Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th March 2019, 20:49   #11
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

You’ll see me in a royal blue 75 saloon or a ZTT estate in Typhoon colour.

First name and forum name: Ravinder

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur SE 116 (160 remap)
Royal Blue (JFM)

This vehicle was the 50,481st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 2,238th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,775
This vehicle was the 5,002nd 75 in Royal Blue (code: JFM) to be made out of 14,420 Royal Blue 75s
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2019, 21:16   #12
vacuman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by elefsis View Post
Your post took me back 65 years to when I played ice hockey for the Haringey Greyhounds and used to run two dogs at the dog track in Haringey. One was a grader but earned his keep but my other one was open class and won a fair bit of dosh in its short racing life until he broke his hock and had to be retired. I miss those days.
I grew up a mile or so from Haringey stadium. As a bright young thing I would go to the banger racing and watch mostly Oxfords and Cambridges die a tragic death in the Destruction Derby.
vacuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2019, 21:21   #13
vacuman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

> Yesterday for the first time since owning it (late February) I actually took it for a proper drive to work and I was about as excited as I was when I picked up my new BMW……. The car’s maybe not as fast or fancy BUT It’s smooth and quite luxurious and I did the work myself on it to get it running so a sense of achievement for me there, bearing in mind my lack of mechanical knowledge!

Get someone with a suitable OBDC reader - or buy one (<£25) that is compatible with old Rovers - and check for error codes regarding your VIS motors. Search this forum for loads of info on the subject (like I did two years ago).

If your VIS motors are kaput it's a simple job and a little over a ton to replace them. But the difference in performance makes it worth every penny.
vacuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2019, 22:06   #14
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by elefsis View Post
Your post took me back 65 years to when I played ice hockey for the Haringey Greyhounds and used to run two dogs at the dog track in Haringey. One was a grader but earned his keep but my other one was open class and won a fair bit of dosh in its short racing life until he broke his hock and had to be retired. I miss those days.
Well I was also an owner and a permit licensed trainer at my favourite ever stadium Powderhall in Edinburgh and learnt to ice skate at Murrayfield ice rink next door to the Rugby club that I played for, Edinburgh Wanderers, I wasn't much cop having only learnt to skate at the age of 23 ( No ice rinks in South Wales where I was brought up ) but played for Glasgow Reserves, the Dynamos at the old Crossmyloof rink after the first team became the Summit Centre Eagles, and also played for Hamilton Hawks and Cumbernauld Kings.

The reason that I mention Powderhall is that Bill Glennie one of the best known Canadian players ever who played ( and Coached) for Harringay Racers was general manager at the track until his retirement.

The Greyhound Racing Association company (The GRA who went on to own Wembley stadium before selling it to the FA for the redevelopment into the stadium that it is now) of course owned Harringay greyhound stadium and the associated ice Rink and ran the Harringay Greyhounds and Harringay Racers ice hockey teams and imported a number of Canadians who later went on to be employed at the greyhounds tracks owned by the GRA.

Glennie of course being one of the most respected of them all. He was a very polite very softly spoken guy when I knew him as the manager of Powderhall and it was only by reading up on him after noticing his name in the Ice Hockey News Review magazine that I found out that he was one of the most respected Canadian imported players ever in British Ice Hockey and features in the Hall of Fame he never actually mentioned it himself.

Last edited by bendrick; 7th March 2019 at 23:36..
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote