Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st December 2021, 07:21   #171
LucyJaneStearman

MG ZTT

I just wanna say a huge Thankyou to those of you who came yesterday toMums funeral and those who watched! You guys really helped us give her the best send off and just as she deserved!

You guys are amazing! Honestly I can’t thank everyone enough for letting her be part of your lives and travelling this far to say goodbye with us!

I hope she was proud of it all and it’s damn hard without her.💔
LucyJaneStearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2021, 10:30   #172
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

What a brilliant accolade for Debz, she was what the club represented, a loved person by all of us, when we met there was always a big hug.
We are missing you already, a lovely turnout could have been a mini rover meet and it was lovely too catch up with old friends.

Rev.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2021, 12:08   #173
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Thank you Andy for the link which enabled us to watch from Kenya. I remember how you and Deb liked to travel and your friends in Greece, Turkey, beyond and closer to home will appreciate seeing the funeral yesterday, everyone who could not make it, we reach out to you, do take care.

Phil
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2021, 15:48   #174
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts
Default Bluebird RIP

I just want to say thank you to everyone for giving Deb the best send off, when I turned the corner into Debs Mums street and saw all the cars lined up, it brought tears to my eyes.

We then set off for the short trip to the church, when we arrived we were greeted by more cars and club members, and loads of friends from in and around the town.

Deb was then carried inside by her Brothers and Nephew, and by three people that I class as my family, marinabrian, ricardo65 and lordy.

The church bells rang as Deb was carried inside, we sang her two favourite hymns (morning has broken & all things bright and beautiful) beautiful words were spoken from two of Debs daughters and Debs Sister.

Once the church service was completed, it was time for the journey to the crematorium in Scunthorpe, halfway there I looked in the passenger mirror to see the Humber bridge, then looking in the drivers mirror to see the convoy of 75s and Mg’s following, again more tears flowed.

We then drove down the hill into Scunthorpe and that particular piece of road was where Deb was born in the back of an ambulance! Yes.. more tears.

As we were sitting a set of traffic lights, I could hear the familiar sound of a rattling crank pulley! you guessed it she had to have the last laugh didn’t she.

We arrived at the crematorium where yet more friends and family had gathered.

You will have all viewed the service so I won’t say anything about that apart from a huge thanks to Dave for his eulogy, it was hard holding the tears back once I heard his words.

The final blessings were given and we left to go outside to view the flowers, thank you to Mr Stocktake for organising the beautiful tribute from the members here.

I must apologise for not managing to speak to all of you on the day, but once again, thank you from the bottom of my heart, you all turning up to pay your respects for all over the land means the world to me, she would be so proud.

And thank you to all for tuning on in the live stream as well, we then headed to the wake where we all had more chats, drunk lots of Guinness (thank you all for plying me with this) I drank far too many jagerbombs (My tattooist Jim was to blame for that)

Lots more tears, lots of laughter with mates, and then we headed to Debs local (The red lion) To raise even more glasses to her.

I could not have made it through the day without your support and the support of Graham, my friend of 30 years from Washington.

I have donated the collection form the day to Macmillan, as this is what Deb wanted. Thank you all for your generosity.

If any of you want to post any pictures of the day, please feel free to add them to this thread.

My glass will once again be raised at midnight tonight to absent friends as it always is on New Year’s Eve, this time there is one more friend up there to watch down on us all.

God bless you my little girl from the banks of the Humber, none of us will ever forget you.

Old 31st December 2021, 16:06   #175
actros
Subscribed Member

20lt 75conny se Damson red

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
I just want to say thank you to everyone for giving Deb the best send off, when I turned the corner into Debs Mums street and saw all the cars lined up, it brought tears to my eyes.

We then set off for the short trip to the church, when we arrived we were greeted by more cars and club members, and loads of friends from in and around the town.

Deb was then carried inside by her Brothers and Nephew, and by three people that I class as my family, marinabrian, ricardo65 and lordy.

The church bells rang as Deb was carried inside, we sang her two favourite hymns (morning has broken & all things bright and beautiful) beautiful words were spoken from two of Debs daughters and Debs Sister.

Once the church service was completed, it was time for the journey to the crematorium in Scunthorpe, halfway there I looked in the passenger mirror to see the Humber bridge, then looking in the drivers mirror to see the convoy of 75s and Mg’s following, again more tears flowed.

We then drove down the hill into Scunthorpe and that particular piece of road was where Deb was born in the back of an ambulance! Yes.. more tears.

As we were sitting a set of traffic lights, I could hear the familiar sound of a rattling crank pulley! you guessed it she had to have the last laugh didn’t she.

We arrived at the crematorium where yet more friends and family had gathered.

You will have all viewed the service so I won’t say anything about that apart from a huge thanks to Dave for his eulogy, it was hard holding the tears back once I heard his words.

The final blessings were given and we left to go outside to view the flowers, thank you to Mr Stocktake for organising the beautiful tribute from the members here.

I must apologise for not managing to speak to all of you on the day, but once again, thank you from the bottom of my heart, you all turning up to pay your respects for all over the land means the world to me, she would be so proud.

And thank you to all for tuning on in the live stream as well, we then headed to the wake where we all had more chats, drunk lots of Guinness (thank you all for plying me with this) I drank far too many jagerbombs (My tattooist Jim was to blame for that)

Lots more tears, lots of laughter with mates, and then we headed to Debs local (The red lion) To raise even more glasses to her.

I could not have made it through the day without your support and the support of Graham, my friend of 30 years from Washington.

I have donated the collection form the day to Macmillan, as this is what Deb wanted. Thank you all for your generosity.

If any of you want to post any pictures of the day, please feel free to add them to this thread.

My glass will once again be raised at midnight tonight to absent friends as it always is on New Year’s Eve, this time there is one more friend up there to watch down on us all.

God bless you my little girl from the banks of the Humber, none of us will ever forget you. Yes mate when i just read this i was welling up you are so brave mate i know what you feeling as i have been through it myself Take care my and look after yourself See you later .

Hi mate when i have just read this i was getting tears mate she was one of the great people i have had the pleasure to have known You take care and look after yourself i know how you are feelin been through it myself . Hope next year will better for all of us
Old 31st December 2021, 19:53   #176
LotusLC
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi Auto / ZT-T Trophy Blue

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,238 Posts

Final journey with the MGR convoy x

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

https://i.imgur.com/Cwa3376m.jpg
LotusLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2022, 12:30   #177
LucyJaneStearman

MG ZTT

All those who attended Mums funeral on Thursday but didn’t get chance to write in her memory book, can you please inbox me what you’d like writing and who it’s from (if there’s a group of you etc) and I’ll be sure to write it in for you!
And those who couldn’t make it/watched, you’re more than welcome to send me your message too and I’ll be sure to write it in there too.
Thankyou again everyone��
LucyJaneStearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2022, 13:50   #178
Framps
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Default So sorry for your loss

Hi Andy,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss, my deepest condolences to you and your family on your sad loss.
Lawrence and Bev
Framps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2022, 21:15   #179
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Just logged in for the first time in over a year.

So sorry to hear the sad passing of Bluebird.

Stay strong Andy and hang on to all those wonderful memories.

Jim
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2022, 08:51   #180
c-j2
Regular poster

MG ZT-T Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusLC View Post
Final journey with the MGR convoy x

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Sorry for your loss Trikey - we've only ever spoken through postings and PMs, such as shame when tragedy strikes, especially to good folk.

Looks like a lovely send off though - nice photo too (Dragonby Hill perhaps?)
c-j2 is offline   Reply With Quote