Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th April 2021, 16:04   #1
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts
Default customer service

I'm a bit funny about customer service. I think the people I speak to should make me want to deal with the company.

3 cases of customer service.

1 2 years ago daughter orders a Wren kitchen, it is installed but I dont know by whom. A week ago when one of the draws is pulled up the draw tips downwards. Before I can fit it the draw all but falls out. I cant work out how to remove draw from runner so I ring Wren.
Woman that answers asked who the designer was.... why?
She tells me she is only a receptionist so i suggest she asks someone and point out this is a customer service opportunity, dont leave me thinking poorly about Wren. eventually she asks a manager who does not weant to now how the lady dealt with the call but did tell me how to remove draw.

I wont buy Wren

2 Long story cut short. Wifes Ford Focus door has an intermittent locking problem. Ford Dealer changes lock at some £200 +. Wife collects the car and tries door while in the car park, it wont open. Very appologetic they want to keep car over weekend to fault find while fault exists. They order new lock fit it and all ok they are apologetic.

Wife happy to take car back to dealer for any work and even buy from them

3 I had my Sthil KM100R booked in for a service. I ask about servicing my pole pruner (it is like a mini chain saw attachment) and I explain the problem. They ask if I have it and once handed to them the stripped it down on the counter in front of me to check it. They showed me how to adjust the chain, how to check the teeth are sharp and how to sharpen them and give be a new file to sharpen them. they also advise nothing wrong with the pole pruner. All the strip down of the pole pruner, advice and file were free of charge. The chap also offered to vist a home I am considering buying to look at the garden and advise on what sit on mower to buy.

These people are now my go to people for Sthil.

Some people in customer services roles really need to understand they can cost their companies thousands of pound in lost orders and put their own job at risk. Some managers need to understand that they may have staff that bring in thousands of pounds just by the way they deal with customers.

macafee2
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2021, 16:26   #2
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Best customer service I've ever come across is from Dunlop Guitar Parts based in California. I wanted to fit a particular type of quick release strap attachment, I had the part that fitted on the strap but not the part that fitted on the guitar. I couldn't find what I wanted listed anywhere so contacted the manufacturer, Dunlop in California. I got a reply, send your address and we'll send the parts FOC! Didn't just send what I was after, sent the full blister pack with the parts for the guitar and strap. They actually did that twice! Second time I enquired I specifically said I don't want a freebie, just want to know where I can get the guitar parts separately but they sent a full set FOC again.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2021, 17:55   #3
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I wont buy Wren

macafee2
All these type of companies are a bit iffy but most have a dedicated customer support line. I've never heard of a receptionist trying to diagnose a problem, normally they are only to happy/relieved to transfer one.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2021, 19:49   #4
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

About 3 years ago we looked at Wren kitchens. We felt we were the ones designing the new kitchen with little input from the designer, they sent some one out to do the measuring and he had no idea.

We went back in a week or so later for the quote, £23,000 and if we wanted them to fit it that would be another £4000.

We walked along the road and popped into Wickes, we sat down with the designer who showed us some great ideas and 2 days later he came to look at the kitchen and take some measurements and came up with some more ideas as he could see the kitchen.

We went back to see the quote that also included a new stove style cooker that the Wren kitchen did not include and he came up with £7000 but it would be £3000 cheaper if we arranged for our own fitter. We know a kitchen fitter.

When Wren rang to ask about there quote we told then about Wickes and they said they would match the price. Needless to say we told Wren were to go.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2021, 20:03   #5
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Several times I have resorted to the line " you have to remember that this is being recorded for training purposes and if you still have a job after this has been listened to, I'd be
surprised".
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote