Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Overseas Club Members Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th April 2010, 17:16   #11
DCN808T
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMORT3rnAL View Post
A black one, now that I think of it I haven’t actually seen a black 75 before, must look pretty cool.

I’ve only seen a ZT in town, being the only one with a 75 around here kind of gives a sense of uniqueness, I like it. To be honest, I wasn’t looking for a Rover, in fact I didn’t even know what car it was when I saw it. I was thinking of getting a Volvo or an Audi when I noticed this stunning looking car at the dealership, it was love at first site

BTW, have you done any mods? I would really like to get a wooden gear lever and handbrake grip but I don’t know where to find it. I'm also going to replace the head unit with a Kenwood.
no mods yet but genuine wood dash and gearknob is definitely going to happen. as is a radio from sean the radio guy and a reverse camara. exterior id like to get some pre cost cutting bits like the rear boot finisher and d post badges. chrome door handle finishers and projection hid headlamps. thats about it. have to wait a bit for $$$ but as ive said, its going to happen.

a lot later i might be tempted to shoe horn a 4.6l rover V8 in there somewhere... to match the sds and vdp and p6b in storage... rover 75b has a nice ring to it...

have you posted any pics of your beloved anywhere? would be nice to see. before i bought this one, i went to look at a few bat they all seemed to have been panelbeated with a brick and sprayed with hammerite...
DCN808T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 17:21   #12
DCN808T
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger1 View Post
Hello you guys. Hope you're coming south for the Rugby World Cup. We're in need of a little revenge........
you need to be mutilated you mean...
Old 28th April 2010, 17:27   #13
DCN808T
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by djw40 View Post
My In-Laws are from Vereeniging.

Been over several times. Great to hear of some 75s over there
they are getting fewer each day. difficult to maintain them over here. no dealerships left except maybe one in pretoria, so ignorant heartless 'people' tend to have theirs scrapped rather than selling them for 1/5 of what they paid for it new...

if i can i would like to collect a couple to preserve for later generations
Old 28th April 2010, 17:31   #14
DCN808T
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverowner View Post
Best bet would be the phsychiatric outpatients or local L. Bin You are most welcome sir
most of our l. bin patients are ex fiat drivers actually...
Old 4th May 2010, 04:17   #15
Roger1
Loves to post

2004 Rover 75 Conn SE 2.5 Tourer; 2022 MG HS; 2021 MG ZST

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCN808T View Post
you need to be mutilated you mean...
Hmmm. Seems a bit that way lately. Rebuilding you know!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Roger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 09:40   #16
iMORT3rnAL
Regular poster

04 Rover 75 1.8T Conn

Quote:
no mods yet but genuine wood dash and gearknob is definitely going to happen. as is a radio from sean the radio guy and a reverse camara. exterior id like to get some pre cost cutting bits like the rear boot finisher and d post badges. chrome door handle finishers and projection hid headlamps. thats about it. have to wait a bit for $$$ but as ive said, its going to happen.

a lot later i might be tempted to shoe horn a 4.6l rover V8 in there somewhere... to match the sds and vdp and p6b in storage... rover 75b has a nice ring to it...

have you posted any pics of your beloved anywhere? would be nice to see. before i bought this one, i went to look at a few bat they all seemed to have been panelbeated with a brick and sprayed with hammerite...
Hi, sorry for only replying now...

I take it you're going to import most of the parts? I found a place in Cape Town that deals with Rover write offs and they have a few nice parts but I've given up because they never return my calls.

Do you plan on doing any engine mods execpt for the thirsty 4.6l V8 monster?

Here's some pics of my beauty...

Do you have any pics?

"Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead."
iMORT3rnAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2010, 07:51   #17
DCN808T
Avid contributor

now its my turn to appologize for the delay in replying

no engine mods planned. there is a place called euro asia, i believe in pta, that also does rover 75 and mg zt spares. have sent them a mail but also no reply. best would be to go break down their door...

your car looks great. pretty in green if i may enquire, what happened to the original wheels?

Old 23rd May 2010, 07:35   #18
iMORT3rnAL
Regular poster

04 Rover 75 1.8T Conn

Quote:
now its my turn to appologize for the delay in replying

no engine mods planned. there is a place called euro asia, i believe in pta, that also does rover 75 and mg zt spares. have sent them a mail but also no reply. best would be to go break down their door...

your car looks great. pretty in green if i may enquire, what happened to the original wheels?

I must say that the blacks also looks quite attractive.

Thanks, I never thought that I would drive a green car but for some strange reason the racing green just does it for me. The previous owner replaced the original wheels so that is how I bought it.

For a while now I can hear a slight rattle when the car is idling and at first I thought it was the flex pipe just before the catalytic converter but it seems to be the cat itself. Since a cat is so expensive and it's not illegal to de-cat in South Africa I think I might go that route. I just have find a guaranteed way to fool the O2 sensor behind the cat in thinking it's still there.

"Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead."
iMORT3rnAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 14:26   #19
DCN808T
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMORT3rnAL View Post
I must say that the blacks also looks quite attractive.

Thanks, I never thought that I would drive a green car but for some strange reason the racing green just does it for me. The previous owner replaced the original wheels so that is how I bought it.

For a while now I can hear a slight rattle when the car is idling and at first I thought it was the flex pipe just before the catalytic converter but it seems to be the cat itself. Since a cat is so expensive and it's not illegal to de-cat in South Africa I think I might go that route. I just have find a guaranteed way to fool the O2 sensor behind the cat in thinking it's still there.
once again, pardon the delay.

i dont think there is a way of fooling the O2 sensor. the signal it puts out varies constantly according to driving conditions. unplug it and the mil lamp will come one and performance and economy will be adversly affected... me thinks. just me opinion.
Old 10th August 2010, 05:10   #20
Woodgoat
Passed Away

MG ZT

Default Hi!, I'm New Here

I live in a little town called Paarl at the outskirts of Cape Town. My office is in the city.
I just did a 1 000 kilometer round trip to Knysna and Wilderness this weekend and I am solidly smitten. We have a 330D as well and although the MG cannot compare with the BMW in many (most) areas, it does seem to sweep the floor with it in so many other areas. Despite the BM's massive torque, the MG's the better long distance car. It's as if nothing can unsettle it. Effortless and perfectly planted.
I've read so much criticism about the 1,8 turbo engine on this forum. Well, I haven't had this car long enough to be a expert on it, but I know that I would't swop it for a more powerful engine. I will never like the engine sound below 3 000 rpm, but apart from that it has amazing torque. Acceleration from second and third gear leaves many (more powerful) cars behind.
Sadly these cars are almost non existant on our roads. If you're lucky you might see a Rover 75 every six weeks or so. ZT's are even more scarse. The result of that is expensive and a scarsity of spare parts and poor service prospects.
A local guy quoted me almost twenty thousand rand to fix a shuddering clutch. I discovered a coolant leak from the inside of the bellhousing and after closer inspection, saw that it was coming from the left corner of the inlet manifold, running down the side of the engine and into the clutch area. I replaced the thirty eight rand gasket on the inlet manifold and lost the shudder from the clutch - and the water leak.
I would like to hear from owners in Cape Town.
Woodgoat is offline   Reply With Quote