Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2nd January 2016, 19:28   #41
humphshumphs
I really should get out more.......

No longer a Rover Owner

Location: As far east as you can go in the UK and not get wet feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakg View Post
I would like to hope the product would be open source to allow others to "take the reigns" if needed. I could understand if it's not, though.
It would be nice to think that it would be made open source, but I somehow think it wont

No longer a 75 owner as my tourer made it to the moon, and died on it's way back. But 1/4 million miles ain't bad.
Old 2nd January 2016, 19:33   #42
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
I'm not belittling the work that the above members have put in, but really, someones trying to give something away for free and people want to moan?!
Of course they would want to moan if it costs them their income !
Why should they have to pay money to advertise on here for someone else to come along and advertise (for free) a product that is in direct competition and being offered for nowt ?

If you went to work one day and then someone came along to see your Boss and say I'll do his job for shirt buttons and you get the heave ho would you be happy ?
I know I wouldn't !
Old 2nd January 2016, 19:38   #43
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
If you went to work one day and then someone came along to see your Boss and say I'll do his job for shirt buttons and you get the heave ho would you be happy ?
The problem is - this website isn't your boss, and it's not the yellow pages - it's a website for 75 / ZT owners.

If someone wants to sell something, the the club want a cut of the costs. I cannot see why anyone would require someone offering something for free, to have to pay to do so (in fact theres a whole section for just that!). Moreover - why would anyone pay to give something away for free! The only person that loses in this situation is anyone who owns a ZT / 75, which is ooo, just about everyone on this forum.

Several members "sell" / "provide at cost" / "distribute for free" the same items (I'm thinking the handbrake compensators). I've seen no handbags over that!
Old 2nd January 2016, 19:43   #44
prebenny
Taking time out

Rover 75 Tourer CDT+

coolcat didn't really check build of Your forum but ours (roverki.eu) has place for advertisements which are paid and they on top of forums. Below You have club issues and technical issues of each model. You want add - You pay - You are on top of forum as supporter. In the technical forums we can write topics like this - which are not pinned, but we can discuss every issue/thing/tool (and I think we are doing it now and here ).
Old 2nd January 2016, 19:44   #45
dattrike
Posted a thing or two

V6 2ltr auto in copperleaf +CDTI Auto in Royal Blue on loan to Son

Quote:
I'm not belittling the work that the above members have put in, but really, someones trying to give something away for free and people want to moan?!
The software is free, but the hardware to connect to the car isn't:

http://www.pscan.eu/
Old 2nd January 2016, 19:50   #46
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
The problem is - this website isn't your boss, and it's not the yellow pages - it's a website for 75 / ZT owners.

If someone wants to sell something, the the club want a cut of the costs. I cannot see why anyone would require someone offering something for free, to have to pay to do so (in fact theres a whole section for just that!). Moreover - why would anyone pay to give something away for free! The only person that loses in this situation is anyone who owns a ZT / 75, which is ooo, just about everyone on this forum.

Several members "sell" / "provide at cost" / "distribute for free" the same items (I'm thinking the handbrake compensators). I've seen no handbags over that!
Yes but they aren't directly in competition with a trader that is selling the product

I've said my piece and how I see it, only my views mind
Old 2nd January 2016, 19:59   #47
Anon3
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

I find it difficult to believe that anyone can complain about someone offering a free SERVICE to other members of this club, myself.

Isn't that what clubs are supposed to be about?
Club members HELPING each other?

As I see it, you have a choice of soon to be 3 options.

All will depend on the ability of the user to diagnose problems, because the software only gives clues.

Hence the traders will still get plenty of business because of their skill, I reckon.

I don't see what the problem is here

Villa, Stella, Balti.
It's Brummie latin that means, er......

Vis tester available to local V6 owners
Old 2nd January 2016, 20:00   #48
prebenny
Taking time out

Rover 75 Tourer CDT+

dattrike in fact You are right, but with the wire we also have nothing in common. TOAF uses cheapest one that could connect with R75/MG ZT - Inpa - for diagnostic of diesel engines it worked perfectly and as it allows to communicate with all the other modules Marcin used it (in Poland it cost around 5 maybe 6 pounds...).
Old 2nd January 2016, 20:05   #49
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

I was a little miffed when in the thread I started we were accused of releasing VT4 timed to interfere with the TOAF software.... total dreamland...
Old 2nd January 2016, 20:05   #50
longer86
Taking time out

R75

Toaf Works on inpa cable Or aby viakken vag kkl cable which you can but on ebay, not from toaf creator. Cable cost below 10 £, did you see the diffrence?

We dont want to earn Money, we just want to give something to 75/zt useres, our cars are every years older with no support from producer, but software of service we still have to pay like for New cars.

I know where is the problem. You thinkig they from Poland they are bad guys, we dont like guys from Poland.

I think that situation when somebody give you something for free is abnormal, especialy when this guy is from poland

Check How mamy useres are on thins forum and on our Poland forum,

There is big diffrence about numbers of useres and we still are in the web. Because forum is created by users not by paying institutions

Last edited by longer86; 2nd January 2016 at 20:12..
Closed Thread