Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st December 2021, 23:14   #11
Shonkie
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
The evidence was on here with posted results and pictures of the rolling road printouts but due to photobuckets greed the photos showing the results were permanently lost along with a lot of other unrelated information on other matters.

These were independent results done by owners not ourselves. As those owners have moved on and are no longer active members it hasn't been possible to get them to resubmit them.

Ask on here if the 160 map works or search the many threads about it. We've never actively advertised or promoted the map it's all been done by people who have had it done.

There's lots of "expert" advice, from experience a lot of it is far from it or comes through people trying to promote their own or friends products.

Russ
Russ I clicked on the link you posted and it doesn't go anywhere. Not sure why, gives me an error.
Shonkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2021, 01:51   #12
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonkie View Post
Russ I clicked on the link you posted and it doesn't go anywhere. Not sure why, gives me an error.
The link in my signature is for the key prices, unfortunately it seems to have been deleted for some reason. Will have to sort it out.

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.
BigRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2021, 19:17   #13
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonkie View Post
A friend who knows these cars, No T4 No 160. No evidence a 160 map hits 160 on a rolling road even when set correctly. Bear in mind I asked the question to him after posting here.
I agree .

Also they turn down free dyno runs to prove their number. The only dyno printout that they have is an excel spreadsheet with numbers entered into it. You'll be spot on with a Reidy map . The "160" map will give you a little increase in torque, won't achieve anywhere near the 160bhp number, you can't even hit that with a stock turbo. The Reidy map will give you a dramatic increase in torque and you'll be around the 150bhp mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
There's lots of "expert" advice, from experience a lot of it is far from it or comes through people trying to promote their own or friends products.
Also true about others on here.
Jamiewelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2021, 19:57   #14
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiewelch View Post
I agree .

Also they turn down free dyno runs to prove their number. The only dyno printout that they have is an excel spreadsheet with numbers entered into it. You'll be spot on with a Reidy map . The "160" map will give you a little increase in torque, won't achieve anywhere near the 160bhp number, you can't even hit that with a stock turbo. The Reidy map will give you a dramatic increase in torque and you'll be around the 150bhp mark.

I have a CDT and use it to tow a 5 birth caravan. It was a dog, I seem to recall the slightest incline and it would struggle and 4th gear was needed. I even seem to think that on the flat it was not much better and I'd be flitting between 4th and 5th. With a remap from a forum trader it is totally transformed, it will climb hills very well with the cravan in tow, doing 60 (speed is checked by dash cam) is not an issue with the caravan in tow. Not saying it will climb every hill at 60 and I dont attempt to climb every hill at 60. Solo, well lets be honest, even with a remap it still aint gonna win any races but again it is so much better with a much better acceleration. Much easier to drive.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2021, 20:04   #15
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I have a CDT and use it to tow a 5 birth caravan. It was a dog, I seem to recall the slightest incline and it would struggle and 4th gear was needed. I even seem to think that on the flat it was not much better and I'd be flitting between 4th and 5th. With a remap from a forum trader it is totally transformed, it will climb hills very well with the cravan in tow, doing 60 (speed is checked by dash cam) is not an issue with the caravan in tow. Not saying it will climb every hill at 60 and I dont attempt to climb every hill at 60. Solo, well lets be honest, even with a remap it still aint gonna win any races but again it is so much better with a much better acceleration. Much easier to drive.

macafee2
I didn't say it wouldn't be. Just their number isn't reachable so it is a myth. Imagine how well 320lb/ft of torque would pull a caravan

Dyno printout of a none "160" map below. Producing good power and lots of torque. Unfortuantely it is a proper dyno run with printout

I'll put it the simplest way. If the map is already injecting the maximum amount of fuel before it starts smoking, how can fitting a synergy box produce more power? It injects more fuel, it can't magically create more boost. So the map isn't injecting the maximum fuel before you get smoke. it is injecting significantly less. You start getting smoke when you start pushing more than 150bhp because there isn't enough boost.

No dyno printout = no proof

Last edited by Jamiewelch; 22nd December 2021 at 20:11..
Old 22nd December 2021, 20:13   #16
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
I agree .

I hope you will not mind me saying this, but it feels like you have some axe to grind. If you are associated with Reidy Maps, you should declare this up front. If not, how is it that you have so much in-depth knowledge of the 160 remap and the Reidy offering?

It also feels like you may have dyno run outputs for both the remaps. If so, why not post them up?

I have no interest in a remap of any sort but I am intrigued by the strength of your input, especially as it is contrary to the reports from owners of cars with 160 remaps.

MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2021, 20:19   #17
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
I hope you will not mind me saying this, but it feels like you have some axe to grind. If you are associated with Reidy Maps, you should declare this up front. If not, how is it that you have so much in-depth knowledge of the 160 remap and the Reidy offering?

It also feels like you may have dyno run outputs for both the remaps. If so, why not post them up?

I have no interest in a remap of any sort but I am curious at the strength of your input.

I have no association, just experience with his maps. I've also seen cars that have had "160" maps, and then mapped by Reidy on the same dyno on the same day, the difference is shocking.

It is not down to me to run their map on a dyno and produce the results. If it is their product that they are selling that is down to them to produce valid proof. Not an excel spreadsheet or a Youtube video of people sitting on the front of a car to stop it flying off the dyno. The spreadsheet they have also says a diesel acheieved over 170bhp on the stock turbo, which is just not possible.

Lies are being told about the product. No proof, and whenever asked for proof it has gone missing. I have offered dyno runs for them to prove the number and they always get refused. That says to me they are hiding something.

As I've probably said a few times, if anyone want's a free dyno run of a "160" mapped car, let me know as long as we can post the prinout.

As far as most people are concerned, they believe what they are told, I bet not even 1% think of having a dyno run to check.
Old 22nd December 2021, 20:20   #18
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

That graph shows the torque doubling at around 2,500 rpm.--

From 150 to 300.-------
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2021, 20:24   #19
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post

From 150 to 300.-------
Yeah, that is a top end remap and what you can expect, these engines can produce serious low down torque, this is helped by the tiny turbo you can pretty much see how the boost is produced, more boost and the torque increases, boost peaks at around 2400 then it starts to tail off.
Old 22nd December 2021, 21:07   #20
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post

From 150 to 300.-------

Quote:
Yeah, that is a top end remap and what you can expect, these engines can produce serious low down torque, this is helped by the tiny turbo you can pretty much see how the boost is produced, more boost and the torque increases, boost peaks at around 2400 then it starts to tail off.
Sorry chaps but this is complete rubbish!

One line is power and the other torque!

A standard 131bhp M47R produces 221lbft of torque at 1900RPM. The graph of this remap shows 250lbft at the same RPM. This is an increase of about 13%, not doubling. If this is for a high-end remap, would it be reasonable to assume that an ordinary remap from the same source would produce a 5% to 7% increase?

Things are not appearing as rosy as perhaps is being suggested?

I suspect the 160 remap is not that dissimilar to the one shown here up to around 2200RPM i.e. the rev range for normal most driving.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote