Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd November 2018, 09:03   #11
fandango151
Loves to post

Rover 75

There is no union.

Its making me ill unfortunately. I feel bad for the team but I think I need to leave.
fandango151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2018, 12:29   #12
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

My wife was in a similar position such that she walked away after being signed of sick and we realised that the stress was making her ill. She has now got another job but her old company is still being ridiculous.

There are some total clowns out there - if it is making you ill my friend, then do consider simply walking away.

It’s not worth compromising your health. Not least because any new employer is likely to be more concerned about health issues than your leaving a job because of impossible to deal with muppetry by your current management.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2018, 13:07   #13
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Just walk, no job is worth making yourself ill for - there will be another one and as long as you don't burn your bridges and can explain the problems you had rationally no future employer worth your time will think the worse for you. If they do they aren't worth working for.

I burnt my bridges in a proper way about 5 years ago leaving a job I didn't mind but which was moved from a 15 minute drive from home to an hour plus drive on the nightmare that is the M62 during rush hour - with no extra money. My son was under 5 at the time and I just resented every single second I was sat in that car rather than spending it with him. Thankfully the HR lady recognised I was struggling and sympathised because of her personal work history so I got paid off to go quietly.

It has never stopped me getting a job if I wanted, references are a slight issue but meh.

I actually don't think my wife properly understood until this Monday when we were driving back from my Grandmothers funeral and hit Junction 18 of the M62 at almost the exact time I used to have to do it every day.....
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2018, 17:36   #14
fandango151
Loves to post

Rover 75

Thanks guys.

I'm a strong bloke - lost my dad on my birthday when I was 19 years ago. I carried on with work and uni. Solid work history for 10 years one company, then 3 at another, 7months at last and 2 into this one. It may look bad on a cv not sure.

This has got to me - learning a job and this thrown at me. Funny what actually gets to you.
fandango151 is offline   Reply With Quote