Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 17th February 2021, 20:13   #1
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts
Default I have my covid appointment

Tuesday next week I am booked in for my first covid jab. It is a bit scary, am I really that much at risk to be getting it so soon?

I got the text but was not sure if it was legit. Tried to look at doctors web site, useless. Tried to ring the doctors surgery, first call pick option 8, useless. Re-dial and spoke to a young lady and the issue of the second jab came up. They nearly cancelled my first jab (not ready to say why). After a bit of discussion about known facts and what happens if the reason for cancelling does not appear they agreed to keep my appointment.
My second jab is booked for May 12th but I'm not getting the Oxford one either time.
I had wanted British just because it is British made.

Have already said to my wife I can go back to work. Since late December I have not "wanted" to work, no point I felt risking catching covid and I don't need to work. Would be good to be getting out of the house a bit more, talking to people and earning my pittance to spend on my cars.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2021, 20:21   #2
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Thanked 1,161 Times in 924 Posts

Got my first jab last Friday, docs phoned me and booked me in at a local tennis club. From arriving to driving off again...10minutes. Oxford Astra Zeneca, didn't feel a thing and no side effects at all, I'm 67 with no health issues.
Heddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2021, 20:23   #3
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Congratulations, I am still hoping to get my first jab by early April. But everytime I listen to the news there seems to be yet another group campaigning to be bumped up the priority list.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2021, 20:26   #4
wullie480
This is my second home

Thanked 1,022 Times in 786 Posts

Both my wife and eldest daughter have had there first jabs both had a bit of a sore arm the next dead a bit like a “dead” arm feeling but that was all.

The last I checked on the website thingy my first jab was October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 17th February 2021, 20:47   #5
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

I understand that there is a new Welsh variant in Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch. The BBC haven't reported it yet, as Huw Edwards and Alex Jones are away at the moment!
Old 18th February 2021, 07:22   #6
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-45 View Post
Congratulations, I am still hoping to get my first jab by early April. But everytime I listen to the news there seems to be yet another group campaigning to be bumped up the priority list.
The majority of people are a priority. Here are a few groups :-
NHS
Fire
Police
Phone
Gas
Water
Electric
Transport
Insurance
media
legal
refuse collection/disposal
mental health/support agencies
council
tradesmen
education
import/export industry
fuel
carers

and all the others I have not listed

macafee2
Old 18th February 2021, 20:57   #7
janker
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon & MGZT 190

Just nice to get the jab, I felt relived straight away even though it take 3/4 weeks to begin protection , Im a carer in Residential so had it beginning of January.

Didn't feel a thing only issue was felt like a dead arm next day but fine otherwise.

My New Addition
MGZT 190 Trophy Blue 2001 Petrol.
janker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2021, 22:33   #8
KLM
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Club CDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Tuesday next week I am booked in for my first covid jab. It is a bit scary, am I really that much at risk to be getting it so soon?

I got the text but was not sure if it was legit. Tried to look at doctors web site, useless. Tried to ring the doctors surgery, first call pick option 8, useless. Re-dial and spoke to a young lady and the issue of the second jab came up. They nearly cancelled my first jab (not ready to say why). After a bit of discussion about known facts and what happens if the reason for cancelling does not appear they agreed to keep my appointment.
My second jab is booked for May 12th but I'm not getting the Oxford one either time.
I had wanted British just because it is British made.

Have already said to my wife I can go back to work. Since late December I have not "wanted" to work, no point I felt risking catching covid and I don't need to work. Would be good to be getting out of the house a bit more, talking to people and earning my pittance to spend on my cars.

macafee2
Relax, just chill a bit.
Kev.
KLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2021, 05:37   #9
MGjim
Loves to post

MG ZT-T 160+

I'm booked for my first dose next Friday, have to travel a little way to get it, but that doesn't bother me, an excuse to give the ZT-T a run out!
And my youngest son's girlfriend is a newly qualified nurse, she now spends most of the working week doing her "day" job, including looking after covid patients, and one day a week sticking needles in arms at her local vaccination center.
MGjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2021, 07:33   #10
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGjim View Post
I'm booked for my first dose next Friday, have to travel a little way to get it, but that doesn't bother me, an excuse to give the ZT-T a run out!
And my youngest son's girlfriend is a newly qualified nurse, she now spends most of the working week doing her "day" job, including looking after covid patients, and one day a week sticking needles in arms at her local vaccination center.
According to Google I have a whole 5.2 miles to my appointment but looking at the route think I can do it for less.

macafee2