Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 2nd November 2018, 19:09   #51
boater
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Hi Jeff

Just picked up on this thread and am really jealous!

It must have been one hell of a day when you picked up your new boat. I see from the clip that you purchased from NYA which brought back great memories for me as we kept our boat there for 12 years until selling in 2016. It looks like Mark who took you out for your test run - he is a great guy.

Your new boat looks really well and I'm sure you will have some fabulous times on board.

I have to content myself now with hiring - our last visit being early October and we have a booking now for next May.

Best wishes

Howard
boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2018, 22:17   #52
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boater View Post
Hi Jeff

Just picked up on this thread and am really jealous!

It must have been one hell of a day when you picked up your new boat. I see from the clip that you purchased from NYA which brought back great memories for me as we kept our boat there for 12 years until selling in 2016. It looks like Mark who took you out for your test run - he is a great guy.

Your new boat looks really well and I'm sure you will have some fabulous times on board.

I have to content myself now with hiring - our last visit being early October and we have a booking now for next May.

Best wishes

Howard
Hi Howard,

That was indeed Mark (a.k.a Speedo) doing the river trial with us. The other gentleman is Howard Webb of Webb boats who was doing our survey

Was it at NYA Brundall or Horning where you kept your boat?
If you don't mind me asking, what boat did you have?

I'm up at our boat every week as I work two days a week in and around Norwich and Great Yarmouth. That was one of the reasons we decided on a bigger boat as I stay on board whilst up there.

It makes a big difference having a separate cabin for sleeping. No more converting the V into a bed from a sofa!

Anyhow, if you are on the Broads in May give us a shout on here and I'm sure we can have a get together along with some of the other Norfolk Massive

Here is Lady Emma this week sporting her new Broads Registration plate.

CC9J5104 by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr
Old 3rd November 2018, 19:03   #53
boater
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Hello Jeff

Our boat was called Tiger Lily and is a Broom Skipper. We kept her at Brundall in the dyke that leads to the NYA workshop. It is a great place to moor, water and electricity laid on and parking for the car right behind the boat. Mark helped us quiite a lot and we had a lot of work done by his team including bow thruster and holding tank. If you ever consider moving to the south side it would be a good choice. The new owner of Tiger Lily now keeps her in the Ferry Marina at Horning.

Will you be thinking about joining James Fraser on one of the cruise in company excusions that he arranges? I think it is an excellent way to get a feel for sea cruising as all the planning and safety issues are sorted for you. Mark also travels on these to sort any mechanical problems that may arise. Have also recently seen that he is selling his own boat (In Focus).

By the way you mentioned Howard Webb from Webb marine. I have not come across this name/company before and strangely my name is also Howard Webb.

All the best, Howard
Old 3rd November 2018, 19:27   #54
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Hello Jeff

Our boat was called Tiger Lily and is a Broom Skipper. We kept her at Brundall in the dyke that leads to the NYA workshop. It is a great place to moor, water and electricity laid on and parking for the car right behind the boat. Mark helped us quiite a lot and we had a lot of work done by his team including bow thruster and holding tank. If you ever consider moving to the south side it would be a good choice. The new owner of Tiger Lily now keeps her in the Ferry Marina at Horning.

Will you be thinking about joining James Fraser on one of the cruise in company excusions that he arranges? I think it is an excellent way to get a feel for sea cruising as all the planning and safety issues are sorted for you. Mark also travels on these to sort any mechanical problems that may arise. Have also recently seen that he is selling his own boat (In Focus).

By the way you mentioned Howard Webb from Webb marine. I have not come across this name/company before and strangely my name is also Howard Webb.

All the best, Howard

Hi Howard,

Are you a member of the Norfolk Broads Network btw?
If you are I'm on there with my Coolcat username.

Such a shame that Broom have ceased manufacturing boats and now just concentrating on hiring.
Have you any images of your Broom Skipper?
If so would love to see some posted up on the forum.

My dream boat would be an Aft Cockpit Broom

We will probably will stay on the Northern Broads for the moment. The prices are quite a lot cheaper where we are at Acle (also being able to park right next to our mooring with electric and water as well) compared to Brundall and we have a few friends who are at Acle
However, we were at Oby before Acle so you never know, change of scenery and all that. Also planning on moving permanently to Norfolk in the near future so depending on where we end up may mean the boat moving.

I spoke to Matt Sampson and will indeed be doing some of the 'Cruise in Company' Sea trips next year and very much looking forward to it.
I'm going to also take the Day Skipper RYA as well.

This is Howard Webb's (the other one) website.

https://webb-boats.co.uk

All the best,

Jeff.

Last edited by coolcat; 3rd November 2018 at 19:41..
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2018, 21:11   #55
boater
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Hi Jeff

I think that what you are doing is the right way to go forward and you will get an awful lot out of having a sea capable boat.

I have tried and failed to upload photos of Tiger Lily - do you use a hosting company to post yours?

regards

Howard
Old 3rd November 2018, 22:23   #56
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Hi Jeff

I think that what you are doing is the right way to go forward and you will get an awful lot out of having a sea capable boat.

I have tried and failed to upload photos of Tiger Lily - do you use a hosting company to post yours?

regards

Howard
Hi Howard,

I use Flickr for image hosting
Old 4th November 2018, 15:00   #57
boater
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanks, I need to look at that but will try here with a simple attachment for now.

July 2015 017.jpg
Old 4th November 2018, 15:28   #58
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Thanks, I need to look at that but will try here with a simple attachment for now.

Attachment 76053
She looks lovely indeed.....Bet you miss her.

Took the liberty of popping her on my Flickr to enlarge the image for you

July 2015 017 by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr

Did you take her out to sea with the CIC trips?
Old 4th November 2018, 15:36   #59
freddie
Passed Away

75 cdti connoisseur se saloon

Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,345 Posts

Must come and see the boat Jeff when you up next.?

LADY IN RED
freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2018, 15:41   #60
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
Must come and see the boat Jeff when you up next.?
I'll be up tomorrow Freddie.......Bring a Sau'wester and Pac a Mac with you if you fancy popping by