wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredSpencer View Post
Don't get me started!

Politicians!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH HH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh Fred, you're a tonic!
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 18:11   #12
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverowner View Post
Thing is that for years the member nations have been borrowing and taking money out of the EU kitty like there was no tomorrow. How many times have certain countries gone over budget just to get a slap on the hand from big brother in Brussels. Then they have just continued borrowing and spending although there hasnīt been any substance to it all. Now the bubble has burst and everyone (read politial collective) are screeming from the rooftops. All a good ploy to get even more tax out of the few of those still in employment. They havenīt a clue how to solve it all as there is no comercial base left in many of the countries. The Germans are trying to save what can be saved. The French think they can hang on to the Germans coat tails in the hope they will be drawn along by them.

EU politicians (and most of the national politicians) have a liking for selling off all -the problems- to private industry, in the hope that they will sort things out (in the name of making even more money) Of course the private sector isnīt interested in 6000 workers in Birmingham or the workers at SAAB in Sweden. Just get the technoligy as cheaply as pos and then strip the assets. Normal practice. Of course most of the top politicians have a finger in the -industrialites- pie and as long as they make their millions and then can -bow out-, alls huncky dorry. Tehy have been doing it for centuries and as long as you manage to get into the -club- youīre alright. The state of the western world is looking more and more like the Romans before the preverbial hit the fan (and Erik from southern Sweden wrote obcene jokes in runic on the colums of the coloseum:xmas-smiley-004 Of course now it would have to be manderin......

Nothing wrong with the peoples of Europe (or anywhere else for that matter). They are pushed in certain directions whether they like it or not.
Ever wondered who actually owns all the debt. Answer is 2 or 3 blokes with inscrutable smiles. Why have a big war when you can litterally buy out the opposition. -King and Country- If the -enemy- or more like the system that wants to take over most things, own - Country- then that only leaves you with an expensive monachy........

2 of the 3 most powerfull countries in the world are run by dictators. With the decline of the USA (whether you like them or not) has made the world situation very unstable. When other -wanna be- countries see that the americans have reached the end of the everlasting -golden fountain-, then there will be rucksions from a lot of quarters where a feudal type of system predominates. If they havenīt got the hardware then they will have the -masses- A form of Stalins old -Quantity has a quality all of itīs own-

What to do. Not much -Jack Jones- can do. Get used to -the cold-

Sounds very depressing and I hope Iīve got it all wrong. Somehow I donīt think so though.....
That about covers it! When the bright new dawn comes, you be PM, bags me Chancellor.
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 18:31   #13
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
That about covers it! When the bright new dawn comes, you be PM, bags me Chancellor.
I'll be Minister for Foreign Jaunts. I've been to Loch Lomond twice ......what more qualification do I need?
FredSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 18:32   #14
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

At the risk of making myself sound even more stupid than is already known, I know zilch about politics.. Did David Cameron do the correct thing for us, or not?
Old 9th December 2011, 18:36   #15
blaggard
Avid contributor

Rover 75 connoisseur se

I voted againdt tha Common Market because I knew it couldn't work and was really just "Federal Europe" it took longer than I thought but of course turned to **** in the end.

Last edited by Dragrad; 9th December 2011 at 21:40.. Reason: Contravention of Club Rules - FAQ Rule 2
blaggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 18:39   #16
MN190
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
At the risk of making myself sound even more stupid than is already known, I know zilch about politics.. Did David Cameron do the correct thing for us, or not?
I don't think he had a choice
Agree and he sells us out
Don't agree and he is anti Europe

And I can't stand him
MN190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 18:41   #17
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Depends on your point of view ...... and not having one is probably the best advice I can give you.
FredSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 18:45   #18
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

I like him personally. Better than that grinning idiot.. (Not Mr. Brown..)
Old 9th December 2011, 20:18   #19
man of kent
Loves to post

75 tourer auto diesel

Looks like we might be shoved out of the EU after being the only ones to speak up against one country dominating Europe. The fact remains that Germany has seen the Med countries borrowing more to buy mainly German goods. they just kept taking the money like our bankers took the bonuses. At least we now dont have to pay into the EU to support the Euro.

****** cheek asking us to bail them out when we told them many years ago it would not work.

I understand that 2 or 3 other countries may not agree with the new 'rules'. They are going back to their parliaments. Maybe the UK will not be the only country to not agree.

If we drop out completely, can we send back all the European immigrants?

Seeing that we will not be at the table to rewrite the rule book, should we abide by it?. The Europeans have not been following the rules anyway. The only difference will be that the Germans will be looking at the books and saying yes or no..

I used to be a big supporter of European unity but its just not possible with the nationalistic attitudes of most of them. Even we aren't sure.

I haven't forgotten what the Germans did to us when we were in the ERM. It was going to cost them to keep supporting the pound so they just pulled the plug. no warning, just did it. There were rules in the ERM and they did not follow them!
man of kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 21:17   #20
Tatts
This is my second home

MG6 TL

Surprised the French haven't blocked the Channel Tunnel in protest!

Or gone on strike.

Or something.
Tatts is offline   Reply With Quote