Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 30th July 2013, 22:35   #1001
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Its unusual but i have seen it before , as said please contact Simon whose customer service is excellent

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2013, 22:39   #1002
milosnikolic
Loves to post

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor View Post
Its unusual but i have seen it before , as said please contact Simon whose customer service is excellent
Cheers for all the answers, I sent email to Simon and waiting for reply.

I will keep you posted...
milosnikolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2013, 20:00   #1003
milosnikolic
Loves to post

Rover 75

here is the reply from Simon:

Sorry to see you have a problem. I do not offer any warranty but will usually replace faulty or damaged goods within one year of purchase. You ordered the goods in January 2011 and I cannot offer extended warranty for two and a half years, during which time I have no idea what conditions the parts are subjected to, so therefore I cannot offer free of charge replacement parts. For example it is impossible for the glue to come through the chrome, it is more likely that the resin is discolouring due to something in the air.
If you let me know which parts you need I can offer you a 10% discount off the price.

Last edited by milosnikolic; 7th August 2013 at 20:05..
Old 7th August 2013, 20:05   #1004
milosnikolic
Loves to post

Rover 75

here is my reply to him:

Thank you for quick reply, but it's not what I expected since it's happening with ALL parts you sent me and it's obviously a bad batch or bad production quality. I am not a smoker and smoking is not allowed in the car at all, so I don't know what from the air could cause discoloring of the chrome.
If you are not willing to send me replacement parts, I am not interested in any other offers. Money is not an issue, it's just the way I like to do business and build relationship with my clients.

bottom line - No reply from Simon after this, I took of ALL parts as they started to peel of and will not be putting anything back again and 100+ pounds not well spent

Last edited by milosnikolic; 7th August 2013 at 20:07..
Old 7th August 2013, 20:41   #1005
phenonix
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2001 Club Sedan V6 2.5

One or two of mine peeled like that also but it was during 42 degrees heatwave, i never did anything about it as i wouldn't expect anything to survive that sort of heat.
phenonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2013, 12:45   #1006
Forestgreen
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5 V6 saloon

My front passenger door covering delaminated like that, once I'd peeled off the various layers the glue just rolled off. Simon sent me a replacement at no cost as it was only a few months since I bought it.

In the heatwave last week the surround of my rear airvent (between the front seats) came off and I had to bin it. I think in general the thinner strips are less robust than the thicker ones.
Forestgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2013, 22:23   #1007
milosnikolic
Loves to post

Rover 75

I don't mind paying premium price, but then I expect premium quality product....and this is NOT one

I apologize if I sound too harsh in making my judgments, but to make things clear Simon should declare his warranty period and conditions, i.e.:

- warranty valid for 3 months after sale
- not to be exposed to sun, air,...
- temperature in the car must not exceed 30C...
Old 8th August 2013, 22:26   #1008
milosnikolic
Loves to post

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forestgreen View Post
My front passenger door covering delaminated like that, once I'd peeled off the various layers the glue just rolled off. Simon sent me a replacement at no cost as it was only a few months since I bought it.

In the heatwave last week the surround of my rear airvent (between the front seats) came off and I had to bin it. I think in general the thinner strips are less robust than the thicker ones.
and now I'm feeling even more frustrated because it's obvious that others have/had problems too, and somehow I've got the feeling I'm the only one who hasn't got the replacement
Old 9th August 2013, 19:30   #1009
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Hi Milos,

What has happened to your products is unfortunate but Simon has in my opinion been fair in that whatever product you bought from anywhere else you are unlikely to get a free replacement once the 12 months warranty has expired, and there are many members on here who have and do receive fabulous service from Simon and are more than happy with his products.

Can i suggest that if you still have the parts taken off you send them to Simon so he can cast his expert eye on them and try and establish what has happened

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2013, 06:54   #1010
MalteseMarc
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI connoisseur SE auto, 2004

Hi,

I will hopefully be getting one of Sean's new android units soon, and as so will be covering it to match up the rest of the interior, just one question though, does No. 27 on the schematic still fit the latest unit

Kind regards,

Marc