Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 11th March 2018, 12:55   #1
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Default Interior colour

Odd question I know, but are any of the spec genius's on here able to identify the interior colour fitted in my car YA52 VNX or do you need vin numbers and the like to identify?

Thanks in advance.
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2018, 13:15   #2
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=37734
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2018, 21:47   #3
Tam
Posted a thing or two

05 ZT+, 04 ZT+, 64 P6 2.0, 74 P6 V8s, 75 P6 V8, 92 214Si, 04 25 Td, 02 Defend , 05 ZR 105+ x2

Sandstone Beige / Ash Grey according to your VIN
Old 11th March 2018, 22:24   #4
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam View Post
Sandstone Beige / Ash Grey according to your VIN
Thank you both for your very kind help.

Following the link the code on the plate on my car is indeed SCF

However here's the problem that prompted my query.

I have just taken possession of one of Seans's new / old stock wood and leather steering wheels ( and very nice too )

I ordered a walnut and sandstone one as that is what I understood my trim to be and the code on the plate in my car confirms this SCF....Sandstone beige.

However the leather on the new wheel is lighter than the original and in the link provided it says on the SCF trim section that the steering wheel ( and seats ) are actually SCD...the original wheel appears to be marginally more on the greyish side of beige matching the rest of the interior.

So whats going on? Are there different shades of Sandstone beige and how come the sandstone leather on my newly received wheel is lighter? It would seem now that my only option is to dye the leather patches but what colour description would I look for and where would I get it from?

The other thing that is puzzling me is that on the section about real and plastic burr walnut in the linked code pages the real dashes are quite dark with the 'Airbag' printed on it and the plastic walnut is lighter with the different smaller inset 'Airbag' wording.

My dash is the darker version with the smaller inset 'Airbag' on it which indicates plastic walnut burr ( which I'm not bothered about as my previous 75 had the real walnut and quite frankly I can't tell the difference other than for the 'Airbag' writing scenario as the dark shade on the dash in my current car is exactly the same as in my old car which had the real walnut)

Yet the original steering wheel plus the new one that I've just received have the slightly lighter walnut burr pictured for plastic rather than the darker version. (again I'm not that bothered but am surprised that there is a mix and match on the original with the darker walnut dash )

I don't know if the above is all a little confusing but how come my dash indicated as plastic burr due to the 'Airbag' giveaway is still darker than the plastic walnut burr indicated in photo on the link.

And whats the deal with the slightly lighter wood on the original and now replacement steering wheel and the lighter shade of sandstone leather on the new wheel?

Grateful for any help by those in the know and am only to happy to try and clarify the possibly confusing details written above if asked.

I don't have any photos but if it helps might try to get some up in the next couple of days but have been put off by others saying how difficult it is to do this.

Is the whole different colours scenario caused by possible chaos at MG /Rover at the time or is there a more rationale explanation?

My car was registered in early 2003 so obviously was manufactured earlier than that, if that helps at all.

Thank you for any replies or suggestions.

Last edited by bendrick; 11th March 2018 at 22:28..
Old 12th March 2018, 10:30   #5
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Post pictures of your wheels and dashboard we will be able to tell from there.
Old 12th March 2018, 11:45   #6
KevF6
Loves to post

Rover 75

I had one of Sean’s new sandstone/walnut steering wheels but after I offered it up it was clear that the sandstone was indeed just a completely different colour - it was almost a yellow. The walnut was also very light, which to me seemed like plastic as opposed to wood. Obviously I couldn’t find out but that’s what it seemed to me. I did him a favour and recoloured the leather to the correct shade and sent it back for a refund. I think it may have been a chinese one as the bar code was not as per Rover.

In the end I got an original off of Stubie.

If I remember I’ll post a pic of the colour difference.

Kev

Done:
New leather & walnut steering wheel, headlight restore, new badges to rear & engine, walnut facia trims, full size spare wheel, timing belts, Plenum spy hole, DD head unit.

• This vehicle was the 67,855th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
• This vehicle was the 2,457th 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,671

Last edited by KevF6; 12th March 2018 at 11:48..
KevF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2018, 12:21   #7
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Thanks for that.

The original in the car ( assuming it was the original...the leather and colour of the plastic parts match the seats and centre console plastic shade) is lighter wood as well.

I have seen loads of pictures of cars on here that have the dark walnut fascia and lighter wood steering wheel, some may well have been renewed steering wheels but it seems to me that there were way too many with the lighter wood steering wheel for it just to be down to exange wheels.

I've been meaning to bring the subject up for a while anyway.

Last edited by bendrick; 12th March 2018 at 12:31..
Old 12th March 2018, 12:59   #8
Mike Trident
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Saloon & Citroen C1

I have just changed from light oak to walnut in my 2004 facelift.

The plastic parts (including the new steering wheel) are all the same. The real wood dash is very dark at the driver's side and lighter at the passenger side. But at the the end of the day you are dealing with wood. No too can ever be identical.

Very happy with how mine has turned out. Just wish I had a new knob lol

BORN
Tuesday, 5th October 2004 @ 12:35:52
This vehicle was the 104,679th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 3,318th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
This vehicle was the 12,440th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s

Last edited by Mike Trident; 12th March 2018 at 15:28..
Mike Trident is offline   Reply With Quote