Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th March 2012, 19:26   #11
190SETOURING
Posted a thing or two

MG ZTT 180se,MG ZT 260se Monogram

The weights might have come off but if you hit the pothole hard its probably buckled the inside of the rim which will cause the vibration. Im no where near you but i straighten wheels every day of the week with a 99.9% perfect result. See if you can find a wheel refurbishment company close to you and im sure they can fix it (not a smart repairer or a powdercoaters)
190SETOURING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2012, 19:39   #12
carguy143
This is my second home

MG ZT 190+

Thanks for the suggestions. Like I said I'm off to a garage tomorrow for new tyres all round so will get it all checked. It's actually a Proton main dealer but the owner used to be one of the top guys at an MG Rover dealership so hopefully I'll get some decent service.

Rik.

It may not happen very often but if I say something helpful please hit the "thanks" button as it helps other users.

Thank you.

No. 16 of only 52 Nocturne Blue 75/ZT ever produced. ONLY TEN of these were ZT 190+

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-uk/263467.png
carguy143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 11:17   #13
carguy143
This is my second home

MG ZT 190+

Just in the Garage now. They say the wheel is damaged, I just hope that's all they find. Luckily I brought along a spare straight for them to use.

Right now I'm sat looking at a Proton Gen 2 1.6, 11 grand brand new and from memory it has similar lines to the mg 6. It looks a bargain when compared to a similar sized Astra etc.

Rik.

It may not happen very often but if I say something helpful please hit the "thanks" button as it helps other users.

Thank you.

No. 16 of only 52 Nocturne Blue 75/ZT ever produced. ONLY TEN of these were ZT 190+

Old 15th March 2012, 13:35   #14
carguy143
This is my second home

MG ZT 190+

All's well. New tyres fitted and balanced and the car is as smooth as anything now. I went for Avon ZZ3 in the end.

I would highly recommend Golden Hill Garage in Leyland as a fitters if anyone local needs a blackcircles.com tyre fitter. I asked them to check the tracking out for me and they were honest and said no charge as it didn't need it.

Rik.

Thank you.

Old 15th March 2012, 20:56   #15
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Motorways and major arterial routes are usually the responsibility of the Highways Agency. Most other roads are the local authority for the location, generally their Highways department, although some will come under other departments.

The two main issues are how bad the pothole is/was and whether the appropriate authority knew, or should have known, about it.

If you claim include either a very detailed description of where it is or, better still, photos clearly showing the location so they can find it. By this I mean get plenty of background in so they can go out to the location and see exactly where they should be. This speeds up the process and saves you having to meet with them to show them where it is.
FredSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote