Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th May 2021, 19:34   #1
D j martin

Rover75 saloon

Default Rover 75 1.8 fuel rail connector

Need help I cannot remove the fuel pipe to rail connector , It’s different from what I’ve seen before & looks like one lug is broken .
D j martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2021, 12:53   #2
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Hello Derek, I'll help if I can having recently worked with ithe fuel supply. Mine's the turbo version, so I hope there are similarities. If not, I'm sure someone else will be along with more. Here's a photo of the connector on the turbo.

Releasing the connector involves pressing inwards two blue plastic clips or lugs to release the pipe. Basically, you press them together while gently pulling out the pipe. From your description, I'm guessing one of the blue bits has snapped off? If so, it's obviously going to complicate the release of the pipe. I'd guess that there must be some remnant of the clip still gripping that side of the union. So, you need to take a close look at what's left. A good LED torch and perhaps a small mirror may be needed to see it properly. Is there any remaining part that can be pressed inwards? If so you'll need to fathom a way of doing that while also pressing in the other side and pulling on the pipe. A typical three handed job.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2021, 13:52   #3
TourerSteve
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Hello
The photo T cut has put up of the 1.8 Turbo has a different fuel layout and clip but uses the same snap principle

My 1.8 has a red snap connector straight on to (gearbox) end of the fuel rail . It is actually more hidden than the turbo . In theory this should just be a case of squeezing the lugs after you have you depressurised the fuel system . Although as TC says yours may be more complicated with a missing lug.
I have only ever removed this on a 1.8 T , never actually having to do it on a a 1.8 so unfortunately can't give you anymore information

Last edited by TourerSteve; 13th May 2021 at 18:59..
TourerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2021, 20:30   #4
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

If the plastic press in lugs are broken, cut the end of the pipe from a scrap car, you can then unpick the press in lugs and replace the broken ones, its fiddly, but doable and far safer that trying to replace the whole connector as the nylon pipe is shrunk to fit the barb on the connector.