Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th August 2018, 13:16   #1
AndyJ180
Regular poster

MGZT-T

Default Power steering failure

My ZTT180 has just lost power to the steering. The pump was replaced two years/3000 miles ago and has given no problems since. The fluid in the reservoir is at the correct level and there is no sign of a leak. After being stood for a few weeks whilst I was on holiday I started her up today to find their ws no power to the steering. Any thoughts? Cheers
AndyJ180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2018, 13:55   #2
AndyJ180
Regular poster

MGZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJ180 View Post
My ZTT180 has just lost power to the steering. The pump was replaced two years/3000 miles ago and has given no problems since. The fluid in the reservoir is at the correct level and there is no sign of a leak. After being stood for a few weeks whilst I was on holiday I started her up today to find their ws no power to the steering. Any thoughts? Cheers

Of course it's possible the problem is in my head. Had a little Citroen on hire for two weeks with feather-light steering, but it still feels heavier than it should.
AndyJ180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2018, 15:19   #3
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

I had that feeling heavier than it should after getting new belt fitted, and after having a panda (with city mode) on hire. But after a day or two the feeling comes back 'to normal'.

If there was no power steering, trust me, you would feel the difference even at speed. Last year one of my pas pipes sprung a leak, at a rate of 500ml in 20 seconds! I learned to drive in non assisted steering cars and our cars without pas is completely different. (They're designed with pas in mind or not, when it comes to the geometry). Self centring didn't happen when I lost the fluid as an example

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote