Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Overseas Club Members Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th November 2011, 22:06   #1
Batallo12

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Hello & thanks from Rome, Italy

Hi all and thanks for welcoming me in your forum
My name's Gianluca, I'm 36 and I live in Rome.

My father bought a so beautiful Rover 75 TD2.0 back in 2001 but I never care of "her" along all this time because I like cars but I'm really negligent in interest and maintenance...

Now my father unluckily is getting older and he can't drive no more, so for him I've taken care of his 75, so abandoned in these last years and I'm trying, for what is in my capabilities (i'm totally out of manual work), to setup all things so badly left unsolved.

Your forum is AWESOME and thanks to all your posts/guide/information I fixed up a lot of things, in particular mounting a new MAF and MAFAM because my Rover was totally out of power under 2000rpm... we thought of trash it a pair of years ago... -__-

Now it flies!
Then I repaired the passenger cup holder and I'm fixing (in these hours) the windscreen assembly chrome finishers that became very loose 4/5 years ago and my father fixed them with...adesive scotch, leaving horrible traces along the body and windscreen

Unfortunately most of the clips and expecially some ..uhmmm... (I don't know how to say it) clips on the chrome splint are broken and I don't want to buy them new (I saw them at 80€ each) so I'm trying to fix them with a little of silicon... Tomorrow I'll let you know if worked!

Then I discovered that argument of the plenum chamber, pollen filter...things never done in 10 years! So I'll take care of them

REALLY THANKS 'cause you gave me the will to take care of my father's car, it would be a pity 'cause she has only 80.000 km and it's always stuck closed in garage..

Ehm...I always exaggerate with words, sorry I'm Italian

have all a good day and sorry for my "maccheronic" english

Gianluca
Batallo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2011, 22:11   #2
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batallo12 View Post

My father bought a so beautiful Rover 75 TD2.0 back in 2001 but I never care of "her" along all this time because I like cars but I'm really negligent in interest and maintenance...

Now my father unluckily is getting older and he can't drive no more, so for him I've taken care of his 75, so abandoned in these last years and I'm trying, for what is in my capabilities (i'm totally out of manual work), to setup all things so badly left unsolved.

Your forum is AWESOME and thanks to all your posts/guide/information I fixed up a lot of things, in particular mounting a new MAF and MAFAM because my Rover was totally out of power under 2000rpm... we thought of trash it a pair of years ago... -__-

Now it flies!
Then I repaired the passenger cup holder and I'm fixing (in these hours) the windscreen assembly chrome finishers that became very loose 4/5 years ago and my father fixed them with...adesive scotch, leaving horrible traces along the body and windscreen

Unfortunately most of the clips and expecially some ..uhmmm... (I don't know how to say it) clips on the chrome splint are broken and I don't want to buy them new (I saw them at 80€ each) so I'm trying to fix them with a little of silicon... Tomorrow I'll let you know if worked!

Then I discovered that argument of the plenum chamber, pollen filter...things never done in 10 years! So I'll take care of them

REALLY THANKS 'cause you gave me the will to take care of my father's car, it would be a pity 'cause she has only 80.000 km and it's always stuck closed in garage..

Gianluca

Hiya and welcome to the forum. Yessssssssss, please do look after this car..... They are truly a dream....Plus you will make papa very Happy.
Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2011, 22:31   #3
jonno12
Posted a thing or two

rover75 saloon connie

hi battalo12 & welcome to the forum. I see you have already picked up a lot of info on our treasured 75's, well I can assure you there's plenty more to come. what some of the members on here don't know about these cars is not worth knowing. good luck with the car
jonno12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2011, 23:57   #4
Johnny the Fox
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur CDT Saloon and MGF SE

Hi Ya ! Look after the car and put some pictures up of it too!

Ciao!
Old 17th November 2011, 11:31   #5
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny the Fox View Post
Hi Ya ! Look after the car and put some pictures up of it too!

Ciao!

Pictures of Roma too
Old 17th November 2011, 11:56   #6
Batallo12

Rover 75 Saloon

LOL
sure, I'll post some pics and thanks!
Old 17th November 2011, 16:47   #7
Batallo12

Rover 75 Saloon

silicon made his job perfectly!
the windscreen assembly chrome finishers are now really attached to the glass and the body car, yuhuuu!

no more horrible scotch or other crappy methods, thanks a lot
now I have to solve one (maybe) bigger problem, but I'll search in the forum or, if I find nothing, ask you gently

have a good evening!
Old 17th November 2011, 17:43   #8
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

Happy to see you are getting the car sorted nicely...

We wont invite you over, because the last time some Romans came to Britain they got quite bossy and stayed a long time... he he ..

Last edited by James.uk; 26th November 2011 at 01:54..
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2011, 00:55   #9
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batallo12 View Post

Now it flies!

Gianluca
Hi Batallo12.
I am sure Pappa will be very happy that you have took over his Rover 75. I came through Roma in 2006 September, in my Rover 220sd.I was looking for Rover cars all the time, but can not remember seeing any in all our journey through Italy. So look after it,and we might see it when/if we come to Italy again. If you ever have any problems with the Rover,just get on the forum,and we will help you keep it running.
Old 26th November 2011, 08:45   #10
savi18
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Connoisseur, Range Rover Sport

Well come Battallo12,hope you get your Rover75 in perfect working order,they are great cars,cheers Derek from New Zealand
savi18 is offline   Reply With Quote