Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: Northern Ireland & Éire
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th October 2012, 21:53   #1
bongi69
Gets stuck in

75 Connoissuer 2.0 CDT AKA Josie

Default Possibility of ROI insurance deal...

Hi All,

I'll get off the blocks by saying I work for a large, national brokerage (i wont say which one just yet), and there is a possibility I could hammer out a deal for ROI club members insurance with our marketing department. Along the lines of no set up fee etc.

A couple of underwriters we deal with will mirror No Claims Bonuses if your 75/ZT is not your everyday car.

I'm not in sales so wont benefit personally from this (except brownie points), but would need approx numbers of interest before going anywhere with it

Colin, feel free to remove etc. if breaches club marketing rules or if I'm going the wrong way about it

Recent stats from my euro road trip: 1605 miles driven through 5 different countries, 160.7 litres of diesel used giving an MPG of 47.1. Total diesel cost €222, €0.13 per mile
bongi69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 00:35   #2
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

No mate, this would be amazing if we could put this together.

What we have for up North is a classic policy as a second car for any 75 or zt of any age and im working on a deal for daily car and a classic policy for people with more than one car etc.

It would be good if you could even do a deal of any sorts for members, look into it, find out if theres anything you need from us to provide and I will help you out.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 20:33   #3
bongi69
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin_NI View Post
No mate, this would be amazing if we could put this together.

What we have for up North is a classic policy as a second car for any 75 or zt of any age and im working on a deal for daily car and a classic policy for people with more than one car etc.

It would be good if you could even do a deal of any sorts for members, look into it, find out if theres anything you need from us to provide and I will help you out.
Just numbers to give to the numbers man

Any idea of roughly how many ROI members?

(and as is company policy I am to state I am doing this in my personal, not professional capacity... )

Recent stats from my euro road trip: 1605 miles driven through 5 different countries, 160.7 litres of diesel used giving an MPG of 47.1. Total diesel cost €222, €0.13 per mile
Old 18th October 2012, 22:11   #4
richardvilla
Avid contributor

ROVER ZT 190

Well mines due 7th November so ill certainly be shopping round after a £750 quote by my current one (not sure i can name it Col?)

40 years old, 8 years no claims and insurance is getting higher
richardvilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 23:34   #5
Scribbler.
Gets stuck in

Rover 75. Saloon. Red. V6. 2.5.

Mine is fully-comp. protected and 70% ncd. with extras like, seperate screen cover, courtesy car (14 days.) And we can both drive either car. Full breakdown, ; at only £300. with the John Lewis Partnership, take some beating I think. Also saved nearly £200. on my lady partners too. I did `shop around' though for like 3 hours or so. It does pay, at £66 per hour. ...Mike.
Scribbler. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2012, 19:18   #6
bongi69
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardvilla View Post
Well mines due 7th November so ill certainly be shopping round after a £750 quote by my current one (not sure i can name it Col?)

40 years old, 8 years no claims and insurance is getting higher
Shop around! SWMBO atarted driving last year, paid €1000 for her first year, teh renewal came out at €1500... Totally defeating the purpose of gaining NCD.

Needless to say I got the deal for sub €650 after badgering a certain underwriter we work with

Old 20th October 2012, 03:58   #7
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Folks traders in the ROI wont be able to cover mainland or NI people, there are legal differences in policies and additionally you really really dont want a quote for a southern postcode compared to the mainland lol, NI is bad, but ROI is really bad!

Ive a list of about 900 known users from north and south that have been active since January, so half that roughly, and id say half that again for regular users, and say to be safe 200 users roughly in south who are regularly logging on. Thats a safe number IMO.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2012, 09:35   #8
bongi69
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin_NI View Post
Folks traders in the ROI wont be able to cover mainland or NI people, there are legal differences in policies and additionally you really really dont want a quote for a southern postcode compared to the mainland lol, NI is bad, but ROI is really bad!

Ive a list of about 900 known users from north and south that have been active since January, so half that roughly, and id say half that again for regular users, and say to be safe 200 users roughly in south who are regularly logging on. Thats a safe number IMO.
Well if we get a conversion rate of 30-40% for that its 50-80 people, which I'm sure I work some deal out for ourselves.

I'll talk to the decision makers on monday

And southern postcodes??? There's Dublin 1-24 and after that good luck! Unless you know where you're going, or itys in a housing estate google maps is aware of, dont leave the house

Last edited by bongi69; 20th October 2012 at 09:40..