Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 29th November 2018, 19:36   #1
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Default MOT time

What a good day for my Contemporary SE 2.5 manual, approaching 157K and a nice (almost) clean 'Pass', apparently some rust on the rear springs was worth a mention.
Last year it was slight play in O/S drop link pin/bush - both new links/front struts from DMGS had been fitted a week prior to the test!!
Very thorough? Not complaining but somehow they missed the fact that there was no front Xenon level sensor, that's two years running.
Stupid codes really, it's OK to dazzle oncoming vehicles (my personal pet hate, especially with newer cars and lazy drivers) but a bit of rust (and that's all it is) on a ruddy thick (rear) spring gets their attention
First job for the weekend will be to fit the replacement sensor assembly I've had in a box for 5 months....I know

Last edited by rab60bit; 29th November 2018 at 20:17..
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2018, 20:53   #2
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Congrats on the pass. My 16 year old 75 passed last week, it's a good feeling !!
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2018, 22:19   #3
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

I'm contemplating putting the ZT in for test in the next day or two, should I, shouldn't I????? it's all a bit up in the air really

I could always salvage the nice bits, and get Mr Scrappit on the phone........it is so disappointing after the work I put into it a couple of weeks ago, and it's not even Monogram Tarmacadam Grey

It was suggested today that I purchased another ZT, to which I replied, I need another one of these like I need another hole in my backside

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2018, 22:42   #4
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Depends on how much space you have for it to stand around. Wife's rusty MGF VVC has been sat in the yard now for 2.5 years now. I sometimes take it for quick splurt down the lane, just to remind me how much fun it could be. But I don't enjoy fixing cars like I used to, and my welding isn't good - which is what it needs - new sills. Praps break it up, store the bits, and maybe one day, you'll find a really nice spec, rust-free one, that just needs the bits you've saved.
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2018, 01:12   #5
marinabrian

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb View Post
Depends on how much space you have for it to stand around. Wife's rusty MGF VVC has been sat in the yard now for 2.5 years now. I sometimes take it for quick splurt down the lane, just to remind me how much fun it could be. But I don't enjoy fixing cars like I used to, and my welding isn't good - which is what it needs - new sills. Praps break it up, store the bits, and maybe one day, you'll find a really nice spec, rust-free one, that just needs the bits you've saved.
You can imagine the chagrin when asking Santa for one of these

LINK

Not withstanding, I'll be heading to the MOT station first, as this is not the sort of investment, both time and pecuniary that I'm prepared to make without some sort of assurance it will actually be worth it..........and a car with four weeks MOT doesn't fit into that category

Ho hum
Old 30th November 2018, 21:39   #6
marinabrian

MG ZT

Well I now have a target, if the ZT passes it's MOT on Monday without disgrace, I shall be heading directly to buy a new flywheel and clutch.

The new FBH is playing up, no indicator telltales, so there is another job in the pipeline
Old 30th November 2018, 21:42   #7
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
The new FBH is playing up, no indicator telltales, so there is another job in the pipeline
The Newcastle winter has killed it!
Old 30th November 2018, 21:47   #8
marinabrian

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Lol, well it could be worse I suppose, at least the kettle hasn't broken down, and there are biscuits in stock
Old 30th November 2018, 22:21   #9
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Is it not winter in Newcastle all year round

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2018, 22:26   #10
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

You can tell when it's winter in Newcastle, - some Toon supporters actually put on a shirt!
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote