Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th May 2021, 15:58   #21
coolcat
Photographer
 
coolcat's Avatar
 
Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Clacton/Acle
Posts: 48,427
Thanks: 8,707
Thanked 11,303 Times in 7,666 Posts
Default

My apologies to Boater .
Our paths missed each other as I totally forgot to let you know when I was up there whilst your were on your holibobs………Next time maybe , hope you had a nice weeks cruising��
__________________
Jeff.

Last edited by coolcat; 5th May 2021 at 18:41..
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2021, 18:57   #22
coolcat
Photographer
 
coolcat's Avatar
 
Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Clacton/Acle
Posts: 48,427
Thanks: 8,707
Thanked 11,303 Times in 7,666 Posts
Default

We have really have had four seasons in one day here in Acle today!!

No chance of a sunset photo tonight......It's now gone black as night and chucking it down.

On a positive note.....The gale force winds have gone

Lady Emma by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr
__________________
Jeff.
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2021, 19:26   #23
boater
Avid contributor
 
Rover 75 Saloon

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rotherham
Posts: 133
Thanks: 66
Thanked 31 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
My apologies to Boater .
Our paths missed each other as I totally forgot to let you know when I was up there whilst your were on your holibobs………Next time maybe , hope you had a nice weeks cruising��
Hi Jeff - no problem.

We had a good week, the weather was good to us and the sun shone every day. It was very cold at night and a bit too cold for us to eat out unfortunately so did not get to the Bridge Inn or to see Lady Emma. She is looking good after pressure washing but I am intrigued to know how you polish the hull. Do you have to do that from a dinghy or is it a case of bringing to the bank for each section?
boater is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to boater For This Useful Post:
Old 8th May 2021, 19:32   #24
coolcat
Photographer
 
coolcat's Avatar
 
Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Clacton/Acle
Posts: 48,427
Thanks: 8,707
Thanked 11,303 Times in 7,666 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boater View Post
Hi Jeff - no problem.

We had a good week, the weather was good to us and the sun shone every day. It was very cold at night and a bit too cold for us to eat out unfortunately so did not get to the Bridge Inn or to see Lady Emma. She is looking good after pressure washing but I am intrigued to know how you polish the hull. Do you have to do that from a dinghy or is it a case of bringing to the bank for each section?
What you can't see in that photo is the walkway down the starboard side.
I do one side then turn the boat round to do the other

Lady Emma by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr

Glad you had a good time, hopefully next time it will be a tad warmer for you and we shall get to meet up
__________________
Jeff.
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2021, 19:37   #25
coolcat
Photographer
 
coolcat's Avatar
 
Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Clacton/Acle
Posts: 48,427
Thanks: 8,707
Thanked 11,303 Times in 7,666 Posts
Default

Just to add.....She will be coming out later this year (fingers crossed) as I will be getting her anti fouled, new anodes and compound polished.
I compound polished the topsides last season myself but will get the boatyard to do the whole superstructure whilst she is on the hard.

Depending on finances I may also get new boot stripes and decals done as well
__________________
Jeff.
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2021, 19:53   #26
boater
Avid contributor
 
Rover 75 Saloon

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rotherham
Posts: 133
Thanks: 66
Thanked 31 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
What you can't see in that photo is the walkway down the starboard side.
I do one side then turn the boat round to do the other

Lady Emma by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr

Glad you had a good time, hopefully next time it will be a tad warmer for you and we shall get to meet up
Yes that would be good but I think it will be next year before we return.
boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2021, 10:47   #27
coolcat
Photographer
 
coolcat's Avatar
 
Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Clacton/Acle
Posts: 48,427
Thanks: 8,707
Thanked 11,303 Times in 7,666 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boater View Post
Yes that would be good but I think it will be next year before we return.
Gives us time to make solid plans
__________________
Jeff.
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to coolcat For This Useful Post:
Old 17th May 2021, 20:59   #28
coolcat
Photographer
 
coolcat's Avatar
 
Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Clacton/Acle
Posts: 48,427
Thanks: 8,707
Thanked 11,303 Times in 7,666 Posts
Default

Managed to put the Clock & Barometer set up today

IMG_8823-Edit by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr
__________________
Jeff.
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 21:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2006-2020, The Rover 75 & MG ZT Owners Club Ltd