Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st December 2021, 16:51   #1
Rickshaw
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer, 2 X75 Saloon , MGTF Sunstorm

Default closest to Guildford

One of my diesels has been SORN'd for past 18mnths and I really want it back up and running. Problem is in the gears/clutch area - very hard to get into gera , even forcing it. Had a new clutch not many miles ago. What I
want is a garage with sound knowledge of our cars to both diagnose and then fix the problem. If pushed , I will somehow get it to a place where members of the club know there IS the expertise. Can anyone point me to any in the South East - or beyond if necessary. This is an excellent vehicle and I am not going to have it scrapped. Does Mickboy cover my sort of problem ? Think there was some expertise in the Portsmouth area too - ring any bells ?
Thanks to anyone for help.
All the best
Rickshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2021, 16:58   #2
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Member Shiner is in Reading I believe so not far from you. Not sure if he still does work for members. You could try a pm.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2021, 18:01   #3
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Pete Wayte of Car Serve has his workshop in Chobham ( https://www.car-serve.co.uk/ ) Pete is MG Rover trained and knows "our" cars very well, so is well worth a call If Shiner can't help.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2021, 18:03   #4
Zircon
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickshaw View Post
One of my diesels has been SORN'd for past 18mnths and I really want it back up and running. Problem is in the gears/clutch area - very hard to get into gera , even forcing it. Had a new clutch not many miles ago. What I
want is a garage with sound knowledge of our cars to both diagnose and then fix the problem. If pushed , I will somehow get it to a place where members of the club know there IS the expertise. Can anyone point me to any in the South East - or beyond if necessary. This is an excellent vehicle and I am not going to have it scrapped. Does Mickboy cover my sort of problem ? Think there was some expertise in the Portsmouth area too - ring any bells ?
Thanks to anyone for help.
All the best
By coincidence, I am in the same part of the world as you!
If you can get your car to Terry Shaw of TS Autos in South Shropshire, he saved my car from its major electrical failure recently. My other suggestion is Russell of MG Rover Solutions - he is based in Kent but operates a mobile service.

All the best,

Nicholas/Zircon
Zircon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2021, 18:10   #5
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
Member Shiner is in Reading I believe so not far from you. Not sure if he still does work for members. You could try a pm.

Shiner sure does work on members cars.
Old 21st December 2021, 19:09   #6
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

I don't have the facilities to replace clutches this time of year as I work out on the drive, but I'm happy to have a look and see what the problem is.

If it is something easy I'll even have a go at fixing it.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote