Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd December 2021, 20:46   #81
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsafly View Post
At the moment the main problem mankind faces is the virus, although I suppose if enough of us succumb to it that would benefit the planet with reduced use of resources and less emissions.
Remember we need to change to limit the spread of the virus, or there may be no grandchildren to worry about, regardless of the state of the environment.

Not really. Mankind has solutions to protecti the majority of humans from the virus - either through natural immunity or artificially induced immunity. There is no such natural or technological solution to climate impacts, other than changing our behaviours so that future inhabitants of the planet can survive.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2021, 20:57   #82
bsafly
Just going about!

Rover 75 CDTi Connie SE Tourer starlight silver and serpents. MG ZT-T 190+ in Raven Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
Not really. Mankind has solutions to protecti the majority of humans from the virus
Maybe in your world, unfortunately not in mine.
bsafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2021, 23:12   #83
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
I wonder how long it will be before we see newspaper reports of EV drivers in minor collisions being electrocuted by their cars ??

Will the AA and RAC drivers need to be paid danger money ??

Sneaky stuff electricity as you can't see it.--You can see and smell a petrol leak.
You can not see it, but you really can feel it.I have had a shock from having 240 volts go through my body when I stood on a cast iron central heating pipe when I was around 12/13, after touching the brass light switch. I was thrown around 10/12 feet by the shock. As I said, you really can feel it.Taught me to respect electricity I can tell you.
Old 22nd December 2021, 23:27   #84
bl52krz
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
That's the rub! they know full well they're not going to be affordable for the masses, They're going to be spending £billions on public transport & active travel infrastructure over the coming years, they want people out of private cars & onto trains, buses, trams & bicycles.
The new VED 'road pricing' plan is going to be made up of three different categories, Weight of vehicle, emissions & time of use to curtail congestion, Does this mean they're going to retrofit all cars with GPS black box to know when & where you've driven to bill you annually? “It should be based on a simple distance-driven model that considers vehicle weight, emissions and use case with discounts given to shared mobility solutions – such as car clubs, rental cars, buses and taxis – to incentive more sustainable travel choices.”
https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/lat...o-drive-change

The latest from the COP 26 is they want all ICE cars to travel 30% less/annum to reduce emissions https://airqualitynews.com/2021/12/0...ions-on-track/ & a government transport minister wants an end to car ownership culture & join a car sharing club. https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/env...-car-ownership
I would imagine that there will be trouble at the mill if people are made to travel by anything other than the way they wish to.Also, what a bind traveling by omnibus all the while with its unfriendly options. Although, give the young a few statues to pull down, or a knifing station, and some of them will be ok. Sorry if the last comments upset someone, but read the papers, or watch the media to see what I mean.
Old 22nd December 2021, 23:32   #85
bl52krz
This is my second home

Has anyone noticed the cost of electric shooting up in price? In Europe it has gone up 600% this year. It’s all an expensive joke .
Old 25th December 2021, 15:09   #86
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Oh, by the way, this is only the begining!!
Once we have all been railroaded into having everything electrical we will be held to ransom by either somone high hacking the power grid or having to pay whatever the service provider says or the wind or solar stops working ,you wont be able to move anything.
All your eggs in one basket, good luck with that!!
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2021, 09:26   #87
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
I would imagine that there will be trouble at the mill if people are made to travel by anything other than the way they wish to.Also, what a bind traveling by omnibus all the while with its unfriendly options. Although, give the young a few statues to pull down, or a knifing station, and some of them will be ok. Sorry if the last comments upset someone, but read the papers, or watch the media to see what I mean.

Yes agreed it's going to upset a lot of people. I was reading Carbon Briefs Q&A with the governments 'Net -Zero' policy chaps a few weeks ago & it's an eye opener.

As this net-zero stretches out to 2050 I was surprised at some of these timelines being within the decade. These three paragraphs jumped out at me

"The plan explicitly states that “we want less motor traffic in urban areas” and says the aim is for 50% of all trips in towns and cities to be on foot or by bike by 2030."

"Even if all combustion engine car sales end, various modelling exercises have demonstrated that car traffic will need to drop 2-4% each year over the next decade to align with net-zero."

"However, it does note that in the future “additional targeted action” – such as “steps to reduce use of the most polluting cars and tackle urban congestion” – may be required to meet climate targets. Another transport decarbonisation plan in five years’ time will assess progress." https://www.carbonbrief.org/in-depth...-for-transport

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2021, 13:04   #88
bl52krz
This is my second home

Quote:
Yes agreed it's going to upset a lot of people. I was reading Carbon Briefs Q&A with the governments 'Net -Zero' policy chaps a few weeks ago & it's an eye opener.

As this net-zero stretches out to 2050 I was surprised at some of these timelines being within the decade. These three paragraphs jumped out at me

"The plan explicitly states that “we want less motor traffic in urban areas” and says the aim is for 50% of all trips in towns and cities to be on foot or by bike by 2030."

"Even if all combustion engine car sales end, various modelling exercises have demonstrated that car traffic will need to drop 2-4% each year over the next decade to align with net-zero."

"However, it does note that in the future “additional targeted action” – such as “steps to reduce use of the most polluting cars and tackle urban congestion” – may be required to meet climate targets. Another transport decarbonisation plan in five years’ time will assess progress." https://www.carbonbrief.org/in-depth...-for-transport
So it appears that only the rich and business people will be allowed the right to a motor vehicle in the not to distant future. I can see trouble ahead, can you. They need to get rid of all the corrupt info on this global warming rubbish attributed to us mere mortals before they go to far.

Last edited by bl52krz; 27th December 2021 at 13:07..
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2021, 13:30   #89
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
So it appears that only the rich and business people will be allowed the right to a motor vehicle in the not to distant future. .............

This is exactly what is needed, so thank you for finally recognising the obvious. It is not the richest few percent that are responsible for our pollution problems. It is the ordinary 95%+ of citizens - we peasants as I call ourselves - and the richest few percent.

Of course, there may be many other reasons for hating the top few percent of the richest people, but pollution is probably not that reason.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2021, 16:47   #90
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
That's one way to reduce the population, cycle into town and get mown down by the electric car you didn't hear coming.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote