Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th March 2023, 20:32   #1
paulbn61
Avid contributor

RoverRover 75 cdti Tourer 2003, Rover 75 cdti 2006.

Default Under threat

As I mentioned in another post, I just bought a facelift 2006 75 cdt, to be my spring car ntil I get my old faithful T reg cdti gradually, bit by bit as finances permit, sorting the final jobs, including body cosmetics done ready for late summer.
WE live on a moderate sized estate, the cars are parked in a private community car park and till now no-one said anything about my and wifeys 75's, along with my part-time taxi for special needs kiddies.
Now, however, with another 75 suddenly appearing, it did not take the nosies long to twig the new car belonged to use!
We have had un-official complaints and warnings from our landlord's (who owns the estate) minions that if the cars all stay there THERE WILL BE TROUBLE quote.
I can hold off for a while, though wifey is not best pleased. IF one has to go (a BIG IF) it will have tio be the old girl, despite the 2k+ she cost me over the last 2 years (as in other posts)
SO, although just at present, this is not a for sale post, if worst comes to worst I would like to know what any members might be prepared to pay for a 1999 Mk1. as I would want her to be kept on the road.

Here are some details of work carried out

New clutch, slave and master
New front springs, shocks and drop links and rubbers
New rear shockers drop links and rubbers
New under bonnet fuel pump
New radiator
New Alternator
Replacement engine (believed around 100k)
New rear exhaust

As required - front lower rrear wishbone bush, Wheel bearings , brake pads Maf sensor, fuel filter. Coolant elbow

Both sills heavily patch welded for MoT also rear suspension arm been plated.

Body and interior pretty good for age, though o/s rear wheel arch bubblling through, (which was one job on my list

Thoughts???
Old 6th March 2023, 22:42   #2
Nantwich 75
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

I assume that you live in a property that is Leasehold and the parking spaces are limited? If so ask a friendly fellow resident who does not own a car if you can use their parking space. By
Nantwich 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2023, 22:54   #3
MyReallyNiceCar

75-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantwich 75 View Post
I assume that you live in a property that is Leasehold and the parking spaces are limited? If so ask a friendly fellow resident who does not own a car if you can use their parking space. By

Wisdom.!
MyReallyNiceCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2023, 09:34   #4
paulbn61
Avid contributor

Thanks. I tried that, unfortunately we have 3 service car parks around us, and theyre all choc a block! Plus the old jealousy rears its head (You've got all thoe cars we,ve only got oe) Even though their cars are hellishly more expensive anyway!!

Just have to try for a lock up that won't break the bank!!!
Old 12th March 2023, 10:35   #5
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Is there anything in the Landlords contract that says you can't have 2 cars? If not then he doesn't have a leg to stand on and he's just trying to bully you.
Old 12th March 2023, 16:22   #6
Costa Fortuna
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbn61 View Post
Thanks. I tried that, unfortunately we have 3 service car parks around us, and theyre all choc a block! Plus the old jealousy rears its head (You've got all thoe cars we,ve only got oe) Even though their cars are hellishly more expensive anyway!!

Just have to try for a lock up that won't break the bank!!!
Go to your local council - I know it's only my experience with my lot but they do rent out lock ups and they are sensible money.

The last one I rented was about £28 a month. you do not have to be an existing tenant. I've had about half a dozen (not all at once obvs) over the years.

It's worth a call but it might be not local to you but in the same municipality if you know what I mean.
Costa Fortuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2023, 08:28   #7
paulbn61
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogbrush82 View Post
Is there anything in the Landlords contract that says you can't have 2 cars? If not then he doesn't have a leg to stand on and he's just trying to bully you.

Unfortunately, as its a social housing estate we don't actually have officially allocated spaces, but although the landlords are usually pretty lenient, they do have the authority to limit idividual households, and to be fair cant really blame them. Ther's my old car, wifeys car, company school taxi and now new Rover, so being fair I can unerstand the situation as most folks actually have at least one car or two.
Old 15th March 2023, 08:31   #8
paulbn61
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costa Fortuna View Post
Go to your local council - I know it's only my experience with my lot but they do rent out lock ups and they are sensible money.

The last one I rented was about £28 a month. you do not have to be an existing tenant. I've had about half a dozen (not all at once obvs) over the years.

It's worth a call but it might be not local to you but in the same municipality if you know what I mean.

I've been considering that but unfortunately we live in a borderline area of three councils, and the one we are in is mainly rural, even though we are in the town area! So their garages, which are about what you quote, are several milea away and i limited supply. The nearest local council will rent a garage, but at nearly twice the price !!!

AS Fagin sang in "Oliver!" I think I'll have ti think it out again !!
Old 16th March 2023, 22:55   #9
CDT Player
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Do you own the taxi? if you don't is there a way you can park it at the depot/base and drive your car there to fetch it for runs? Alternatively if it's used exclusively on schools contracts is there anywhere at the school it could be parked as I know some schools allow contractors to park school buses on layover in the school grounds.
CDT Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2023, 19:12   #10
paulbn61
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDT Player View Post
Do you own the taxi? if you don't is there a way you can park it at the depot/base and drive your car there to fetch it for runs? Alternatively if it's used exclusively on schools contracts is there anywhere at the school it could be parked as I know some schools allow contractors to park school buses on layover in the school grounds.

Another excellent idea. Unfortunately, the taxi depot is 45 miles away, and I don't have a regular school.

So you see why I'm struggling.