Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th October 2018, 10:08   #1
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Default New cars and there niggles

Just out of interest has anybody on here bough a new or newish car that has been trouble and niggle free?

The reason I ask I have friends and customers who when they seem to buy a new or newish car there always seems to be something wrong within a few weeks.

The recent one was a friend who bought a new Range Rover Discovery and it all started off with a warning light that kept coming on and the dealer kept changing things, it still keeps coming on but less frequently. Another was a new Nissan Qashqai that had so many fault the dealer eventually replaced it FOC after 3 months. I even heard of a Merc that spent more time in the dealers in its first 6 months on the road.

I here so many stories of people having trouble with there new cars I wondered if the quality was starting to drop or is it just you only ever here the bad stories?
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2018, 10:13   #2
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
Just out of interest has anybody on here bough a new or newish car that has been trouble and niggle free?

The reason I ask I have friends and customers who when they seem to buy a new or newish car there always seems to be something wrong within a few weeks.

The recent one was a friend who bought a new Range Rover Discovery and it all started off with a warning light that kept coming on and the dealer kept changing things, it still keeps coming on but less frequently. Another was a new Nissan Qashqai that had so many fault the dealer eventually replaced it FOC after 3 months. I even heard of a Merc that spent more time in the dealers in its first 6 months on the road.

I here so many stories of people having trouble with there new cars I wondered if the quality was starting to drop or is it just you only ever here the bad stories?
You probably only hear about the bad ones, which is why the technical section on this forum is so busy

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2018, 10:27   #3
KeithA
Loves to post

Rover 75 Conny Tourer Auto

Yup. Hyundai I20, 4 years and nothing but servicing.. Mum in law has had a i10 for 7 years and again all routine except a recall for anti roll bar bushes.

Dull cars though!

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk
Old 28th October 2018, 10:39   #4
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Another yes here, and again, a Hyundai i20 . Bought it new 2 years ago and other than routine servicing, it has only needed one wiper blade replacing. It's one of the newer shaped i20s and fully loaded with all the toys (sat nav, panoramic sunroof, reversing cam, lane departure warning, heated seats & steering wheel, cornering lights etc), so lots to potentially go wrong. So far though, everything just works .

It's actually quite a fun car to drive to, and performed flawlessly on a recent trip up to York and back. It has a 900cc 3 cylinder turbo engines, and I was expecting it to be under powered, but I've happily been proven wrong .

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2018, 11:00   #5
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Yep Kia Niro hybrid, bought it at the beginning of the year and it has been perfect.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2018, 14:57   #6
breakfastinsmethwick
Gets stuck in

Maintainer of sons ZT M47r

3 x Pugeots, 508, 308 and 3008 diseasals, no problems at all over the last 2 years. But as they are not German, no one will care. Sob.
breakfastinsmethwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2018, 15:05   #7
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastinsmethwick View Post
3 x Pugeots, 508, 308 and 3008 diseasals, no problems at all over the last 2 years. But as they are not German, no one will care. Sob.

Actually, I like French cars.

There is nothing quite like RCZ, Peugeot 207cc, 307cc and Renault Megane cc in their price range other than an Astra Twintop.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2018, 15:18   #8
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Actually, I like French cars.
I don't! Helped my mate out with his taxi company for a while. He had a thing about French cars:
Peugeot E7 taxi - (Expert van with seats) God awful thing, it was like driving a tank.
Peugeot 407 - anti pollution system went west and continually dropped the car into limp mode. Was going to cost hundreds to put right, he sold it for pennies.
Renault Espace - liked driving it but an oil seal in the turbo went and the engine self destructed by consuming its own oil. Unfortunately the guy driving it at the time didn't have the brains to try to stall it.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2018, 16:40   #9
breakfastinsmethwick
Gets stuck in

Maintainer of sons ZT M47r

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
I don't! Helped my mate out with his taxi company for a while. He had a thing about French cars:
Peugeot E7 taxi - (Expert van with seats) God awful thing, it was like driving a tank.
Peugeot 407 - anti pollution system went west and continually dropped the car into limp mode. Was going to cost hundreds to put right, he sold it for pennies.
Renault Espace - liked driving it but an oil seal in the turbo went and the engine self destructed by consuming its own oil. Unfortunately the guy driving it at the time didn't have the brains to try to stall it.
I experienced two turbo failures on VW T5’s and other problems on a Caddy.
The smoke from the turbo failures was pretty impressive. I did stall it by the way.
breakfastinsmethwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2018, 16:45   #10
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

I bought a Citroen C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive back in 2003 and never had a problem in seven years of ownership
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote