Notices

Old 19th November 2020, 12:38   #11
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
The most surprising item I've bought was a pair of long johns that disintegrated when I tried to put them on.
Maybe the purchase of a bigger size might have mitigated against this happening.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2020, 15:16   #12
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vossy View Post
I always leave feedback, I do leave true and accurate feedback based on the product and how the seller has dealt with me regarding communication and postage etc. Virtually always positive, many business want to deal with you and they do it great.

I hate it when a seller does not leave feedback as soon as I have brought and paid for something, my side of the sale contract is complete and it is good, he has my payment. If a seller does this and waits for my feedback first I always leave neutral feedback and explain why.

I have had to leave negative feedback a couple of times over the last few months but it was only a last resort. I brought a new battery and was promised a Saturday delivery because I asked if they would deliver it on said day because it was urgent and the car was needed on the Sunday, no problem was the reply so I parted with lots of money only for the battery to arrive on Monday afternoon, I had messaged the seller all weekend chasing this battery only to be met with "sorry we are closed weekends". On the Monday the seller said he never promised Saturday delivery - Ebay messages proved him wrong and then he blamed Ebay for bumping the delivery onto a 2 day service instead of Saturday delivery. Product very good, service not so, negative feedback left.

The reason for waiting for the buyer to leave feedback first is so the seller can respond to any complaint. If the seller says great buyer prompt payment and then the buyer says product no good, not as described, damaged etc that puts the seller in a bit of a corner.

Please leave feedback first and allow the seller to respond.

We wait for buyer to leave feedback first for the reason mentioned and not for any sinister reason

macafee2
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2020, 17:36   #13
AndrewJames
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

I left neutral feedback once on a micra strut/shock because when I opened the box I found the bracket on the strut that holds the brake hose had been crushed by poor packaging. I managed to bend it back to shape with a pipe. I had a good strut but I had been inconvenienced so it seemed like a neutral experience. To my surprise the seller messaged me saying my feedback was affecting his livelihood. He gave me a partial refund in return for positive feedback!
AndrewJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2020, 17:56   #14
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

My pet hate is sellers that chase you for feedback, then after you leave them feedback they don’t return with their feedback for you.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2020, 18:35   #15
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

I always leave truthful feedback but I don't fret if the buyer/seller does not. How the other person deals with feedback can tell you a lot about them.

I did get asked by a till person in Tesco if I would leave feedback online for them; so after I asked why I would do that when they had done the job they were employed and paid for, the conversation ended.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2020, 20:34   #16
Mason6
Loves to post

V6 Classic SE

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Yes, feedback is always left, and I always check a sellers feedback rating before buying from them.
Absolutely and if it’s less than 98.5 I move right along and find another supplier!

Rover 75 Contemporary SE CDTI in Starlight Silver which was the 49th out of 849 produced
Mason6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2020, 20:51   #17
LeRich
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Cont SE 1.8T

I rarely leave anything other than positive feedback as if I have an issue with the product I make sure every attempt is made to resolve the problem. This usually results in a full or partial refund, sometimes without return of the item required.

The feedback system favours the buyer more. As a buyer you can no longer be given anything other than +ve feedback; otherwise it's a non-paying bidder report from the seller.

I tend not to pay great attention to seller feedback unless their score is sub 95% in which case I'll browse the recent neutral and -ve comments. Usually the comments are left by complete muppets with unrealistic expectations and without contacting the seller first.
Old 20th November 2020, 11:17   #18
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJames View Post
I left neutral feedback once on a micra strut/shock because when I opened the box I found the bracket on the strut that holds the brake hose had been crushed by poor packaging. I managed to bend it back to shape with a pipe. I had a good strut but I had been inconvenienced so it seemed like a neutral experience. To my surprise the seller messaged me saying my feedback was affecting his livelihood. He gave me a partial refund in return for positive feedback!
Yes, apparently neutral is just as damaging as bad. I also did a neutral feedback once and the seller was a bit agitated. Mainly because he had only sold about three items and a bad review gave him, something like, 66% positive (which may put other buyers off). Therefore I can see the sellers point but to me neutral is neither positive nor negative. e.g. If the seller was on 98% for 100 transactions then a neutral feedback should leave them on 98%.

I blame eBay not think it through.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2020, 12:26   #19
KLM
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Club CDT

I always leave feedback invariably as this......

"Well packed and fast delivery. Perfect transaction. Many Thanks".

Or,....... If feedback not left for me,

Hi,
I expect your busy right now, please drop me some feedback when you have a chance.
Many thanks.

Kev.
KLM is offline   Reply With Quote