Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th December 2020, 18:10   #1
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts
Default Thinking of selling

... the TF and maybe the ZT.

I will more than likely keep the ZT, I would be silly to sell them both, the ZT has been the car I have owned the longest, I seem to have stronger vibes to keep the old girl.

Basically I'm after a MK1 Capri, or a MK3 Cortina. I already have a MK3 Capri as some of you will already know, and I've just agreed it's value at 8k. This leads me to get my hands on a MK1 Capri as another investment, another 70's 80's classic is what I'm after.

But, I just know that I'm going to regret selling the TF, the car itself is in exceptional condition, and I bet I wouldn't find another one like it.

What a blooming awkward decision to make, why do I do this to myself.

Here is the old girl.

Last edited by Dallas; 4th December 2020 at 19:43..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2020, 18:30   #2
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Well I know that the TF has been well looked after so will a cracking buy for someone, alas I have no room. Mind you if the ZT was available, but then I would have to sell the Bear.

Good luck Wes on what you decide on.

233,320. New rear tyres on order for BBB.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2020, 18:42   #3
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default A good Idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
... the TF and maybe the ZT.

I will more than likely keep the ZT, I would be silly to sell them both, the ZT has been the car I have owned the longest, I seem to have stronger vibes to keep the old girl.

Basically I'm after a MK1 Capri, or a MK3 Cortina. I already have a MK3 Capri as some of you will already know, and I've just agreed it's value at 8k. This leads me to get my hands on a MK1 Capri as another investment, another 70's 80's classic is what I'm after.

But, I just know that I'm going to regret selling the TF, the car itself is in exceptional condition, and I bet I wouldn't find another one like it.

What a blooming awkward decision to make, why do I do this to myself.
I'm keeping five cars as investments, when Mr Google is driving your car the classic cars will be rich men's toys the world over. My ZT is part of the group of cars I'm saving. The cars I'm keeping are my MK3 Cortina 2000E, My 1982 Cortina Crusader, my 1972 Vauxhall Victor FE with the front bench seat, my ZT and possibly my late brother's 1977 Capri 2.0 Ghia auto, if I don't get the Capri I'll save my 1982 Sierra 1.6L. I have no pension waiting so I've tried to gather stuff with value to gain that missing income. I reckon if I'm right they'll collectively be worth a lot of money and tax free in time.

Last edited by Saga Lout; 5th December 2020 at 18:37..
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2020, 18:59   #4
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Well I know that the TF has been well looked after so will a cracking buy for someone, alas I have no room. Mind you if the ZT was available, but then I would have to sell the Bear.

Good luck Wes on what you decide on.
Thanks Bob.

I'm sure you could park the TF in the rear of the bear, plenty of room in there. LOL

Tracey took the TF down for it's MOT today as I'm still out of action, she passed!!! the TF that is. This prompted us to start talking about selling, Tracey knows I've been looking at MK1 Capri's, so she brought it up, and now I'm considering it.

It made us laugh TBH, we both said it would be nice not to keep lifting the hardtop on and off, it has a heritage hardtop with leather lining, and it's blooming heavy. I keep saying we should just leave the hardtop in it's leather bag, but then the new green mohair soft top will start to deteriorate through the winter months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
I'm keeping five cars as investments, when Mr Google is driving your car the classic cars will be rich men's toys the world over. My ZT is part of the group of cars I'm saving. The cars I'm keeping are my MK3 Cortina 2000E, My 1982 Cortina Crusader, my 1972 Vauxhall Victor FE with the front bench seat, my ZT and possibly my late brother's 1977 Capri 2.0Ghia auto, if I don't get the Capri I'll save my 1982 Sierra 1.6L. I have no pension waiting so I've tried to gather stuff with value to gain that missing income. I reckon if I'm right they'll collectively be worth a lot of money and tax free in time.
Great idea Michael, and the old cars are so much more fun. You have a wonderful collection, I'm so envious.

