Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 10th July 2019, 07:53   #21
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Sorry about the break in transmission.......................

............................................. extremely tired after another long day.

The sat nav took me up a few side roads before I finally found the “Sprout” parked out side Ian and Jans home. Knocked on the door and Jan opened the door. I was greeted by a huge hug from her, I do like a hug. Think I might start collecting them as well. Anyway the old chap was sitting on his backside guarding “Ermintrude”, the cow hide rug.
We shook hands and then I was bundled out the door as we was going for tea at the HUB Community close by.

(The HUB Community is a local charity set by a ex-solider who came back from Afghanistan with post mental stress. He set the charity up off of his own back but got help from The Royal British Legion with a £20k Grant. They have a very nice clubhouse, a gym is being built, a shed with chairs and books to read and the raised gardens which Ian has helped to build.
Keep an eye out on the Social Section as Ian will post up a few events to help raise money for this worthwhile charity).

So we parked up, I went in with them in the “Sprout”, and into the the HUB where I got to meet the staff and Peter a veteran of the Second World War. Now aged 93, Peter served as a fighter pilot throughout the war.
We had “stolen” tea as none of us paid for it, Ian said later he would settle up the bill on Saturday. We sat and chatted and Ian took me on a guided tour of the compact but well laid out grounds.
Then it was time to go as they close up at 16.30. We was off out to dinner, thus saving Jan any cooking to do.

We went to a very remote, and completely out of the way pub called the fat Badger. Wow! Amazing views over Chesil beach and back towards Portland. We sat out on the veranda and ordered our food. Curry for Ian, Jan had an enormous burger in a bun and I went for the beef lasagna with a huge slice of garlic bread. Very tasty indeed.
It had been a long day for me and I was starting to feel tired, drove a lot of miles once again.

But back to the bungalow for a coffee. Ian and Jan gave me a guided tour of there home, my first ever visit. Ian has really done well inside and out. He approached the council about extending his garden down as far as the path. And the council said ok. So their garden is almost three times the size from the original plot.
Jan made the coffee and I was offered a Italian made cocoa biscuit. Mmmmm!!!! Yummy.
We sat and chatted but the time was creeping on. I still had a two hour drive to get home.
I said my goodbyes, oh! Another hug? Oh! Go on then, be rude not to. I collected my “Poppy” shirts from Ian. We shook hands.
Ian and Jan both said how lovely Banana looked with her new coat of paint.

And we was off, no need for the sat nav as I know my way home. I could go the pretty way up past Abbotsbury of the fast route on the A35. I opted for the fast route.
Once on the A35 at Dorchester we had company in the shape of an Audi A4. We kept up with them and on the occasional dual carriageway we got past. Warp Factor 3 and a bit at times. At one point we almost reached Warp Factor Actros. That surprised the Audi.
Soon onto the A30 where I dropped in behind the Audi, then onto the M5. I pulled out onto the motorway but the Audi remained on the slip road, then the Audi driver waved and gave me the thumbs up. I replied with a flash of lights and a resounding blast on the horn.

Onto the A38 and pulling like the proverbial train we took Haldon Hill by storm, well past Warp Factor 3. And she never missed a beat.
We settled back to 69.9mph all the way home.
Once past Marsh Mills then I knew it was only 20 minutes and I would be home.
Then the most welcoming sight loomed into view, the Tamar bridge. Oh! How I have missed you.
Remembering to turn left and not right at the mini roundabout I was soon home, my home. With Banana parked up in front of Redfive I gave out a sigh. Home, finally home.
Unloaded the car, just dumped everything in the lounge. Poured out a pint of Rattler and sat in the chair.

Made a few phone calls to let people know I was home ok. Spoke to Michael as well. Phoned Val and she said Allen would phone me back as he was out washing one of the cars. Sure enough Allen phoned me back, told me about what has been happening. I thanked him for looking after the house for me.
Had another drink then got myself up to bed. Out like a light till 7am this morning.

Now on the second lot of washing, most of everything is put away. Read the post, then get Redfive ready for us to go and get our shopping.
I’ll post up a few photo’s later on.

Next Trip? Well the next planned tour is up to the NEC in November but you never know we may just take another trip up North.

Many thanks for reading and the kind words. Means a lot to have so many friends who care.

232750. Over 3 months since I drove Banana.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2019, 08:34   #22
slovcan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDT MK2 manual in Glorious Grey

I have to thank you again, Bob. My house here has been battling me since I got here this year with some unplanned items that needed fixing. So, new toilet in and have finally got to the root of the problem, it will be sorted out soon enough. So finally back to the planned work. Last year I did the kitchen - everything but the proverbial kitchen sink. NOW I even have the kitchen sink with hot and cold running water! I am starting to win a few battles.

And you, Bob, are an inspiration. Sorry, I don't mean to call you names, but there we are.

Cheers,
Glenn

Anything can happen in Formula 1 and usually does - Murray Walker

1999 Triumph Trophy 900, Saddlesore 1600, Iron Butt Riders Association #63720

2005 Rover 75 CDT Tourer MK2
slovcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2019, 11:22   #23
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovcan View Post
I have to thank you again, Bob. My house here has been battling me since I got here this year with some unplanned items that needed fixing. So, new toilet in and have finally got to the root of the problem, it will be sorted out soon enough. So finally back to the planned work. Last year I did the kitchen - everything but the proverbial kitchen sink. NOW I even have the kitchen sink with hot and cold running water! I am starting to win a few battles.

And you, Bob, are an inspiration. Sorry, I don't mean to call you names, but there we are.

Cheers,
Glenn
If I lived closer I would come and help you. But all I can offer is words of encouragement. By the way that toilet seat looks a bit wonky, not being picky of course.
Maybe one day our paths will cross.

232750. Over 3 months since I drove Banana.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2019, 11:57   #24
slovcan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDT MK2 manual in Glorious Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
If I lived closer I would come and help you. But all I can offer is words of encouragement. By the way that toilet seat looks a bit wonky, not being picky of course.
Maybe one day our paths will cross.
Words of encouragement gratefully received. The toilet seat - best be sober when I sit down!

Yes, maybe one day we'll be at LHR at the same time.

Cheers,
Glenn

Anything can happen in Formula 1 and usually does - Murray Walker

1999 Triumph Trophy 900, Saddlesore 1600, Iron Butt Riders Association #63720

2005 Rover 75 CDT Tourer MK2
slovcan is offline   Reply With Quote