Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th February 2021, 09:15   #1
geavsie

Rover 75 saloon CDTi, 1.8t saloon, cdti tourer, mg ztt, mgf,mitsubishi l400,daimler 250v8

Default 1.8 MG F which was nearly finished

I still have the MGF which I have little other option than to sell.

It is a MGF which has done 45000 miles.

It is in overall very good condition accept for I believe the rings on 1/2 cylinder, which have allowed low compression and blow past.

The car was last on the road in 2013 where it only just scrapped through its MOT, when it appeared there was the start of head gasket failure. It then wasn’t driven far and it never over heated but I started seeing water in the oil and into the cylinders. So as I was building a house, the car was drained, oil added to the cylinders and left until last year. Then the car was cleaned up and undersealed and the head gasket changed. It was changed to a multilayer item, the oil ladder was also changed, uprated head bolts used, alloy inlet, increased diameter throttle and I have tried to upgrade it to VHPD spec, using a VVC head, solid cam, new tappets etc., I have a thermostat to place just before the front radiator. There is also a new polybush set , front and rear not fitted.

Unfortunately, as the bores looked good and the engine had not over heated I assumed the piston rings were ok. So did not take the pistons out to check. The rings were not alright, the car runs but will not idle, you can notice the blow past, and the compression test confirms this. Only one cylinder is significantly down on compression. It has reasonable power and it can be driven onto a trailer. But the plugs need regular cleaning as the blow past oils them. (I suspect that would be improved by using a thicker oil than 5w which was added after the rebuild)
The car has only one rust patch, it is on the nearside wing but this has been repaired and was an perforation of the edge of the wing lip lip. It comes with a hardtop and a soft-top

It also comes with a raft of used spares. These include an engine block, crankshafts, coils several, several cylinder heads standard and vvc, plus pistons, con roads, belt covers, camshafts, bolts, two gearboxes, several inlet manifolds plastic and alloy, exhaust manifolds, drive shafts. There are additional used wheel hubs, suspension arms, and front and rear sub frames.
So a car which is almost there, but needs piston rings changing. It also comes with lots of spares.

I just can’t face stripping down the engine to replace the rings, nor have I the time. So here are all the bits to fix and maintain this car for years to come. I need to throw the towel in on this, which offers someone a lot of opportunities, even a chance to create a track car.

The buyer will need a trailer for the car and the spares.
I am after £750 for the car and all the spares.
If you use the shareable link below there are quite a few pictures.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1us...dLdEaCdquXSXN2

If you would like any additional photos, please ask.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP0030.jpg (137.9 KB, 60 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf pics.pdf (295.9 KB, 15 views)
geavsie is offline   Reply With Quote