The problem I have is... The Dacia is the daily driver, the ZT, TF and Capri are all taxed, insured and MOT'd, and to buy yet another motor is going to sting my wallet, and I really don't want to sorn the TF or the ZT for that matter, they will both start to deteriorate.

I really need a garage.

Last edited by Dallas; 4th December 2020 at 19:10..
Old 4th December 2020, 19:24   #5
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Default I need three!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Thanks Bob.

I'm sure you could park the TF in the rear of the bear, plenty of room in there. LOL

Tracey took the TF down for it's MOT today as I'm still out of action, she passed!!! the TF that is. This prompted us to start talking about selling, Tracey knows I've been looking at MK1 Capri's, so she brought it up, and now I'm considering it.

It made us laugh TBH, we both said it would be nice not to keep lifting the hardtop on and off, it has a heritage hardtop with leather lining, and it's blooming heavy. I keep saying we should just leave the hardtop in it's leather bag, but then the new green mohair soft top will start to deteriorate through the winter months.

Great idea Michael, and the old cars are so much more fun. You have a wonderful collection, I'm so envious.

The problem I have is... The Dacia is the daily driver, the ZT, TF and Capri are all taxed, insured and MOT'd, and to buy yet another motor is going to sting my wallet, and I really don't want to sorn the TF or the ZT for that matter, they will both start to deteriorate.

I really need a garage.
I currently have three undercover and garaged, it's the main reason the ZT hasn't been done until now. I have a 1956 Morris Minor that I'm restoring over winter to sell on, that'll buy me the materials and land for two more garages behind my two car garage I built in 2010 before my eyes went silly. My MK3 is just a very empty shell waiting to be put together, I'm up to around 85% of a new car with everything I've collected over 21 years for it. I want the best E in the world and I mean to get it. Have a look at what I've taken it down to, I've also got boxes full of new stuff for it. I'm really building a new MK3 Cortina.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 61.jpg (120.9 KB, 58 views)

Last edited by Saga Lout; 4th December 2020 at 19:26..
Old 4th December 2020, 19:28   #6
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

The MK1 Capri was the best looking to my mind, I'd love one if I had the space to keep it. Can't remember when I last saw one outside of a car show.

Fingers crossed you can find a nice example, I'm sure you'll love it.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2020, 19:39   #7
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Default A good find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
The MK1 Capri was the best looking to my mind, I'd love one if I had the space to keep it. Can't remember when I last saw one outside of a car show.

Cliff
In my job on the football stadium, I was talking to a chap from Arsenal who told me of a MK1 3000E Capri down there waiting to be saved. The year after he confirmed it was still there so I hope it's been rescued. This car in the picture is an E reg Injection model that's been on blocks since 1997, it's still there and waiting to be saved, the owner turned into a recluse and won't respond to letters or calls to save it. I'm told he had a breakdown some years ago. I took these pictures in the place where it is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Injector 1..jpg (132.8 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg Injector 2..jpg (132.8 KB, 65 views)
Old 4th December 2020, 19:48   #8
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post

Cliff
I agree Cliff.

I just started to write out the sales advert, I couldn't do it though, I just hit delete.

I've put up a photo in the first post, what was I thinking, how can I sell, she's so beautiful.

I blame my Tracey, she talked me into it. lol
Old 4th December 2020, 19:51   #9
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
In my job on the football stadium, I was talking to a chap from Arsenal who told me of a MK1 3000E Capri down there waiting to be saved. The year after he confirmed it was still there so I hope it's been rescued. This car in the picture is an E reg Injection model that's been on blocks since 1997, it's still there and waiting to be saved, the owner turned into a recluse and won't respond to letters or calls to save it. I'm told he had a breakdown some years ago. I took these pictures in the place where it is.
Oh wow! that is gorgeous. It's amazing how this sort of thing happens, old cars simply left in old sheds and fields just going to waste.
Old 4th December 2020, 20:53   #10
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

I must learn this selling lark - never want to part with any of my collection, some of which I have owned for over 30 years! Now up to 16, but still keep browsing!
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote