Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th April 2024, 14:31   #151
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

More good news. I have now been discharged from the care of the physiotherapist. She is more than happy about my progress. I will still need to use the crutch for a few more weeks, then I can switch to a walking stick till I feel confident to walk without it, but keep it handy in the car for any emergency reasons.

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday walk for 40 minutes then rest ankle for 15 minutes. Thursday, Friday and Saturday walk for 50 minutes then rest the ankle for 15 minutes. Sunday just have an easy day. Then start all over again but every 3 days increase the walking time by 10 minutes. Just keep going till I reach a time I’m happy with.

She watched me walk across the floor, then up the stairs. How I got into and out of bed. She liked the new shower with its low floor. Could I get onto the loo without the frame, but I found that a bit awkward. So keep the frame there for now but try and not use it. Then finally she watched me walk down the stairs.

And with that she said goodbye.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 4th April 2024 at 14:32.. Reason: Swapped the days around.
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2024, 14:58   #152
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Good to hear that you are on the mend Bob. Regards bus services I gather that some might offer an app for customers to check their services on a suitable mobile phone. My sim normally resides in a wifi box which I use for internet access with a laptop and I only swap it into my phone when I need to make or expect a call. But a bus app could be useful and might be worth looking into.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2024, 07:27   #153
starbug2
This is my second home

Silver Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDTI + MGF 1.8 in BRG

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
More good news. I have now been discharged from the care of the physiotherapist. She is more than happy about my progress. I will still need to use the crutch for a few more weeks, then I can switch to a walking stick till I feel confident to walk without it, but keep it handy in the car for any emergency reasons.

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday walk for 40 minutes then rest ankle for 15 minutes. Thursday, Friday and Saturday walk for 50 minutes then rest the ankle for 15 minutes. Sunday just have an easy day. Then start all over again but every 3 days increase the walking time by 10 minutes. Just keep going till I reach a time I’m happy with.

She watched me walk across the floor, then up the stairs. How I got into and out of bed. She liked the new shower with its low floor. Could I get onto the loo without the frame, but I found that a bit awkward. So keep the frame there for now but try and not use it. Then finally she watched me walk down the stairs.

And with that she said goodbye.
i guess if we meet at gaydon we can compare bandages.. , my arm and your your leg ..

now with 2020 MG ZS 1Lt TURBO engine with automatic 6 speed gearbox to help keep the 75 and MG F going as long as possible
starbug2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2024, 13:47   #154
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Just been for my diabetes eye check and there is no degradation in my eyes condition. Because of the eye drops they put in it is unwise to drive. So my neighbour Marion gave me a lift there, waited for me and then brought me home.

onen hag oll
Old 10th April 2024, 16:12   #155
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

In January this year I sang the praises of the NHS. I got to be on a promotional video for the NHS. I got interviewed by both the BBC and ITV. I had an interview with James Churchfield on BBC Radio Cornwall.
Since then the NHS has gone downhill for me.

My 3 camera procedure was scheduled for tomorrow at 11am so imagine my surprise when I received a phone call from Liskeard hospital asking me why I had missed my appointment this morning at 07.00. I replied that my appointment is for tomorrow at 11.00. No, said the voice on the other end. You was due to attend this morning as a day patient. You was sent a letter. The only letter I have got is for tomorrow’s appointment.

So I told the voice on the other end of the phone that I would drive down and bring the letter with me. So I took Banana for a run to Liskeard Community Hospital, it’s not far. About 11 miles.
Parked up and hobbled in on my one crutch. Went to the reception desk and explained why I was here. The lady there turned out to be “the voice on the other end of the phone” from this morning.

I showed her the letter I had been sent. She took the letter and went into the office. Another lady came out to man the desk. I sat down and waited for the other lady to come back. Eventually she came back with a nurse. It turned out that I had been sent the wrong letter, my letter had gone to another Robert and he had my letter. He had turned up at 07.00 this morning and was told that had the wrong day. They only realised this after he gave them his dob and his address along with his symptoms.

He had got as fears as undressing and putting the hospital gown on. He was asked why he hadn’t taken the laxative and he said that it had stated in his letter that it would be given to him this morning.
They mixed up the two letters.

So now my appointment for tomorrow is cancelled and I have a new appointment for next week where I will be coming in as a day patient at 07.00.
Where I will be given a liquid laxative to totally clear me out. And they will be taking, another, sample plus a urine sample along with some blood. I was given a copy of the letter I should have received, so that I could read through the instructions leading up to the day. This copy is dated wrong but it is the letter I should have got. My new appointment will be in the post.

So when I got home my neighbour Marion was out, so I sent her a text explaining that tomorrow’s appointment was cancelled. When she got home I would be along to explain what had happened. About an hour later she knocked on my door. So over a cup of tea I told her the saga. And I said I would get a taxi there as it was a 07.00 appointment. “You will not get a taxi, I will take you. See you settled. Then I will come home. When you are ready to come home you WILL phone me and I will come and get you.” Was her reply in rather a stern voice. I protested but it was all in vain.

I love my neighbours, they are so good to me. I got moaned at by my other neighbour yesterday for overdoing it after I washed BBB, then I washed Marion’s car then set about cleaning Banana. Karen phoned Marion and they both stopped me from doing anymore with threats of removing all my footwear and hiding the crutches, AirBoot and the Zimmer frame.
You cannot beat that that for the care that my neighbours concern.

So yesterday afternoon I went with Marion to the local garden centre where she bought some plants, then into the restaurant for afternoon tea. And she wouldn’t let me pay. I was told to sit by the win and rest the ankle. I had to admit it was aching a bit.

As for my internal issues all seems to have returned to normal, well it had up and till last night when I had a go at giving myself food poisoning. The chicken breast I had cooked, turned out to be off. But I had taken a couple of bites but decided it didn’t taste, or smell, right. So that went into the food recycling bin along with the rest of my dinner. I just cooked some chips and had a couple of chip butties.

And spent the night wishing I had shares in Andrex toilet paper. Sat on the loo most of the night. Good job I hadn’t taken that laxative after all.
We will see what next week brings.

onen hag oll
Old 17th April 2024, 15:10   #156
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Just home from my 3 camera procedure at Liskeard Hospital. Not a very pleasant experience. Marion dropped me off at 06.45. The hospital said they would phone her when it was time to collect me.

Had to change into a hospital gown. Then sit on a commode whilst is was given a laxative as I needed to be completely empty. Not a very pleasant experience. Took about 20 minutes to work. And they wanted 3 samples. First to come out, then another one followed by when it stopped flowing, the last one. I had a bottle to wee in at the same time, as they needed a sample.

Wipe lightly as it would be uncomfortable. Then up onto the bed and lay at an angle allowing for the ankle to be comfortable. A nurse put a pillow between my ankles. Then she set about making sure I was totally clean. And some cream applied. Did I want to watch on the screen as the camera was inserted? Not really I replied.

Once that was completed, then camera down the one eyed trouser snake to check out my bladder. Once that was done I was given a cup of black tea and biscuit. And left for about an hour. They had brought a clean commode in should I feel I needed to go again. Not to worry if it was runny. Not sure if I needed to use it but best to be safe than sorry. But no paper to hand, I had to wait till the nurse came back in. Then I had to wait whilst she went and got another roll.

Back into bed and laying at an angle again, but this time I had a blanket covering me. Then given a sedative, the rubber block put between my teeth and in went camera no.3. Made me feel sick, tried not to gag. Took two attempts to get the camera down.

Next thing I knew was that Marion was sitting there. Ok sleepy head? Time to get dressed and home. The results would be given to my doctor and he would then phone me. Given a tube of cream to apply to my bottom every night till all used up. Be about a week before my system would be back to normal. Don’t go out unless you really need to. As you may have a lot of wind to pass and it might not all be just wind. Also given a sheet of paper with what to look for in future when sitting on the loo. There is some funny looking photos till I realised what they were photos of. Poo.

Home now and feeling hungry and thirsty.

onen hag oll
Old 17th April 2024, 17:35   #157
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

I used to have regular endoscopies, absolutely detested them but they changed one of my meds to one that targets the guts, no more camera down the throat

Had one in the other end as well, they weren't happy with the result (wasn't clear) so wanted another but my body decided it didn't want to deal with the medical equivalent of the Mr Muscle drain unblocker you have to take, I kept throwing it back up so ended up with a scan instead, much better.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2024, 12:17   #158
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
I used to have regular endoscopies, absolutely detested them but they changed one of my meds to one that targets the guts, no more camera down the throat

Had one in the other end as well, they weren't happy with the result (wasn't clear) so wanted another but my body decided it didn't want to deal with the medical equivalent of the Mr Muscle drain unblocker you have to take, I kept throwing it back up so ended up with a scan instead, much better.

Thanks Steve, “Mr Muscle Drain Cleaner” sums the description up well.

I didn’t have the best of nights sleep as I kept getting the feeling I needed to sit on the loo. Nothing much happened but you can never be to careful.
Just out of the shower at about 07.30 and my mobile was ringing. It was Clare from Adult Social Services, she was phoning to let me know that a van would be coming to collect the chair risers and foot stool. She asked how I got on at the hospital for the camera procedure. I told her what had happened. She said not to hold any poo in. Just let flow.

The van arrived at about 10 ish! But I had the stuff ready by the door. Very helpful driver as he picked everything up for me. So I thought maybe as it was a nice day I could get some gardening done, I would still be in range of the loo. That idea went out of the window as I never even got as far as the garden gate as the need for the loo was there. I gave up in the end.

Marion popped in to see if I needed anything, I gave her a small shopping list to tie me over until it was safe for me to go shopping. I was in the bathroom when she came back. By the time I got back downstairs she had put the shopping away and had made me a weak mug of tea. What a diamond of a neighbour.

I’ll let you know the results once I hear from the doctor. Till then thanks for reading and the kind comments.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 18th April 2024 at 12:18.. Reason: Missing words found hiding
Old 24th April 2024, 08:37   #159
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

I saw my doctor last evening and their is good and not so good news.

The good news is there no signs of the Big C, but I need to eat more fibre in my diet. And the bad news I have to give up eating liquorice allsorts. My favourite sweet, been eating them for years. Only ever eat the Basset/Maynard products. But on the occasion I have eaten the supermarkets own brand. And they might have caused “Fecal Impaction”. Google it to find out what that is all about.

My doctor explained in great detail what it is all about. My fall had contributed to the problem. Because of my inactivity I was eating less, and therefore not enough fibre. But I was still eating the liquorice all sorts. Now liquorice is good for the bowels but should only be eaten in small amounts and not every day.
I was getting through 2 or 3 family size bags a week. My neighbours bought me the boxed ones. So I was contributing to the problem.

(( haven’t eaten any for nearly a fortnight as I thought they might be an issue with them)).

He asked me how I was doing regarding the ankle, was I having any pain? Occasionally it seems to be a bit painful and it does ache a bit. But having learnt the hard way I now have a rest with the ankle raised. If very uncomfortable then I will take a couple of painkillers. I explained that I had a new bed where I could electrically raise the head and feet sections. I had noticed I was now sleeping better and the ankle liked the better position.

So now I have another container and lolly stick for another sample. But not till the end of the month plus a urine sample will be wanted. The doctor said that this might be a monthly thing till they were happy that everything was working ok.

So all in all things are looking up.

Many thanks for reading and the comments.

onen hag oll