Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 12th July 2019, 06:48   #147401
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Good morning Jeff, good morning Bob, good morning all

On Wednesday, the plumber came and he had to change the taps as the old ones were clogged up with lime scale, but he had to go out to Screw Fix to get new taps and flex pipes. When he rang up his office to get authorisation, I heard his office say “don’t forget to add on extra for the parts, add on a couple of quid for each”. What is wrong with the country?

Today, the washing machine is to checked for leakage/repairs by a white goods appliance engineer. I wonder if he is going to try and rip me off

But good news. For the past 2 nights I have not had need to take any strong painkillers for the Shingles. The pain is there this morning, but it is little A vaccination for Shingles is available on the NHS and I urge folks to get it done, particularly the age group 70+

Shingles in the eye is a nasty virus, it can lead to permanent blindness and if it gets in the brain, the effects can be devastating or even fatal.

Have a great day, positive thoughts.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2019, 07:00   #147402
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, It's a dismal rainy morning here.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2019, 07:03   #147403
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning Jeff, good morning Bob, good morning all

On Wednesday, the plumber came and he had to change the taps as the old ones were clogged up with lime scale, but he had to go out to Screw Fix to get new taps and flex pipes. When he rang up his office to get authorisation, I heard his office say “don’t forget to add on extra for the parts, add on a couple of quid for each”. What is wrong with the country?

Today, the washing machine is to checked for leakage/repairs by a white goods appliance engineer. I wonder if he is going to try and rip me off

But good news. For the past 2 nights I have not had need to take any strong painkillers for the Shingles. The pain is there this morning, but it is little A vaccination for Shingles is available on the NHS and I urge folks to get it done, particularly the age group 70+

Shingles in the eye is a nasty virus, it can lead to permanent blindness and if it gets in the brain, the effects can be devastating or even fatal.

Have a great day, positive thoughts.
Morning Phil,

Good news that you have had some good nights sleep and without needing the strong pain relief.
Not so good that the plumbers company are happy to rip their customers off.
I hope the appliance engineer is not cut from the same cloth and you get it sorted properly.......and at a fair price!

Keep us posted
Old 12th July 2019, 07:04   #147404
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post

I’m sure the garden will be thankful for the rain Ian
Old 12th July 2019, 07:16   #147405
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
I’m sure the garden will be thankful for the rain Ian

Morning Jeff, yes that's one good thing living here is the grass is always green.

That's a beggar hearing them bumping up the bill Phil My sister had a run in with an emergency plumber last year & he wanted to charge her more than it would cost to buy a new washing machine

She ended up doing just that.

Old 12th July 2019, 10:00   #147406
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Morning all - it's a bit grey today - but still warm and muggy. We never had the threatened thunderstorms yesterday but I wouldn't be surprised if we had a crack or two (of thunder !!) today. I'm off out this morning to top up the larder. As SWMBO hasn't been in any fit condition to prepare meals for the past 10 days, I have exhausted our total supplies of easy to prepare, quick to cook, no culinary skills required, minimum washing up afterwards style foods - I need more

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2019, 15:55   #147407
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Afternoon all, early finish tonight, home for 4.40 today. Need to get some food for tea, then its beer time, just the one though, as driving again tomorrow.
Old 12th July 2019, 16:29   #147408
gnu
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Quote:

Could do with some of that rain here. Hasn't rained for so long the water butts are now dry. Got out this the morning in the sun and painted a few fence panels and gave the ZT a quick clean. Tennis on and just been taking my Hudl 2 apart as it's dead, not even lighting up under charge. The '15 sec press' reset procedure didn't even work this time.
Old 12th July 2019, 18:21   #147409
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnu View Post
Could do with some of that rain here. Hasn't rained for so long the water butts are now dry. Got out this the morning in the sun and painted a few fence panels and gave the ZT a quick clean. Tennis on and just been taking my Hudl 2 apart as it's dead, not even lighting up under charge. The '15 sec press' reset procedure didn't even work this time.

Evening all, lovely cool breeze blowing tonight.

We seem to get more than our fair share up here, as Jeff said the garden is happy for it. It saved me watering all the planters.

I think I must be coming down with something!!! I couldn't be bothered cooking owt tonight

My missus had a weightwatchers meal, our daughter ordered some firey Singapore noodle & asbestos lined stomach stuff and I made a salmon paste butty for myself.

I've raided the missus swilly cupboard and am having a large scotch & water and am currently on the Trans Pennine train sim world route from Manchester Victoria to Leeds on a double header.

Old 12th July 2019, 19:18   #147410
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
I've raided the missus swilly cupboard and am having a large scotch & water and am currently on the Trans Pennine train sim world route from Manchester Victoria to Leeds on a double header.

Who's driving the rear loco coz it ain't you. Class 47s were never fitted for multiple working.

Saw something amazing today, rarely see a rat now that I've "eliminated" most of them but one appeared today . . . . along with a young squirrel that's been hanging around getting dropped seeds from under the bird feeders. The rat went for the squirrel, attacked it! The squirrel leapt up in the air and legged it. Won't see it again as the rat went the same way as the rest have

T4 Location Map

Last edited by stevestrat; 12th July 2019 at 19:26..
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote