Notices

Old 6th February 2019, 08:05   #11
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Thanked 1,161 Times in 924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les4048 View Post
Surely that’s the whole point of having your own system though. It’s named iMessage for a reason and when you send an iMessage to an android phone it will be sent as text. iMessages are blue and any messages sent to android are green.
This is true, but if an iphone sender has a residual text from when the recipient was an iphone user it will try to send an imessage, this will bounce back undelivered.
Heddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2019, 13:54   #12
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Many thanks to all - really helpful stuff that has now helped a couple of colleagues and friends who were experiencing issues having swapped phones.

They say “many thanks”
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 07:40   #13
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

With an iPhone for internet, can anyone recommend a VPN? We have recently upgraded our internet and changed the ISP. We were promised decoder boxes for the TV with the fibre installation, but the decoder boxes aren’t even in the country. I complained about it and said Tracy in customer services should not lie or withhold information about the decoders to new customers. She is letting herself down and she is not doing the company any favours. They should be honest with everyone and compensate us, as we paid up front. They should be trying to bring the country up and not run it down by using such tactics.

As a consequence, we can’t get the Sky/CNN/BBC news and no news about USA/British politics.

I am wondering if I could set up a VPN, does anyone know about it? Thank you for reading
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 08:09   #14
ratchet
Posted a thing or two

ZT-T + CTDI

I use Nord vpn - and have no problems accessing the BBC iplayer from France by connecting to a uk server. They have servers set up all around the world so you simply select which country you wish to connect to.

Had it for around 18 months with no issues apart from the occasional drop out - which was probably caused by my abysmal line (2 mbps max).

Hunt around for the best deal as there are discounts offered. I think I paid around 90usd for a 2 year deal (which will expire shortly, and I intend to renew). I think they offer a one week free trial.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 19:06   #15
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
I use Nord vpn - and have no problems accessing the BBC iplayer from France by connecting to a uk server. They have servers set up all around the world so you simply select which country you wish to connect to.

Had it for around 18 months with no issues apart from the occasional drop out - which was probably caused by my abysmal line (2 mbps max).

Hunt around for the best deal as there are discounts offered. I think I paid around 90usd for a 2 year deal (which will expire shortly, and I intend to renew). I think they offer a one week free trial.
Thank you. Nord vpn downloaded, it was an easy set up. I was able to access Sky News and Parliament TV, no problem. The BBC site flashed up questions: my DOB, gender, TV license regulations, UK postcode, email verification and then I registered. Nord vpn was reviewed in Mac World UK, as being top of the pile. I like the extra security/secrecy for online banking. Cheers
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 19:17   #16
Jdwoodhou
Loves to post

R75 1.8 Con SE Man Saloon

Have you noticed a delay in texts being received, particularly on O2?

I found that turning off iMessage seemed to speed things up. I have turned it off permanently now.

Never noticed a problem with delayed texts when my daughter changed from Apple to Android after she damaged her iPhone i.e. she didn't switch off iMessage before changing the SIM to the new Android.