Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th March 2021, 07:19   #1
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool It’s been an emotional ride...............

........................ and we have had our ups and downs, the occasional swear word from me. There have been times when I have wanted to walk away and move on but how could I let her down after all she has done for me. I never wanted a Yellow car but on this day in 2010 The Flying Banana came into my life.
And 150,000 miles later we are still together. It’s hers, and the Bears birthday next month, when they will both be 17 years old. Both produced in the same month and the same year, just 15 days apart.

Hopefully one day we can get back onto the road and start our mini tours of the UK again. Been a long time since we have seen a lot of our friends.

Keep safe.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2021, 07:42   #2
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

I would confidently guess that the vast majority of the members here follow the trials and tribulations of the Banana, and those of owning the Banana very keenly.

Its not just you that wants to see the Banana out and about again.

The cars an icon.
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2021, 09:16   #3
davidcarp
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Classic CDT SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
........................ and we have had our ups and downs, the occasional swear word from me. There have been times when I have wanted to walk away and move on but how could I let her down after all she has done for me. I never wanted a Yellow car but on this day in 2010 The Flying Banana came into my life.
And 150,000 miles later we are still together. It’s hers, and the Bears birthday next month, when they will both be 17 years old. Both produced in the same month and the same year, just 15 days apart.

Hopefully one day we can get back onto the road and start our mini tours of the UK again. Been a long time since we have seen a lot of our friends.

Keep safe.

Hi Bob
Be good to meet up again one day. My car is 21 today.
davidcarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2021, 09:33   #4
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoroRover View Post
I would confidently guess that the vast majority of the members here follow the trials and tribulations of the Banana, and those of owning the Banana very keenly.

The cars an icon.
Surely the most famous ZT in the land, long my she rule

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2021, 15:22   #5
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoroRover View Post

The cars an icon.
We are all bananas about Banana as it were!
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2021, 16:38   #6
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Hi Bob. Banana is Rover/ZT. She is known throughout the length and breadth of GB and on the continent. With regards to the ‘getting back on the road’, I am just about holding on to do as I am told. Not just fed up, but absolutely screaming to get a few miles under my belt again. I am used to driving on the continent at least once a year, and going on holidays in this country three/ four times a year. With ahem, advancing age, I suppose those days are running out fast. We in and around West Midlands are hoping that the Nano Meet scheduled for July will come to fruition. It’s a new venue and you know you are invited to come and join us. I personally hope you can make it. Ricksta said he might make it, and that means Flying Banana And Redfive can have a chat and a picture day.
Let’s keep our fingers and everything else crossed so it can happen.
Old 24th March 2021, 16:53   #7
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Hi Bob. Banana is Rover/ZT. She is known throughout the length and breadth of GB and on the continent. With regards to the ‘getting back on the road’, I am just about holding on to do as I am told. Not just fed up, but absolutely screaming to get a few miles under my belt again. I am used to driving on the continent at least once a year, and going on holidays in this country three/ four times a year. With ahem, advancing age, I suppose those days are running out fast. We in and around West Midlands are hoping that the Nano Meet scheduled for July will come to fruition. It’s a new venue and you know you are invited to come and join us. I personally hope you can make it. Ricksta said he might make it, and that means Flying Banana And Redfive can have a chat and a picture day.
Let’s keep our fingers and everything else crossed so it can happen.
I have got my name down for the nano meet but will only attend if it safe to do so.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2021, 17:17   #8
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
I have got my name down for the nano meet but will only attend if it safe to do so.
Nothing stopping you attending Bob . . . . might be a bit awkward for driving though.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2021, 17:25   #9
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Thats Great . The last time we met was at a meet in Llangollen.You had got Redfive, and of course, it won best car. A lot of water has gone under the bridge since then. I think we will still be wearing masks, and no cuddling and kissing.
Old 24th March 2021, 17:59   #10
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

I must admit before I saw Flying Banana I thought that it would take a brave man to drive around in something that err... bright!

But, when you see it, what a fantastic car that makes a statement.
The thing I really like about it as that, despite the top notch condition, the car has racked up the miles, doing what a car is supposed to do.

I now love the colour and Bob's choice might have even influenced me slightly.

When, I was looking out for a Daytona 955i ,there were plenty of black and red ones out there, but I held off to get a good one in the colour I wanted.
Which was err.. bright yellow...

(Bob's fault )

Let the good times roll............

Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote