Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18th July 2019, 21:14   #1
Nobby
Aged to perfection!

Rover 75 Conn SE Tourer

Default Stopped by the interceptors

Today went to do the monthly shop whilst swmbo was at the hospice so after dropping her off drove to the local Lidl’s.

As I turned into the car park I was followed in by a marked police Volvo estate. As I parked up the police pulled across the back of me and the 2 plods got out of the car. Immediately my mind raced; had I gone through a red light? Was it my not quite legal number plate that caught their attention? Didn’t have a clue. As I got out of the car, one copper approached and said to me “is this your car sir” Yes I replied. “Have you had it long?” again I replied yes 17 years!

Already a few shoppers were standing at the shop entrance rubber necking. Did I really look a crim? I was beginning to feel one

I asked the copper what was wrong had I done something? Trying to make light of the situ I also said the cars taxed, tested, insured and I’ve got no weed or white powder in the car. “No problem” he says, we just saw you pulling in and the car really caught our eye. I used to own one years ago and missed it ever since it was totalled. Loved the style of them and wished I could find a good one again”. Him and his mate then proceeded to give the car a thorough once over. After a few mins or so he said “ one of the nicest I’ve seen;she’s lovely and in such good condition. Pity everyone doesn’t maintain their cars like you. Anyway won’t keep you- have a good day”. Well you could have blown me over with a feather. So nice to have so many compliments especially from an officer of the law. Before we parted I gave him the forum details in case he was interested in buying another and away we all went. Bet the rubber neckers were disappointed I wasn’t thrown on the floor and cuffed! Had a big cheesy grin for the rest of the afternoon tho' .

Sometimes I talk to myself, Then we both LAUGH!

Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote