Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th January 2021, 22:28   #11
Bolin
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE 4dr manual Wedgewood Blue 2 04-05/06/2001

There is some interesting information here on effectiveness after one dose:

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...e-vaccine-dose

As per the OP's warning, it is best to act as if you are unprotected until a couple of weeks or so after the second dose.
"...the new Rover 75, which is a fabulous car......I think it looks fabulous....It's like sitting in a Rolls Royce......For me, this is the star of the show.....it looks so good" - J. Clarkson, motoring journalist on the launch of the Rover 75 in 1998.

Last edited by Bolin; 16th January 2021 at 22:31..
Bolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2021, 11:25   #12
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

My 81 year old mother having been vaccinated has been told she must continue to shield.

The vaccine does not prevent you from contracting Covid, what it does in the majority of cases attenuate the effect infection has upon you.

Wish your brother a speedy recovery.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2021, 12:27   #13
rontug
Loves to post

rover 75 Club SE cdt 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
I really, really wish your brother well.--At 83 I'm in the same sort of age group. Your news is a little bit worrying to me.

Reading through all the posts on this thread I found my thoughts about what's happening similar to those of Bolin.

There are bound to occur cases of folk who have acquired Covid concurrent with their appointment for the vaccine.

Maybe in your brothers case the vaccine hadn't had enough time to trigger a response against the vaccine before he became infected with the actual virus.

You don't say where your brother is at the moment but I hope he is somewhere where he can be given all the help he needs to fight the infection.

Again as in all the above posts I hope for the very best for him.

Colvert.
Sorry didn't want to worry anybody, as most people on here like myself our getting a little bit older, I was just trying to make a point. that after your jab you must carry on being very carefull. He is in good hands at home and being looked after will keep all informed of his progress Regards Ron

Last edited by rontug; 17th January 2021 at 12:30..
rontug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2021, 16:00   #14
JohnnyBG
Avid contributor

ZT-T

"mainly from over 50s who no doubt thinking they are safe after the vaccine."

I wasn't aware that over 50's were being vaccinated (other than possibly vulnerable groups). Only today it was announced that over 70's were being vaccinated.

If over 50's are being vaccinated I want mine (68).

JohnnyBG
JohnnyBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2021, 16:28   #15
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontug View Post
Sorry didn't want to worry anybody, as most people on here like myself our getting a little bit older, I was just trying to make a point. that after your jab you must carry on being very carefull. He is in good hands at home and being looked after will keep all informed of his progress Regards Ron
I should like to endorse that advice. Just carry on being sensible regardless. I've had feedback from a frontline hospital consultant who had one shot early on and was tested for antibodies with the result coming in as negative. He is not happy at having his second shot delayed for three months! This has a long way to run. With four variants now documented, the efficacy of the vaccine is now in sufficient doubt that it's just common sense to be careful. Good luck to all of us.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2021, 17:59   #16
postbasher
Avid contributor

Rover Connoisseur cdt se auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
With luck your brother will get through OK, lots of fluids and rest seem to help, I slept on four pillows to keep me almost upright, it helped to ease the vicious cough. I lost the ability to eat and that was hard, I ended up drinking complan to help me, maybe some of that in the house wouldn't be a bad thing.
Wish him well from myself as he fights it off.
Sounds truly awful...well done for getting thru it...just glad it worked out ok...may i ask how long you were unable to eat?...and would you liken your symptoms to flu?
thanks
Mark
postbasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2021, 20:49   #17
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by postbasher View Post
Sounds truly awful...well done for getting thru it...just glad it worked out ok...may i ask how long you were unable to eat?...and would you liken your symptoms to flu?
thanks
Mark
I don't think it's anything like a Flu Virus, with the Flu you have an understanding of what you're facing. If you get covid there are too many variables to consider, I didn't eat for 15 days and knew I was starving myself to death, it didn't matter as the thought of food just made me feel worse, I drank Complan and melted Ice cream for many days until I could face solid food again. I've lost over two stones in weight and it's going to be a task to regain it, the weight loss and lack of eating made me very weak, I couldn't stand up to wash and sat on the floor of the shower, I then fell on the floor and waited for help to get dry before being helped back into bed.
If you asked me what was the worst part I'd say it was the cough, it comes from nowhere and with nothing to cough up, it can make you cough for hours until you vomit and beyond until you're so weak you're passing out with the strain. It's almost five weeks since I fell ill and my lungs are still sore from coughing, that still happens though not as much just now. The virus finds any weakness in anyone, that's how it kills.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote