Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 10th February 2019, 20:53   #9131
SideValve
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Had a weekend away in Winchester. Hotel had a very congested carpark. Just about squeezed the car in, just about squeezed myself out. Went to get my jacket from the rear seat and the door handle let me down :¬(
Got home in daylight and got it fixed ok but a) what a daft design the threaded rod through the nylon clip is and b) my wrist was red & swollen for an hour afterwards.

Occurred to me that spinning a nut up the thread to sit above the clip would be a good idea but couldn't find one that fitted. Anyone know the size/thread?
The Story So Far: Austin A35, Morris Oxford, Triumph Herald, Mini 850, Mini 1000, Austin Allegro, MG Midget, MGB GT, Rover SD1 2600, Austin Maxi, Rover 200, Rover 825, Rover 800, Bedford TK, Range Rover 3.9 efi, Rover 400, Rover 100, MGF, Rover 25, Rover 75 1.8, Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.0 V6, MGF 1.8i, Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.0 V6 Auto, Morris Eight Series E, Morris Minor 1275.
SideValve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2019, 23:12   #9132
Mr bountyfull
Gets stuck in

MGZTV8

Decided to treat the injectors............
I bought some injector cleaner and removed the fuel filter drained and half filled with the cleaner. I cranked the engine and left it sitting over night, all going to plan so far!
Sunday I washed the car cranking over again whilst moving the wheels 180 degrees. All still good, until I went to move the car after the car was fully washed and dried. I fired up the car but it failed to fire, I cranked and I cranked (no funnies please) but the car refused to start. Eventually I lifted the bonnet to find the outgoing fuel pipe from the filter had become detached. Just under a gallon of diesel was now on my drive, NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-!

So after much cleaning of the drive the smell of diesel has reduced slightly but there is a plus. With all this lubrication around the engine a as yet unidentified noise has vanished. For every down there is an up!!!!!
Mr bountyfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2019, 06:06   #9133
timon
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

OK, not today, but last week I made two trips to Paris (300 miles one way) with my € 650.00 2.0l KV6. Owned the car for 1.5 month and the car turns out to be a fine ride.
timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2019, 12:44   #9134
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

Took advantage of the fine weather to investigate boot flooding. I guessed there was a leakage from rear screen,so a few days ago put a strip of gorrila tape along bottom edge as a stop gap,that cured that leakage. Today removed side boot linings and poured water over lights,both leaking.Near side water seeping through just below light,off side seeping through middle of light. Will make sure there is going to be some dry days before i attempt to replace seals on lights.
When removing side linings noticed that 2 of the 4 plastic clips were missing so will put a wanted ad in wanted forum.
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2019, 14:29   #9135
Briodyjl01
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer, Rover 75 Saloon

Over the weekend, Cut out the rust in the passenger side rear sill and weld in new steel. Paint the whole passenger side sill, treat and paint the whole of the rear suspention. Found 4 mm of filler in my rear bumoer for no apprent reason.

Changed the windscreen rubber on my rover 114 and painted the whole of the passenger rear quater of the 114.
Old 11th February 2019, 20:30   #9136
75driver
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon, manual. Rover 75 Tourer, Auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMaxi View Post
Took bumper off to restore headlights and try to fix the drip from washer pump.

Ruined one headlight using the Sealey kit but may have had some success with the washer pump using PTFE tape around the bit where the pipes click on....

Will be putting a request on 'items wanted' for a good used facelift halogen projector (passenger side)

How did you ruin the light using the sealey kit? Fault of kit (or user&#129325?
I’ve only ever used the 3m kit myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 75 Contemporary SE diesel manual (#1)

2003 75T Connoisseur SE diesel auto (For Comfort)
2005 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (Marmite duotone )
2006 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (The last one?)

2009 E220 (For a change)
2018 L200 (For Big & Heavy Things)
1976 W114 250 Manual (For Sundays)
75driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2019, 23:13   #9137
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMaxi View Post
Took bumper off to restore headlights and try to fix the drip from washer pump.

Quote:
Ruined one headlight using the Sealey kit
but may have had some success with the washer pump using PTFE tape around the bit where the pipes click on. Is there supposed to be a grommet or rubber o ring there?

Bumper was pain to put back on where you have to bash the side bits in.

Will be putting a request on 'items wanted' for a good used facelift halogen projector (passenger side)
Hi Martin
In what way have you ruined your headlight with the Sealey kit, I did mine the other day and they came out quite good, the only extra care you need to take is when using the UV liquid it takes an age to dry and if it rains the headlight could get ruined.

Once the UV liquid as been applied the lights need to be keep in a dust free warm place, I fitted mine to the car which now I know is not the best thing to do as little specs of dust have stuck to the lens, in the summer I intend to go over them again, lesson learnt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC19613.jpg (126.4 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg SDC19614.jpg (125.6 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg SDC19620.jpg (123.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg SDC19621.jpg (128.4 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg SDC19622.jpg (117.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg SDC19624.jpg (130.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg SDC19625.jpg (136.0 KB, 25 views)

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 14th February 2019 at 09:03.. Reason: Photo Editing
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2019, 07:52   #9138
Eddy600
Loves to post

Rover, MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Martin
In what way have you ruined your headlight with the Sealey kit, I did mine the other day and they came out quite good, the only extra care you need to take is when using the UV liquid it takes an age to dry and if it rains the headlight could get ruined.

Once the UV liquid as been applied the lights need to be keep in a dust free warm place, I fitted mine to the car which now I know is not the best thing to do as little specs of dust have stuck to the lens in the summer I intend to go over them again, lesson learnt.
I did the exact same put the uv protector on put the lights back on the car and it rained leaving splotchy marks all over, oh well lesson learnt I'm hoping a good polish will sort them out without having to sand again
Eddy600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2019, 09:16   #9139
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy600 View Post
I did the exact same put the uv protector on put the lights back on the car and it rained leaving splotchy marks all over, oh well lesson learnt I'm hoping a good polish will sort them out without having to sand again
Hi Eddy.
Sorry to hear that the light got marked after all the hard work you put in are they fully dry now, you may have to go over them with some 3,000 wet & dry then polish them again please let us know when you do decide to do and of the outcome cheers Arctic.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2019, 10:48   #9140
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Took Banana back to the garage to get the starting/running issues sorted out.

So took the Bear back to Halfords as the rear camera had stopped working. They tested the camera and found it was faulty, so exchange unit fitted. Paperwork sorted.

Moved Leafy into Banana’s spot, stops the neighbour moaning about why the estate car is parked in the road.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote