Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th March 2010, 07:12   #21
stevo snr
Loves to post

Rover 75Mk2 Saloon Conn SE CDTi

Always fancied a Rover but ended up buying Triumphs instead, then a few years ago, was wandering around the auction at Manchester and found myself buying the car I have now.
Best car I have ever owned!
Old 25th March 2010, 18:06   #22
muey
Loves to post

75 connoiseur se hi-line tourer cdt

I fell in love with 800's and had an auto saloon, then a fast back. Went to local rover dealer lookin at an 827 stirling and a 75 was on show....... My tongue was on the floor ! Eventually got me a 2.0 v6 connie (which i would still have if i knew this place existed ), V203 FFV, loved that car. Now got a diesel connie se which i am not planning on replacing for a good few years to come. Every time i get in it, and i mean every time, i smile. How many people can say that when they get in thier car ! Regards Mark.
muey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 18:57   #23
nick nick
Retired

R75 CDTI SE ( N80 UTD )

I was on my way to view a R75 cdti connie se and i pulled up at this T junction in Norton Teeside and the car we were going to see drove past
It was a sunny day and the odyssey blue paint work realy looked the business
I fell in love with it and had to have it they wanted £7500 and i got it for £5000 so we drove it home and booked a holiday with the change.Brill eh
nick nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2020, 08:55   #24
ADO13
Avid contributor

Rover 75, 1960 Sprite

Default My first Rover

My first Rover was a 1992 two-door hatchback 214Si, an R8 in light blue. My parents kindly bought me this car in 1997 from a dealer called Buists. I called the car 'Thunderbird 1'. I gave this car to a Rover enthusiast a few years ago. I inherited my Dad's red four-door hatchback 216SLi. Unlike other brands, such as Mazda and Opel, the red paint on Rovers doesn't fade. The next Rover was a metallic silver-grey 2000 1.4 25. Next was 420GSi tourer in pearlescent dark blue. I have also owned a solar red 1.6 25. My current Rover is a diesel Connoisseur SE saloon 'Elgar'. I am planning to keep this car as long as I can. Unfortunately, a car like the 75 or ZT is not available, so I do not know how I will replace it, except with another R40. My near-perfect non-Rover would be a two litre petrol AWD XJ. I love the Rover brand and would not like to own a non-Rover. I might like a Daimler.
ADO13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2020, 10:07   #25
picky747
Gets stuck in

ROVER

2 SD1's 2.6 then 3.5 vanden Plas ,metro,416 and finally 1.8t Conny. 3 of them were BRG, I don't know why but it does suit a Rover.
picky747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2020, 11:43   #26
Briodyjl01
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer, Rover 75 Saloon

I’m 25 so not the average rover lovers age.
I was a young child and when I walked to the white rose shopping centre in Leeds I always walked past a garden that had 2 p4 rovers in it both in a very bad way but I remember they were both black and grey two tone with red leather.
At the same time my dad was telling me his grandad that bought him up who I look up to. When he retired as a chief mechanical engineer at 2 London transport bus depots (Dunton green and Tunbridge wells) he decided to carry on working at Rover dealer in Sevenoaks. My dad always tells me about how he went in and could also remember the 3500.
Fast forward a few years I was walking the dog and saw a British racing green rover 114 GSi automatic (posh late metro). I later bought it with help from my parents as a part 18th birthday present. I then restored it got driving and then got an earlier Austin meter.
A few years past and my dad always said he liked the rover 75. After issues with the metros I got a 75 tourer and then a 75 saloon.

That’s the story of my love for rovers. Sorry if I have bored anyone.
Old 8th December 2020, 12:48   #27
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

The first Rover I noticed was the yellow P6 2000 belonging to my doctor in Gants Hill in 1963. I thought, one day...

Then in 1972 my immediate boss in my newish job decided to retire. He had accompanied me on several sessions showing me the ropes. We always used his Arden Green P6 2000 that he had bought new in 1968 and that was usually the best part of the day.

He was buying another, direct from the factory and exporting it, along with himself, on his retirement to Greece. He agreed to sell me the ‘old’ one at a price that took me a long time to realise was really a gift.

UOY 961F served me very well for some years and much later disappeared from DVLA, presumably scrapped by a later owner. Then there was a succession of 2000’s and 3500’s for the next 12 years, most of them used for towing a caravan.

After some years without a Rover I saw a 75 2.5 facelift and couldn’t resist. Easily the nicest drive of them all. Then saw the one that lived not 200 yards from my house. I had walked past it a thousand times and ogled. BRG, DSG, very low miles, immaculate service history, one lady owner. Did the deal and sold the facelift.

The only time I took a backward glance was through the rear view mirror. After 18 months anything that needed looking at has made itself known and is in the process of being fettled. I’m confident, fingers crossed, that it will probably be the last one to be bought.

23 days
Old 8th December 2020, 14:27   #28
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Bought my first SD1 from my father when he purchased a new one. Properly up market for an 18yr old and a price i couldn't refuse. Was a little juicy commuting from Plymouth to Norwich on leave however

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2020, 15:39   #29
kelvo
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190 SE

My first Rover was a 216 Coupe. I'd always liked the look and shape of them so treated myself to one, I then went on to a 218 VVC in Amaranth. That really was a fabulous colour and was what made me choose it over a Nightfire red one when I first took a look at it - one of those colours which was difficult to judge in a photo but once I'd seen it, wanted it. It also had the full leather as well.

I later fancied a ZT so bought my first ZT190 in trophy blue, but got a bit fed up with it in the end, so ended up with my current charge of a 190SE with all the goodies (plus the SE pack that i've added to it as well) in Firefrost. This was another case of seeing the colour and thinking 'ooooh' so a bit of an impulse purchase but glad I did - even though it meant a trip up the country to pick it up.
kelvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2020, 17:34   #30
YHT
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

1st was a 218 diesel for daughter to drive from Suffolk to uni at Manchester. Old but reliable, was involved in an accident, repaired with helpful bits from the local scrap yard. Mine to drive was a 2002 club diesel when I set up as a sole trader having had company cars for 20 years. It was quiet, reliable, very good fuel consumption and had 'Presence' even with over 200000 miles on the clock. Its been retire due to rusty cills but donor for 2 others (my projects in retirement) slightly younger but fairly rust free.
YHT is offline   Reply With Quote