Notices

Old 20th November 2018, 21:43   #1
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts
Default To follow the head or heart?

Decisions decisions.

We are going to a cottage for the weekend in County Durham to celebrate our daughters 21st birthday.

My heart is telling me to take the ZT but my head is saying to use my company car which is an Auris Hybrid.
To make matters worse Mrs Simondi has said it's my choice this time

The ZT is a million times a better car but the Auris is a lot cheaper to run. The ZT hasn't been used much recently, 2500 miles in the past 12 months but the Auris is literally fuel and go.( And tax of course). The Auris is an estate so lots of luggage room, the ZT has a Harmon Kardman sub woofer so space in the boot is reduced.

So what would you do? Go with The heart or the head

And discuss............

Simon

To be honest with you, take the Auris, as the roads are very wet down here, and you don't want to get the ZT full of dirt, and also you wont be putting extra mileage on the car as well, which in the long term is better for the ZT

The worst time of year to be driving the 75 or ZT with so much NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- on the roads

and If the Company cars gets filthy then it can be clean at the dealers when they service it !!!

Stu

Last edited by Fusilier; 20th November 2018 at 22:44..
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2018, 22:46   #2
Fusilier
Moderator / RS North East

MG ZT T 180,MGF Freestyle, Jaguar XKR Convertible and XF

Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,309 Posts

[QUOTE=Simondi;2688357]Decisions decisions.

We are going to a cottage for the weekend in County Durham to celebrate our daughters 21st birthday.

My heart is telling me to take the ZT but my head is saying to use my company car which is an Auris Hybrid.

The ZT is a million times a better car but the Auris is a lot cheaper to run. The ZT hasn't been used much recently, 2500 miles in the past 12 months but the Auris is literally fuel and go.( And tax of course). The Auris is an estate so lots of luggage room, the ZT has a Harmon Kardman sub woofer so space in the boot is reduced.

And discuss............

Simon

To be honest with you, take the Auris, as the roads are very wet down here, and you don't want to get the ZT full of dirt, and also you wont be putting extra mileage on the car as well, which in the long term is better for the ZT

The worst time of year to be driving the 75 or ZT with so much muck on the roads
and If the Company cars gets filthy then it can be clean at the dealers when they service it !!!

Stu

Project Gruple http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213155
Fusilier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2018, 05:15   #3
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

[QUOTE=Fusilier;2688371]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
Decisions decisions.

And discuss............

Simon

The worst time of year to be driving the 75 or ZT with so much muck on the roads

Stu
That's what I'm edging towards but there is so little enjoyment in driving the Auris
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2018, 06:14   #4
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

Use the ZT and give it a good run agter short usage. Then give it a good jetwash on return. My friend has a hybrid. Fantastic car but....a bit boring! ☺
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2018, 06:33   #5
ricardo65
This is my second home

mgzt cdti 160.mgzt 1.8t mg6 1.8t

Thanked 1,652 Times in 969 Posts

Take the auris as the weathers pretty pants at the moment and its not enjoyable to drive in whatever car your in also the big potholes are starting to appear

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213906
ricardo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2018, 07:50   #6
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Both my sons are in the North East and we do the trip from the Midlands quite regularly.

The 75 is lovely and comfortable and a nice relaxing drive.

But

The journey is truly boring - M42, A42, M1, M18, A1 - and you'll be sharing it with a great many trucks and reps. Some of the road surfaces are truly dreadful as is the standard of some of the driving .

Given a choice of cars I'd keep the 75 clean, dry and safe and take the Auris.

Andy.
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2018, 12:05   #7
mbev51
Banned

Removed

I live in cumbria, I'm looking across the Eden valley at Cross Fell, it's got a good dusting of snow. I use my 75 as my everyday car, don't be afraid to use your zt, they are meant to be used and enjoyed.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2018, 16:58   #8
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

All modern cars are boring - so if the holiday is about pleasure and driving on great roads when you are there- then it has to be the ZT

But if the holiday is about where you are staying - the cottage, the walks etc and just chillin round a log fire then take the hybrid estate - far more practical.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2018, 18:31   #9
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Take the primertallic one, the one thing these excel at is long journeys
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2018, 18:55   #10
mbonwick
Gets stuck in

Connoisseur SE 1.8 Auto Saloon

Take the ZT. Designed from the outset to be a mile-munching cruiser, which can't be said for the Auris....

Weather is horrible, driving won't be particularly fun, so don't suck even more joy out by taking a Toyota....
mbonwick is offline   Reply With Quote