Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer, 9th & 10th Rovers

Computer Weekly article - 7th Dec. 2020

https://www.computerweekly.com/news/...ressure-mounts

Regards

Mike

Previously
2002 75 1.8 auto Club SE,
2000 75 1.8 auto Classic SE (Company Car)
1997 420 (Company Car)
1996 216 cabriolet,
198? 213 VDP
1986 SD1 V8 VDP,
1968 2000TC,
1966 2000.
BRG75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2021, 11:38   #12
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

What a disgrace.

Maybe the CEO should be made personally bankrupt and spend some time at Her Majesty's Pleasure. It might send a warning shot across the bows of some in similar positions.

And it would be nice if some serious investigations were made in general into how folks can move from one "organization" to another and indeed receive honours when there's evidence of, shall we say, "iffy" behaviour & decisions.

And as for the expert witness - where's the honesty, integrity and truth and what are the consequences for them to their actions?

But I imagine that the little people will get hammered while to top ones float away untouched.

Sorry for the rant.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2021, 12:32   #13
Jeff Turbo
Loves to post

MGZT cdti

Two of my long standing Asian clients were jailed over this travesty, both protesting their innocents and no one believed them. Neither were rich but both comfortably off at the time, it broke the families completely.
I didn't believe they were guilty, it was totally out of character and there was no point. Both families have been vindicated which is years too late as both passed away a couple of years ago, still with this on their records.
Shocking at the time and still is
2004 Monogram Poseidon MGZT cdti
2004 Pearl Black MGZT 260
Jeff Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2021, 12:33   #14
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Totally agree.

I would also suggest a read of the article from “ComputerWeekly.com” 7th Dec 2020. It looks like a number of computer literate people were well aware of the issues and were sure a miscarriage of justice was not just happening but was being pushed along by certain people in the Post Office Senior Management.

I cannot post links on here so if anyone wishes to - I would be grateful

The article is:-

“Post Office IT scandal CEO Paula Vennells jumps NHS ship as pressure mounts”

After leaving the PO - Vennells became Chair at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust.

A Consultant at the NHS Trust after reading about the case referred Vennells appointment to the NHS Trust to the Care Quality Commission.

The suggestion is that she jumped before she was pushed as it has been revealed that a document exists which proves that the PO was advised by one of its own Barristers that its expert witnesses in the prosecution of Sub-Postmasters failed to give information that could have undermined the prosecutions.

The Peer James Arbuthnot recently said that the document could reveal that the Post Office “lied to, and was in contempt of, Parliament” during the previous inquiry into the scandal

It was also asked:-

“Can it be coincidence that shortly after it became clear that the Post Office lied to Parliament, Paula Vennells announced she was stepping down from the NHS job?”

Excellent article from ComputerWeekly Well worth a read.
perhaps people should not read the article, it is kind of heart breaking how badly staff were treated while others prospered.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2021, 14:35   #15
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

Who or which organisation wrote the Horizon software? Was the Requirement adequate, How was it tested (in the field obviously at the cost of these poor poastmasters). Who signed it off for implementation? What was the Contract value?

Lots of questions yet to be answered. A minimum payment to each of the lost salaries from dismissal to present date would seem to me to be appropriate to say the least.
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2021, 14:58   #16
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annfield-East View Post
Nick Wallis, the investigative journalist who tirelessly championed and highlighted the postmasters case, he was crowdfunded so as to take leave from his normal work and attend every day of the court hearings, should be knighted. He is an example of the very best of investigative journalism.
Private Eye ran the story for years - maybe before Mr Wallis.
Old 24th April 2021, 17:05   #17
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

The Post Office commissioned a report into the Horizon computer system by an investigative company, Second Sight. Computer World IT reported the Post Office were obstructing the enquiry by withholding documentation relating to "evidence" against the prosecuted sub postmasters. The Post Office cancelled the enquiry the day before it was due to be published and destroyed all the paperwork they had withheld! All smacks of an (incompetent) attempt to cover up.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2021, 18:46   #18
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

This is another example of people appointed to executive positions on the basis they have run "similar" type/size organization. They are rarely the best candidate but fit into some "quota" appointment. See NHS/Police/Immigration/Customs and excise/Income Tax/VAT/BorderAgency and Im sure there are many I have missed. And even when found to be incompetent or even dishonest they then move to an even better job. Chris.S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2021, 11:11   #19
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

And how did I miss out the CPS! and most NGA's and Quango's Chris.S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2021, 19:24   #20
jeremy
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

There is a petition seeking to get to 15000 signatures on this injustice. Please find it and sign it. I made a donation about a year ago but that may not be necessary now with the momentum this has. There needs to be an independent judge-led inquiry into this shameful and shoddy episode of British institutional life. In my view and from a lot of study of this dreadful affair, the main burden of blame attaches firmly to the former Post Office CEO Paula Vennells.
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote