Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd April 2021, 13:51   #1
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Default New Car Alarm - Advice?

After having my cat stolen I've made the decision to up the security of my HRV and bought an alarm with built in tilt sensor.

However having never fitted an alarm before I've decided to get it done properly.

Does anybody know anyone in the Midlands that can fit it for me? I know it'll probably cost a bomb, but I'd rather do that than hack something important off and end up bricking the car.

Thanks.
Old 3rd April 2021, 17:36   #2
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

That will definitely alarm your cat.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2021, 18:38   #3
Nobby
Aged to perfection!

Rover 75 Conn SE Tourer

Some of these tea leafs cut the cats off in broad daylight and threaten anyone that interferes so whilst an alarm may alert you it wont necessarily stop the cat from being chopped off in under a minute. Have you considered a low cost cat cage? Economy ones retail at just over a ton and are more effective than just an alarm. Just a thought. some examples here
http://www.catsafe.org.uk/products/index.html

Sometimes I talk to myself, Then we both LAUGH!

Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2021, 10:33   #4
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

The problem with tilt alarms is that they can false alarm when it’s windy, I believe there are some companies that do specific kit’s to prevent cat’s being stolen so maybe worth a look. Having already bought the alarm possibly narrows down your options for fitting as most places will want to fit their own tried and tested products. Maybe worth looking at auto electricians rather than alarm fitters.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2021, 21:18   #5
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

One of my neighbours has a car alarm that goes off at least a couple of times a week for no apparent reason. Nobody takes much notice.

There was one going off in Sainsburys car park last week, the same everybody just ignored it.

If these thieves look like they are from a garage with a van with lights ect I suspect they could probably remove the engine and get away with it.

A friend had a Range Rover stolen a couple of years ago from a car park, the CCTV showed a Tow Truck with AA stickers on it and it had fake plates.

Can a metal plate be fitted to protect the Cat? Something like a Sump Guard made out of a good gauge of tough metal, even if it can be removed the fact it will slow them down will probably put them off so they will go to another vehicle.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote