Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd March 2019, 12:47   #151
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

My Typhoon has everything except DVD.
Not including standard plus spec on ZT, mine comes to £31,135.
I always thought it must’ve been a very special order vehicle, the original buyer literally ticked every box on the options list. Only thing missing is DVD player and the drivers seat memory function.
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2019, 13:07   #152
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

The primertallic one would have cost just shy of 28000 new, I'm glad I didn't buy it new and have it be worthless four months later following the demise of MGR, when you couldn't give them away.

I recall looking at a brand new ZT=T 260 at Reg Vardy in the autumn of 2005, and with a full options pack, less than 200 miles on the clock.........it was priced at twelve grand

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2019, 14:10   #153
kelvo
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190 SE

My 190SE would be just a nat's under £26k when new, it didn't originally have the SE pack but now has HK, memory seats, rear blind and powerfolds but I don't know how much more this pack would have been on top.

I reckon it's probably now the equivalent of a £30k+ spec car when it was new.
kelvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2019, 16:32   #154
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
The primertallic one would have cost just shy of 28000 new, I'm glad I didn't buy it new and have it be worthless four months later following the demise of MGR, when you couldn't give them away.

I recall looking at a brand new ZT=T 260 at Reg Vardy in the autumn of 2005, and with a full options pack, less than 200 miles on the clock.........it was priced at twelve grand

Brian
The Yellow 75 was built 48 hours before closure but that doesn’t count as the Phoenix Four paid for it at a probable reduced rate, however, the Cimerron 1800 nasp was registered 4 days before closure and thought to be the last 75 sold from our local dealer before MGR ceased trading, we are second owners. £16,812 with the only option of a wooden gear knob. As part of the last car allocations they received a V8 which I think sold for around 15k and is still local I believe...

I’m struggling to remember what is standard trim for the 75 tourer if anybody wants to work out what the original cost would of been?
April 2005
Rover 75 tourer
contemporary SE
Diesel cdti
Auto transmission
Sports suspension
Leather, heated memory sports trim
High line with changer
Premium front bumper
Star spokes
Luggage net
Premium mats
Painted waste trim, shiny sill trim
Painted trophy yellow when it wasn’t an option ( although somebody once said that they would paint the cars any colour you wanted for a fee )
Rapid response modifications to include
Extra blue lights
‘Battenburg’ decals
2 way radio kit

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle

Last edited by sworks; 3rd March 2019 at 17:07..
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2019, 17:06   #155
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

My 54plate ZT V6Auto etc. misses out on T/Control and illuminated sunvizors only. Mind you when I got it there was a "birdsnest" Shannon tube, peeling paint front bumper, a defunct fan control thingy, and a dodgy waterpump. Mind you I forgive all those as it had electric folding mirrors, cruise control and a electric sunblind. I know the important things in life Its a lovely car and a treat to drive. Chris.S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2019, 17:43   #156
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

What you've all saved on your cars in insignificant compared with the potential savings over the same period if you ate just 25% less and turned the heating down to 18 degrees centigrade during the winter!

You'd also be healthier and could afford to spend mpore on the cars.

MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2019, 20:27   #157
marinabrian

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
What you've all saved on your cars in insignificant compared with the potential savings over the same period if you ate just 25% less and turned the heating down to 18 degrees centigrade during the winter!

You'd also be healthier and could afford to spend mpore on the cars.

Yes that's a good idea, eat less, turn the heating down, save money to spend on the car.

Or have the heating set at a level that is comfortable, eat whatever you find pleasurable in moderation and spend what is necessary to keep the car running and in good order.

Or don't heat your house, eat bread and water, and run several cars.........what a grim thought

I've just finished a plate of beef and green pepper in black bean sauce with fried rice, I don't have this often, but as a treat it's fine.

Ok now tell me about the dangers of MSG

Brian
Old 3rd March 2019, 20:31   #158
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:

I've just finished a plate of beef and green pepper in black bean sauce with fried rice, I don't have this often, but as a treat it's fine.

Brian

By not indulging in such excesses for a few months, you could have had a rear curtain in the car, Brian.
Old 3rd March 2019, 20:44   #159
marinabrian

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
By not indulging in such excesses for a few months, you could have had a rear curtain in the car, Brian.
What the one which goes up and down at the press of a button?...........it's got one already.

Come to think of it, I've got a car which has curtains for all windows too

Brian
Old 3rd March 2019, 20:52   #160
MSS
This is my second home

Quote:
What the one which goes up and down at the press of a button?...........it's got one already.

Come to think of it, I've got a car which has curtains for all windows too

Brian

You know, no one really likes a know it all, have it all, smart northerner!