Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th April 2021, 12:00   #1
Westonboy
Posted a thing or two

Honda Jazz

Default I think I'm cured

Greetings to all members old and new. It is now 9 months since I handed custodianship of my Rover 75 to member Salisbury 789. Over the initial months I had all sorts of misgivings, thinking what have I done, and suffering real Rover withdrawal symptoms. Then gradually the ache got less, and then reading about rusting sills, mice attacking underbody felt, and endless clutch issues started to convince me the decision to hand over to a new caring owner had been the right one. Salisbury 789 who now has my Rover displays the level of enthusiasm that I had 10 years ago, so it augers well for the future of my old car. For my part, the joy of being able to go in the garage and not have to squeeze past the Rover every time I needed a screwdriver or other tools is priceless, lawn mowing is no longer subjected to moving the car,usually with a flat battery in order to access the mower. I still feel very much involved, reading the forum every day, and intend to maintain my membership, as the forum is a right good read. I would not have missed the joy of owning a 75 but to quote the Bard theres a tide in the affairs of man, which taken at the flood leads on to fortune, and for me it was such a time, and am happy to say no more misgivings, just ongoing pleasure that my old car has seemingly found such a good home.
Westonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2021, 15:33   #2
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Aahhh. It’s started. Nod.Nod.Wink. Wink. You know what I mean!
Old 10th April 2021, 15:37   #3
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Just wondering, have you looked at the cars for sale forum
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2021, 16:19   #4
Westonboy
Posted a thing or two

Honda Jazz

Well if I am totally honest, I can only look at the wife as a thing of beauty for so long. I really miss the seductive curves and sensuous feel of a Rover when giving it a good polishing, (The Rover that is) maybe one day a mint Cowley Rover 75 auto in Damson with sandstone upholstery might tempt me. The way this government is going it will soon be an inprisonable offence to drive an internal combustion engined car.
Old 11th April 2021, 08:52   #5
PMAN01
Happy to waft not race thanks!

There’s also the seductive curves and sensuous looks of Llangollen; lovely place, visited a few times over the years.
PMAN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2021, 11:17   #6
Westonboy
Posted a thing or two

Honda Jazz

Llangollen is indeed a most beautifull location, I have an Idyllic lifestyle, fishing on the majestic Welsh Dee, and lovely countryside walks, so plenty outside of Rovers to keep me occupied. Another great feature about Llangollen was that it is only just over an hour from Jules at Colwyn Bay so my ex Rover allways had the best possible maintenance.