Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th July 2010, 15:21   #11
Hodgy
Love to chat

Jaguar XJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard LPG View Post
I thought that you said he was. Ah! Do you mean he wasn't registered as a trader?
Can we please get back on topic?
Is the idea I have put forward, one that would work or not.
Alan

My Newbie

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hodgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 16:34   #12
Pete
Owners Club Director

Rover 75

We will look into it on Tuesday. The concept is good and we have decided to introduce this as it is another layer in preventing people from covertly trading here. However, this also requires some distinct changes to how people can post in a particular section, which in turn will mean running a trial version away from here for testing and to check for issues. It isn't necessarily complex to do but might be a bit fiddly.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Follow The Club On Twitter
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 20:23   #13
Hodgy
Love to chat

Jaguar XJ

I would have thought, there would have been a better response. I must have touched a nerve.
What do the mods think?
Come on Pab you must have something to say
Alan

My Newbie

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old 4th July 2010, 20:34   #14
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

what would you like me to say?

you can list your items for sale to the limits set out to you by the director,on a private basis,

any excess to this limit and you are deemed to be trading,not fair on the registered traders and i shall be watching.
pab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 20:47   #15
Hodgy
Love to chat

Jaguar XJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by pab View Post
what would you like me to say?

you can list your items for sale to the limits set out to you by the director,on a private basis,

any excess to this limit and you are deemed to be trading,not fair on the registered traders and i shall be watching.
And I you

Alan

My Newbie

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old 4th July 2010, 21:01   #16
Pete
Owners Club Director

Rover 75

I believe I may have ommitted to reply to another point and have been duly prodded to make amends. The person in question asked a previous moderator about the process of becoming a trader in November 2009 - this was relayed back to the rest of the then team in the December of last year. We looked into it and trader subs were paid early this year. For the record I also have trader status too, although I have not exactly been active in any of those sections, and paid my fee in Febrary 2010.

As a means of giving a better view for members of who has trader status, there will be a list published in the Classifieds section of the forums. That way, a member can check a username and see for themselves.

On the subject of moderators also being allowed to have trader status, I do not believe this constitutes a possible conflict of interest. The example given could be applied to anyone who has trader status, and if anyone should try to make such a complaint then the reason behind it would be very clear after the most cursory of searches.

The suggestion made to restrict the number of items advertised within a specific time period has been noted and will be implemented to see if it works for all members. Thank you for the suggestion, and if you have any queries please send them via PM.

Old 4th July 2010, 21:14   #17
Rabett_Rover
This is my second home

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
I believe I may have ommitted to reply to another point and have been duly prodded to make amends. The person in question asked a previous moderator about the process of becoming a trader in November 2009 - this was relayed back to the rest of the then team in the December of last year. We looked into it and trader subs were paid early this year. For the record I also have trader status too, although I have not exactly been active in any of those sections, and paid my fee in Febrary 2010.

As a means of giving a better view for members of who has trader status, there will be a list published in the Classifieds section of the forums. That way, a member can check a username and see for themselves.

On the subject of moderators also being allowed to have trader status, I do not believe this constitutes a possible conflict of interest. The example given could be applied to anyone who has trader status, and if anyone should try to make such a complaint then the reason behind it would be very clear after the most cursory of searches.

The suggestion made to restrict the number of items advertised within a specific time period has been noted and will be implemented to see if it works for all members. Thank you for the suggestion, and if you have any queries please send them via PM.

One of the key issues that has arisen as a result of the recent unrest is lack of transparency within the club. Hence my queries regarding this thread are not being sent via PM.

I presume that the member in question is Pab? Based on what you are saying Pab became a trader in early 2010. However he has not 'turned Blue' and this was not communicated to either the general membership or the the trade members.

If it is the case that Pab became a trader earlier this year and that fact has been withheld deliberately or otherwise. Then surely his position as a moderator is compromised.
Rabett_Rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 21:18   #18
Pete
Owners Club Director

Rover 75

Nothing of the sort Lewis. Not all traders were announced historically and it does not compromise the moderator concerned. The publication of traders in the future in one area is to try and ensure that there is a single area where they can be viewed for all, thus correcting this.

Old 4th July 2010, 21:57   #19
Hodgy
Love to chat

Jaguar XJ

Firstly thanks for your interaction Pete
Can you explain why Baconbuttyman has moderator/trader below is name, is that something he’s done himself or is that what happens when a mod turns trader.
I’m not trying to be flippant
Alan

My Newbie

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old 4th July 2010, 22:07   #20
Pete
Owners Club Director

Rover 75

It was something he took upon himself to do, after asking me via a PM.

I did ask before that subsequent queries be sent to me via PM. I would like that to be observed please.