Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 6th May 2015, 16:58   #21
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

The bulletin was released in 2003, I would guess later cars will have been fitted with the solution at the factory?

My 2004 would seem to have one and it is a rectangle of soft rubber (like a truck inner tube), which hangs down ahead of the mouth of the intake, behind the grill. I suspect it will be fixed by the three bolts, which fix the intake to the slam panel.

As I recall, the plastic intake has a small drain hole in the base, I would assume to allow any water to drain back out.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 6th May 2015 at 17:06..
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2015, 17:02   #22
dadragon
Gets stuck in

Jaguar 3 litre sport. (Lee) Rover 75 Connoisseur T4'd (Roger) Rover 75 Connoisseur SE (Gaynor)

So can anyone confirm that all facelift diesels have this plate? Just wondered as both my car and the wife's have the bellows removed ( hers for 4+ years) and we have been out in some truly awful weather which would probably drown ducks and never had so much as a hiccup from the engine. Can't remove the grill on our cars (unfortunately) so can't check to see. Thanks.
Regards DaDragon
dadragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2015, 18:01   #23
RodgerD
Rodger & Out

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadragon View Post
So can anyone confirm that all facelift diesels have this plate? Just wondered as both my car and the wife's have the bellows removed ( hers for 4+ years) and we have been out in some truly awful weather which would probably drown ducks and never had so much as a hiccup from the engine. Can't remove the grill on our cars (unfortunately) so can't check to see. Thanks.
Regards DaDragon
Water will contaminate the MAF, you might not notice it re: driving the car, but the MAF output might be out of spec which will affect the fueling.
RodgerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2015, 18:21   #24
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodgerD View Post
Water will contaminate the MAF, you might not notice it re: driving the car, but the MAF output might be out of spec which will affect the fueling.
.. and the only reliable way to tell if your MAF has been damaged, is via a T4. The symptoms are not obvious.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2015, 18:57   #25
dadragon
Gets stuck in

Jaguar 3 litre sport. (Lee) Rover 75 Connoisseur T4'd (Roger) Rover 75 Connoisseur SE (Gaynor)

RodgerD, I don't agree with you mate, if in 4+ years of driving and the car being used practically every day,it is still drives perfect, in fact it is still quicker and more responsive than mine and mine has the 160 remap and a new MAF. So as Harry says they must both have the shredder fitted and it does exactly what it says on the tin. Thanks.
Regards DaDragon
Old 6th May 2015, 19:07   #26
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
RodgerD, I don't agree with you mate, if in 4+ years of driving and the car being used practically every day,it is still drives perfect, in fact it is still quicker and more responsive than mine and mine has the 160 remap and a new MAF. So as Harry says they must both have the shredder fitted and it does exactly what it says on the tin. Thanks.
Regards DaDragon
Sorry to burst your bubble, but cutting off the intake bellows WILL damage the MAF.

I have seen it countless times, and my new ZT was no exception to this, which is why it now has a replacement air intake and MAF sensor.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2015, 19:16   #27
dadragon
Gets stuck in

Marinabrian, And does your ZT have the shredder fitted?
Regards DaDragon . No bubble burst by the way.
Old 6th May 2015, 19:53   #28
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Marinabrian, And does your ZT have the shredder fitted?
No - he'd never fit under the slam panel

ZedTeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2015, 19:57   #29
dadragon
Gets stuck in

Mofo,
Regards DaDragon
Old 6th May 2015, 20:00   #30
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Mofo,
Regards DaDragon
Sorry - couldn't resist - I knew what you meant really