Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 4th July 2010, 12:30   #11
MGStephen
Posted a thing or two

ZT 190 ZTT 180

Yeah this sounds a good idea!

Would certainly do it for anyone that needed a car looking at Near Lanarkshire Scotland.

Anyone in bristol, that could look at a ZT-T?

Stephen

MG5 Exclusive
Moonshine ZS 180
Twilight ZT 190 SE
Sunspot ZT-T 180
Dark Fantasy 75 Contemporary SE CDTI Tourer
Chatsworth 75 Contemporary SE V6 Tourer
Passat 3.2 SEL Estate

MGStephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 12:51   #12
kevin
I really should get out more.......

ford focus ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGStephen View Post
Yeah this sounds a good idea!

Would certainly do it for anyone that needed a car looking at Near Lanarkshire Scotland.

Anyone in bristol, that could look at a ZT-T?

Stephen
Last time I went to Bristol was to look at a 75 saloon a nice drive after working all night in London. Thinking of the great car I was off to see. (sellers words)
only to see as I pulled up a dent in the bumper knew right away I would not be buying it, but looked it over. to find it needed a new engine banging from bottem end. new wing and bumper and the inside need a good clean.

would be happy to look over any car near me (Hertfordshire) for a member
kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 13:06   #13
Chris K
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Conn SE Saloon Automatic Gold 68K

I travelled 150 miles to buy mine and upon my request the guy sent me loads close up photos of paintwork, under bonnet, under boot, interior, dash, controls, wheels & tyres + he also sent me photos of all documentation including V5, current and previous MOT's, service book including every single stamp. I also asked for copy of HPI clear document which he took photo of and emailed.

Didn't start to discuss price until i got all those.

So there quite a bit of spade work you can do before you travel a long way to take a look

It might seem like you're causing a lot a trouble, but you're spending lot of money and if they cant/wont be bothered I'd leave it
Old 4th July 2010, 14:47   #14
RovingDennis
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDT 135+ Club saloon, Wegwood Blue.

I'm able to help worcestershire area. Live in Redditch.

Old 4th July 2010, 15:56   #15
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

I think this is already being done by the members, in fact some people, one of whom was 3discos I think, not only checked a car out but got it back on the road again.. I seem to recall it was a gift car?

And I remember Scribbler checked a car out for someone not long ago?

And when I was car hunting I had lots of very nice offers regarding looking at cars for me mainly from the Yorkie lads. .
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 16:04   #16
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
I think this is already being done by the members, in fact some people, one of whom was 3discos I think, not only checked a car out but got it back on the road again.. I seem to recall it was a gift car?

And I remember Scribbler checked a car out for someone not long ago?

And when I was car hunting I had lots of very nice offers regarding looking at cars for me mainly from the Yorkie lads. .
That's really encouraging to hear James, members who go above and beyond should get the recognition they deserve. Perhaps then the thrust of this thread should be to remember those that have offered to help, and hopefully encourage others to be of service too....which I think from the replies so far is definately happening.

That's the real strength of this place, people genuinely wanting to help each other out.
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 17:59   #17
Garaidh
Regular poster

'99 Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE HL auto

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy View Post
Perhaps it might be an idea for all those willing to look at a vehicle on another members behalf to put their name on a list with where they live and the list be made sticky.

Regards
Paul
Paul that's a very good idea, building on what Reebs suggested... it would make it less vague and also each person who was happy to offer to help could specify conditions... i.e. I'd be happy to have a look at a 75 in the central Edinburgh or Leith areas (but not whole city) for someone in England / Wales or northern Scotland, for example.

I just bought a car in Derby and that took two visits so if I had known the club had a list of 'helper checkers' I'd have consulted it first and it might have saved £100 and a working day. (As it was the car was worth it, happily )

Cheers
Gary
Old 4th July 2010, 18:56   #18
loz1971
Posted a thing or two

2000 (W) Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (manual)

Been there, done that!!

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...highlight=ives

And if anybody else needs help, just ask. As you will see from the thread, I give them a good going over (the cars that is!)

And Andy bought the car as well!!

"Plus It's not a man purse, it's called a satchel...Indiana Jones wears one"
loz1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 19:50   #19
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy View Post
Perhaps it might be an idea for all those willing to look at a vehicle on another members behalf to put their name on a list with where they live and the list be made sticky.

Regards
Paul
Good point, I've amended my original post to include a list of members who would be happy to help in this way. I will continue to update it, as and when people post on this thread putting themselves forward.

Oh, and just in case anyone who has already replied to this thread is wondering why their name isn't on the list, I've only actually included those members who have actually stated they would be willing to view a car for another.

Again, I can easily update the list if need be. I won't make it a sticky for the time being, lets see how big the list gets, then we can review it. There is always a danger that with too many threads being stuck, it takes members forever to scroll down to a fresh subject.
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 20:34   #20
doublekite
My other car is a bus

2005 Jaguar S Type 2.7D automatic and 2007 Jaguar S Type XS 2.7D automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissifer1972 View Post
Certainly wish I'd done this with mine.

I turned up to view mine, having bought a one way train ticket from Bradford to Birmingham, on my son's birthday.

It did influence my decision to buy. If the car had been closer to home I am certain I would have walked away and not bought it.
I have done exactly the same after my wife was shunted and had her Rover 400 written off. As she couldn't drive a long distance, we caught the train to York from Norwich, to be faced with a disappointing car. We were quite a way out in the country in late afternoon, so went ahead with the purchase. I would definitely have walked away if we had driven up.

Now my request! I am considering a car in Sutton in Ashfield, Notts, which looks good, even if a bit overpriced. If anyone can take a look I would be grateful.
doublekite is offline   Reply With Quote