Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 20th April 2021, 17:08   #711
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

My wife went to the Library this afternoon to drop off and collect a book she had ordered. There were two women chatting inside the Library with there face masks on there chins and when one of the librarians asked the women if they could either put the face masks on properly or carry on with there conversation outside she was hit with some abuse basically saying'' it does not matter anymore as they had both had there first jab''.

Sadly if two many people have this attitude we will be heading towards another lockdown this winter unless these vaccines they are giving us are more effective than they realise.

Best case is once we have heard immunity unless some mutation finds it way around the vaccine we should have no more deaths than Flu usually causes annually, with a lot of the fragile members of our society already been affected by Covid hopefully we will see a lower death rate for a while. Apparently Brazil is finding a lot of victims of Covid in there latest wave are under 40 years old.

We will have to learn to live with this for many years to come.

Personally I hate face masks and once we dont have to ware these any longer I will feel the end is insight.
Old 20th April 2021, 21:59   #712
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
My wife went to the Library this afternoon to drop off and collect a book she had ordered. There were two women chatting inside the Library with their face masks on their chins and when one of the librarians asked the women if they could either put the face masks on properly or carry on with their conversation outside she was hit with some abuse basically saying'' it does not matter anymore as they had both had their first jab''.

Sadly if too many people have this attitude we will be heading towards another lockdown this winter unless these vaccines they are giving us are more effective than they realise.

Best case is once we have herd immunity, unless some mutation finds it way around the vaccine, we should have no more deaths than Flu usually causes annually. With a lot of the fragile members of our society already been affected by Covid hopefully we will see a lower death rate for a while. Apparently Brazil is finding a lot of victims of Covid in their latest wave are under 40 years old.

We will have to learn to live with this for many years to come.

Personally I hate face masks and once we don't have to wear these any longer I will feel the end is in sight.
Those women obviously didn't realise that they can still catch the virus and become seriously ill with it.
Old 20th April 2021, 22:28   #713
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
My wife went to the Library this afternoon to drop off and collect a book she had ordered. There were two women chatting inside the Library with there face masks on there chins..
Beginning to see even more "chin masks" than before and an increasing number of people with no masks at all......
Old 21st April 2021, 08:28   #714
mbev51
Banned

Removed

I think Artic is correct, come October we will be facing restrictions yet again. Probably not as bad as many people will have been vaccinated, which will give some protection. People do need to act responsibly this spring/summer, it’s far from over.
Old 21st April 2021, 11:44   #715
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
I think Artic is correct, come October we will be facing restrictions yet again. Probably not as bad as many people will have been vaccinated, which will give some protection. People do need to act responsibly this spring/summer, it’s far from over.
The ironic thing is those who have to be reminded of the need to follow the precautions, will never be receptive to the advice.
Old 22nd April 2021, 11:04   #716
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Whether masks work well or not, the fact is that a large majority feel reassured by wearing them and having other people wear them in 'indoors' situations. So I put one on when I go in a shop or the garage to pay. challenged a woman on sunday at the garage, 'Why aren't you wearing a mask' the answer 'I don't want to!'. Well neither do I 'want' to. and I guess the guy behind the counter for 8 hours a day behind a screen doesn't 'want' to either. But we do. Wearing masks in public buildings is tolerable. Being imprisoned in your home for months on end isn't. While lockdowns may be effective. They can't be the longterm solution, even as temporary local measures.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Old 22nd April 2021, 19:40   #717
skellum
Avid contributor

MG ZT

The vaccines against Covid do not confer any kind of permanent immunity.
It may be that effective protection lasts just 6-9 months. Added to that we see new strains of the virus appearing.
The first doses were rolled out on December last year, and those were to the most vulnerable groups (who most need protection). There will be a second round of Covid vaccination to boost the immunity of those early recipients, and this could begin as early as August/September. The challenge for the NHS is that the annual 'flu programme should kick off late October through to January 2022. This means we may end up with the second round of Covid Vax running into the start of 'flu season. I's a huge challenge in terms of manpower and logistics, and it's likely that uptake of the 'flu vaccine next year will be high.
Most years only 35-40% of folk offered the vaccine take it. In our new world of heightened anxiety and desire to be protected acceptance is likely to be more next season.
In short, when it's offered take advantage and go.
Old 22nd April 2021, 22:08   #718
buchanan
Buchanan

Rover 75 connoisseur se ctdi Auto

Yeah over 63 million in the UK have not caught it.
Old 23rd April 2021, 20:44   #719
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buchanan View Post
Yeah over 63 million in the UK have not caught it.
Not trying to be contentious but it appears that lots of folk have been infected and didn't even know it.------Just curious as to where that estimate came from.---
Old 23rd April 2021, 21:17   #720
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Not trying to be contentious but it appears that lots of folk have been infected and didn't even know it.------Just curious as to where that estimate came from.---
There was a Doctor on the radio earlier this week that was saying it could be as high as 50% of people could have the virus and show no symptoms.

I suspect we wont know the real figures until this is all over or to be more specific when the epidemic is classified as being over. As we know we will have this for probably for the rest of our natural.

Those that think in a couple of years we will back to normal had better have a rethink. There will be countries that will be ''RED'' zones for a long time and if you are unfortunate to get the virus while traveling I hate to think how you will be get back home.
Closed Thread