Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th December 2022, 20:43   #14001
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

Hi Dave, I ordered another from dmgrs which arrived yesterday, if its not too cold I'll swap it on the weekend.
The flap motors are working ok thanks Dave.
I think whats happened is the fact the car has stood still for 4 years and any crud in the matrix has gotten loose and blocked it, I suppose I should have checked that the heater worked properly back in the summer.

I hope you both are doing well mate, we'll have to give you a call shortly.
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2022, 23:35   #14002
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Today I replaced the broken plastic bracket on the right rear window of my ZT-T. It turned out to be pretty straightforward. The old bracket had broken in half resulting in a window that was permanently in the down position.
I bought a pair of repair kits off a German seller on E-bay. The price was so good that I figured I may as well. They included a set of door panel clips and a panel removal tool which were worth the price of admission by themselves. The parts arrived here in Western Canada just a week after ordering.
The only challenge installing the bracket was to reposition the cables with the unit out of the car. Luckily I had a 12v fire alarm battery handy and that solved the problem. The mechanism got a good lubing and while I was in there I sprayed some rustproofing in the bottom of the door.
All in all very successful!
Old 8th December 2022, 09:35   #14003
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich in Vancouver View Post
Today I replaced the broken plastic bracket on the right rear window of my ZT-T. It turned out to be pretty straightforward. The old bracket had broken in half resulting in a window that was permanently in the down position.
I bought a pair of repair kits off a German seller on E-bay. The price was so good that I figured I may as well. They included a set of door panel clips and a panel removal tool which were worth the price of admission by themselves. The parts arrived here in Western Canada just a week after ordering.
The only challenge installing the bracket was to reposition the cables with the unit out of the car. Luckily I had a 12v fire alarm battery handy and that solved the problem. The mechanism got a good lubing and while I was in there I sprayed some rustproofing in the bottom of the door.
All in all very successful!
Hi Rich.
Sounds like a nice bit of work carried out, nice to hear it solved the problem for you, did you take any photos for us

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2022, 15:46   #14004
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Rich.
Sounds like a nice bit of work carried out, nice to hear it solved the problem for you, did you take any photos for us
LOL! Pictures seem to be my weakness. I took a couple for reference so that I knew where the cables went but when I got going taking any more slipped my mind.
I'll have to get in the "Arctic" mindset when I do these jobs and document them properly.
One thing that impressed me was how easy it was to get the mechanism out and back in. It really is well designed. (In spite of the plastic clip that self-destructs!) The clip was a tight fit and needed a bit of filing on the window bracket for clearance but it clipped in place neatly.
I am also impressed by the felt and foam door seal. It's no longer just a sheet of plastic glued to the door!
Old 9th December 2022, 20:23   #14005
Nigel Dawson

Rover 75

Smile A new purchase

Drove my just purchased 2003 Rover Connoisseur SE V6 Estate from Birkenhead to Beccles, Suffolk . I am so pleased at this almost immaculate and low mileage example that is definitely a keeper. Pictures to follow.
Sold my MG ZTT some few years ago, and bitterly regretted it, but on balance, for me the Rover is now the way to go 👍😀😀
Old 12th December 2022, 13:09   #14006
Andy_with_a_screwdriver
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Nothing so far today, but last Thursday i finally got round to putting the winter tyres back on just before the cold spell hit.
Mrs Andy has so far negotiated some pretty frosty and black ice conditions to get to work safely.
For good measure after a puncture on Monday, I got some new Avon AS7 all seasons for the van. Give pretty good grip on a frozen carpark where I had to tread carefully.
Andy_with_a_screwdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2022, 20:49   #14007
Ched

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

Had a new pair of Goodyear eagle asymetric 5's fitted to the rear wheels then gave both zt's a snow foam wash.
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2022, 14:36   #14008
JefferiesFarnol
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

I retrofitted the auto dimming mirror today. I was able to buy a partial loom from Macafee2 but it had everything I needed for the mirror. Thankfully all the wiring including the reversing light was wired to the other end of the multiplug so all I had to do was take out the wires from the new loom and slide them into the existing multiplug and hey presto! I did have to splice the earth as that was already in use of course but otherwise it was very plug and play.

I read beforehand that some people had to thread a wire all the way through the headlining for the reversing light switch so I don't know if I got lucky with that wiring being in place already but I'm not complaining!
JefferiesFarnol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2022, 16:55   #14009
Bogbrush82

BMW X3 2.0D

Do I get to use this thread again now that I have an M47 engine?

Got the X3 fully serviced by Eurofit, along with 4 bulbs and a health check. £228 all in.

Nothing major on the health check, just low brake pads on the front and a recommended replacement of the brake fluid. I'll get them done when I next get paid.
Old 22nd December 2022, 22:49   #14010
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Why don’t you ask Steve (Arctic) to do the brake fluid? Only round the corner for you.