Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 18th April 2021, 17:01   #71
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Ah, but Raymondo, that pic like many others was pre-service. The Queen like many other attendees did not take part in the funeral procession and was therefore pre-seated awaiting its arrival in the chapel. The procession followed the coffin into the chapel and once the coffin was in position for the service those who took part in the procession made their way to their allotted seat. The Queen was therefore not as alone as some pics suggest and for the service itself Andrew was but two seats away from her side in the same row and block. Interestingly, the vault in the chapel will not be the duke's final resting place. He will be removed on the Queen's passing and taken to Frogmore where both will be reunited in death.
Old 18th April 2021, 17:37   #72
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

Sometimes you want to be alone, nothing peculiar about that,its your choice. Chris.S
Old 18th April 2021, 17:52   #73
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Here is a quote from a post I saw on Facebook, a fan of Prince Philip or not, it still adds another take on his life.

Not my words, but the words of a British soldier from Ulster in regard to HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.
The litany of abuse and inhumanity I have seen aimed at a man who devoted his life to public service of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth has irked me beyond belief.
He's a racist, you say? At 18-months old, as a young Greek baby of Danish parentage, he was removed from his home and as a refugee was taken to Paris where he was brought up by two alcoholic parents. His mother was sectioned when he was five years old, whilst his father left him to pursue his own love life.
As a young boy he was sent to Germany, then England and finally Scotland for his education, where he was taught by the Jewish refugee, Kurt Hahn. This inspired the young Philip to join the Royal Navy in order to fight Nazism; something his three elder siblings had embraced - all of them married officers of the Third Reich.
A misogynist? In 1952 he renounced all of his own Royal titles and patronage in order to be subservient to the one true love of his life; a woman whom he would be with for 74 years. A man with more royal blood than the woman he married, who chose to give up his name for hers and follow two steps behind her for the remainder of his years. A chap who raised his children whilst his wife worked at at time when that was deemed emasculating.
No compassion? His Uncle, Lord Louis Mountbatten - the fellow who raised him during his teenage years and mentored him beyond, indeed the only 'father figure' he knew - was murdered by the IRA in the Republic of Ireland in 1979. In 2012, he stood and watched as his wife shook hands with the man who masterminded his beloved Uncle's murder - and did so in order to ensure a more peaceful life for the souls of the children of Northern Ireland that they did not suffer the childhood he endured.
He was the patron of 800+ charities, founded the Duke of Edinburgh awards that over 3 million British children have benefited from, and was an architect of the World Wildlife Fund for nature. Abrasive and 'of his time' maybe but by God he was a brilliant, clever, witty man who left an indelible mark on all those he met. He attended over 22,000 public engagements in his working life, all to ensure the embetterment of others.
Requiesce in peace Philip Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg; you truly are one of the finest foreign, refugee imports the country has had the pleasure to home, and one of its greatest Britons though not a drop of her blood ran through your veins.
You leave a wealthy legacy of humanitarinism that those who choose to mock could never equal.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
Old 18th April 2021, 18:30   #74
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Why are you arguing about who was or wasn't sitting near the Queen and how near they are. Queen or not she is a 94 year old who has lost her partner of 73 years.

T4 Location Map
Old 18th April 2021, 19:22   #75
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Why are you arguing about who was or wasn't sitting near the Queen and how near they are. Queen or not she is a 94 year old who has lost her partner of 73 years.
Quite. Thanks for that.
Old 18th April 2021, 19:28   #76
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
Here is a quote from a post I saw on Facebook, a fan of Prince Philip or not, it still adds another take on his life.
]
Thanks Alan. To present negative view, however strongly felt, in an obituary sort of misses the point.
Old 19th April 2021, 21:19   #77
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Who is the target of this post?
Old 19th April 2021, 23:18   #78
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Not aimed at anyone in particular.

T4 Location Map
Old 20th April 2021, 07:18   #79
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

And with that I think the thread has run it’s course. The thread is now closed.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
Closed Thread