Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 18th April 2021, 10:35   #1
Mark190
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Default Im still here

Hi all not been on here for quite some time. I have still got my black ZTSE190 and its still costing me money! It really must be a labour of love everybody keeps telling me to get rid of it but i dont listen to them. I just keep telling them who knows it may be a desirable classic some time in the near future. I still use it everyday but only for very low mileages and there really does not seem to be any other ZTs around here where i live in Tamworth, maybe the odd one or two occasionally. It still looks great when its cleaned and polished up once in a while not bad looking for a 17 year old car. So yeah im still hanging in there determined to keep it alive and its certainly starting to feel old and dated out on the road now when out and about with all these other super modern cars that we have now. Looking forward to maybe getting to one of the local meetings again hopefully if things get sort of back to normal. All the best everyone Mark.
Mark190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2021, 11:36   #2
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark190 View Post
Hi all not been on here for quite some time. I have still got my black ZTSE190 and its still costing me money! It really must be a labour of love everybody keeps telling me to get rid of it but i dont listen to them. I just keep telling them who knows it may be a desirable classic some time in the near future. I still use it everyday but only for very low mileages and there really does not seem to be any other ZTs around here where i live in Tamworth, maybe the odd one or two occasionally. It still looks great when its cleaned and polished up once in a while not bad looking for a 17 year old car. So yeah im still hanging in there determined to keep it alive and its certainly starting to feel old and dated out on the road now when out and about with all these other super modern cars that we have now. Looking forward to maybe getting to one of the local meetings again hopefully if things get sort of back to normal. All the best everyone Mark.
You cannot keep a ZT owner down. Glad you are still around and keeping the ZT alive.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2021, 11:53   #3
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark190 View Post
Have a read of this

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/maga...e-time-is-now/

Published last month

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2021, 12:37   #4
Mark190
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
You cannot keep a ZT owner down. Glad you are still around and keeping the ZT alive.
I am still around and keeping the ZT alive mate yes. Dont get me wrong i haveto put up with a lot of shall we say negative comments from workmates and the like but to be honest it just makes me more determined to keep it and keep it looking great. They can all get stuffed as long as i like it thats all that matters.
Old 18th April 2021, 12:46   #5
Mark190
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire GOC View Post
Have a read of this

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/maga...e-time-is-now/

Published last month
Definitely grey and definitely proud, actually just a couple of weeks ago i made the effort to wash the car and polish it and then shined all the rubber and plastic trim up and the tyre walls and one of my neighbours said a couple of days later as i was driving past that it was a beautiful looking car! So that made me feel a whole lot better about it.
Old 18th April 2021, 16:56   #6
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Don't understand why everyone wants a modern Eurobox, with loads of unnecessary gadgets to go wrong. The youngest car in my fleet is now 13 years old, and I have no intention of going newer! I prefer to stand out from the crowd, and remember, the greenest car is still the one you are currently driving.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2021, 11:19   #7
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

I can relate to this, had our ZTT coming up to 3 years this summer and it seems to have emptied the wallet out regular over it. Couple of days ago was sat waiting for an order at the drive thru and two young teen boys came past, one stopped and gave the ZTT a good look shouting "Wow that car is amazing look at it" . Sat there and smiled (i'll take that) first time i had that but makes the graft and wallet emptying worth it lol.

Renew auxiliary drive belt # Replace driver door lock actuator # Refurbish wheels
Retap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2021, 20:18   #8
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

Mark did you have a blue ZT many moons ago? I’m sure I used to message you! 😊
coab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2021, 19:46   #9
Mark190
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by coab View Post
Mark did you have a blue ZT many moons ago? I’m sure I used to message you! 😊
Hi mate no not a blue one. I started out with a blue Rover 827SLi auto ( which incidentally was a lovely car to drive) then a white Rover 620 diesel followed by a black Rover 600 2.0 turbo ( 200bhp and super fast) then a humble silver Rover 45 1.6 ( which had the dreadful K-Series and blew the head gasket twice!), then my first ZT a sort of bronze/grey 1.8 turbo which the previous owner had chipped to 193bhp and this one also blew the head gasket twice. Then my red ZT V6190 and finally to my present ZT which is a pearl black 190V6SE which i have had for 4 years this year. So i must be a sucker for punishment i guess.