Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th November 2017, 22:04   #21
ziggy72
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar S-Type R Audi A5 Sportback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogbrush82 View Post
That is the most Jaguar shaped Audi I have even seen.
It's funny how people see certain things. I've heard people say the 75 / ZT premium bumper looks like an Audi but not like a Jag.

Last edited by ziggy72; 10th November 2017 at 22:37..
ziggy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 22:50   #22
ziggy72
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar S-Type R Audi A5 Sportback

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRS View Post
Ahh John?

The 2.7 Diesel engine is a very good unit, can see 300bhp with decats, exhaust and the usual stuff..
Which is insane power, the torque figure is mental!

Nice cars, inside are very nice for the age... but im not a huge fan on the outer looks.
Yes John at Bigfish was the guy who done it. It was a couple of years back but he was very knowledgeable and the torque in gear was excellent. He had some nice cars in the workshop including stuff like a merc SL55 tuned to stupid BHP etc.
Old 8th December 2017, 00:25   #23
Mr bountyfull
Gets stuck in

MGZTV8

Well after 3000 miles I can say I am not really gelling with this car. Sure its a good car but not as good as a good 75. So if anyone is interested in a swap car/cash either way I am interested. The car is just as it should be but not for me!
Mr bountyfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2017, 18:41   #24
peelaaa
Posted a thing or two

75 cdti 2004 contemporary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr bountyfull View Post
Well after 3000 miles I can say I am not really gelling with this car. Sure its a good car but not as good as a good 75. So if anyone is interested in a swap car/cash either way I am interested. The car is just as it should be but not for me!
Hi, can you explain what makes you prefer the 75?

I might be in the market for a new car soon, but finding it difficult to get something that will replace the 75.
peelaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2017, 20:02   #25
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

I have owned 2 S Types, both 3 litre autos, and whilst I like their quietness, I found them disappointing in other ways, and really an old man's car. Despite many criticisms, I much prefer the X type, which is more akin to the 75. Just wish Rover had produced a 4 wheel -drive 75, but I am lucky enough to currently own both, the Jag just for winter weather!
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2017, 20:47   #26
Mr bountyfull
Gets stuck in

MGZTV8

Well let me say firstly in many ways the car is better than a 75. These would include noise suppression, seats and smoother, faster diesel and being a sport model the handling and ride are in a sweet spot between a ZT and a 75.

The things I find problem with are all small but seem to matter far more than i would have thought. The door pockets are to small to be of much use, the cup holders get in the way of gear changes (manual car) when you have cans/drinks in. Then being a short ar@e the seat bases are a bit long for my little legs. The passenger glove box is smaller than the the 75 and there is no shelf. The boot is smaller and shallower. The car is not as economical as my now off the road 75 which I may fix, I see 43-45 in the Jag where I used to get 47-53 in the manual 75. Its a little bigger so parking is a little tighter and I would say ergonomically its less well designed.
Mr bountyfull is offline   Reply With Quote