Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Overseas Club Members Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th May 2015, 11:46   #11
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

thought id chip in, didn't even know there was an Aussie page on this forum and Ive owned these cars since 2005!!!!
Im in Perth,Western Australia ,and have 2 Rover 75s and a ZT and have repaired or pulled apart most things on these cars over the years but you will never know everything about these cars !!! except they are great cars to drive.
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2015, 03:24   #12
yargnitram
Regular poster

Rover 75

Smile NZ owners

we are not to far away here in New Zealand,as you say there are very few on the ground this side of the water but hey i buy all my parts from Rimmers and they do good service and there is some good dealers on this site with good prices and postage cost,always liked rovers and got a selection of rover coupé 220 turbos and 2 x 75s 2.0 v6 and 2.5 v6, these where both destined for the breakers as they where too costly to repair,as for my first car a 2.0 v6 connie example with 75000klm the mechanic had broken the camshaft doing the cam-belt change and the dealer said to repair would be in excess of 5000- 6000 nzd,actual cost with used and new parts from the UK was about a 1000 nzd this included new belts and associated parts,also i fitted new thermostats and s/h camshafts and sprockets,i also did both head gaskets at the same time and the gauze filters in rocker cover and it took best part of a full weekend. i purchased the car for 600nzd with the engine in bits so all in all i have probably spent about 3000 bringing it back to life but it drives fantastic,my second car a 2.5v6 connie was left in a garage for two years after the elderly owner had died low klms 86000 it needed thermostats but the main problem was SRS light on (sunroof car) that's right you guessed it floor had about 3inches of water and all the SRS switches saturated with water,so i stripped out the whole interior/carpet etc fix sunroof drains new switches from Rimmers took about 4 weeks to dry out the car,its a good job we had a good summer also the car had to have full service a AC recharged(it may have a leak)and its needs to be revinned as the car registration was not put on hold this will be about 800nzd ,i gave 1400nzd for this car but by the time i have done i will have about 3000- 3500nzd but hey these are early 1999 cars and have quite a lot of nice touches,these cars would have been broken here in NZ so i feel that i have saved a bit of rover history,Just love these cars well worth all the effort and i am saving up for a v8 version

Last edited by yargnitram; 10th May 2015 at 03:34..
yargnitram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2015, 03:25   #13
yargnitram
Regular poster

Rover 75

Smile ps aussie owners

also if you need a workshop manual/or other info drop me a email
garymartin@vodafone
yargnitram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2015, 07:58   #14
NRMOZ
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon X2

Default 2001 Rover 75 rescued

Just an intro; I'm Nick from Sydney and have just acquired a 48,000km 2001 Rover 75 Connoisseur SE...

Now the research begins! So many questions; so many parts!

For me this is deja vu as in the late 80s I had a 1955 Rover 90 that I also managed to restore...

Last edited by NRMOZ; 1st July 2015 at 08:01..
NRMOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2015, 06:01   #15
Last14
Loves to post

ZT 190 / 75 Club SE 2.5 x2 / 75 Connie 2.5

Hey Nick,

Welcome to the club. I'm in Brisbane normally, but am working in Sydney at the moment Mon-Fri, flying up and down. But i've got my ZT with me in Sydney to get to work and around. I thought i'd see a few more 75-ZT in Sydney as there are quite a few more than in Bris, but i've only seen two in 3 months...!

I'm going to see if there are any meets' happening and try to get to a few. Which part of Syd are you in?
Old 19th July 2015, 09:31   #16
NRMOZ
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon X2

Just realized I've already posted in this thread (now embarrassed!). I'm based in Sydney's northern beaches, but travel often across this wide brown land. I own a 2001 Rover 75 Connoisseur SE V6 2.5l auto,coming up on 50,000 kms only and I'm just starting to come to grips with the knowledge needed to keep these wonderful saloons (and Touring wagons!) going...

More about my Rover at: https://www.facebook.com/2001Rover75

PS: I also am collecting all the back ground info I can on this car and similar vehicles.

SO far I've the Rover history, workshop manual (on disk) and am consolidating further info. Most of it found within this forum which has been the best inspiration yet in assisting the refurbishment of my car.

Last edited by NRMOZ; 19th July 2015 at 09:38..
NRMOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2015, 09:33   #17
NRMOZ
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon X2

Last 14; thanks for the head's up; I'm based in the northern beaches of Sydney; I'm also often in Brisbane working too! ):
Old 19th July 2015, 10:02   #18
Stag>75
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRMOZ View Post
Just realized I've already posted in this thread (now embarrassed!). I'm based in Sydney's northern beaches, but travel often across this wide brown land. I own a 2001 Rover 75 Connoisseur SE V6 2.5l auto,coming up on 50,000 kms only and I'm just starting to come to grips with the knowledge needed to keep these wonderful saloons (and Touring wagons!) going...

More about my Rover at: https://www.facebook.com/2001Rover75

PS: I also am collecting all the back ground info I can on this car and similar vehicles.

SO far I've the Rover history, workshop manual (on disk) and am consolidating further info. Most of it found within this forum which has been the best inspiration yet in assisting the refurbishment of my car.
I would suggest considering this as the plastic housing is not a good idea if you want to travel the brown land.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...60#post1661560
Stag>75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2015, 10:25   #19
NRMOZ
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon X2

Thanks Stag>75. So far the thermostat seems OK; no tell tales of trouble brewing. The tee-piece in the cam breather tubing is definitely is broken however and a new replacement from Rimmers going in tomorrow, (along with a visit to an old mechanic mate of mine who going to check the car out in its entirety).

There's a lot to be 'scared' of in keeping these cars on the right track; but it wouldn't be interesting if it were easy (:
Old 21st July 2015, 06:16   #20
Last14
Loves to post

ZT 190 / 75 Club SE 2.5 x2 / 75 Connie 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRMOZ View Post
Last 14; thanks for the head's up; I'm based in the northern beaches of Sydney; I'm also often in Brisbane working too! ):
NRMOZ, if you're around at any point during the week, flick us a message and we could do a quick 75-ZT meet up. Alternatively, the ROC has a meeting next Wednesday that i am going along to at Five Rocks. Cheers.