Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 18th February 2021, 17:09   #1
2750 HP
Loves to post

ZT CDTI, 190+, 260, Triumph TR4, Rolls Royce, Bentley and Mercedes E220d cabriolet

Default Heavy duty battery leads in the boot

Hi: am having electrical gremlins on the 260 and about the only thing i had not checked were the Little Fuse Mega 150 and 500 A fuses in the small black box with the yellow button in front of the battery in the boot. Took them off and tested them and ok.

But cannot remember which red lead goes where. Two heavy duty red leads - one stating battery and fitted with a battery clamp connection at one end and one longer one coming out of the bodywork and staing starter on it.

Which lead goes to which terminal post in the small black box as above: which goes to the 150A terminal and which to the 500 A terminal?

Thanks and regards
Steve

PS. I could do with a quick word wityh Tim on the 260 forum - can anyone remind me of his surname - I have his email address somewhere but for the life of me cannot recall it

Last edited by 2750 HP; 18th February 2021 at 17:12..
2750 HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2021, 19:05   #2
Tim
Feel the size of my Quads

MG ZT 440SE, MG HS PHEV & MG3

I'm just Tim here Steve. Got your email
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2021, 10:43   #3
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2750 HP View Post
Hi: am having electrical gremlins on the 260 and about the only thing i had not checked were the Little Fuse Mega 150 and 500 A fuses in the small black box with the yellow button in front of the battery in the boot. Took them off and tested them and ok.

But cannot remember which red lead goes where. Two heavy duty red leads - one stating battery and fitted with a battery clamp connection at one end and one longer one coming out of the bodywork and staing starter on it.

Which lead goes to which terminal post in the small black box as above: which goes to the 150A terminal and which to the 500 A terminal?

Thanks and regards
Steve

PS. I could do with a quick word wityh Tim on the 260 forum - can anyone remind me of his surname - I have his email address somewhere but for the life of me cannot recall it
If you click on his forum name it will give you the option to E-Mail him.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote